1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Daryl Morey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SportsWorld, Nov 1, 2015.

1. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Yeah right, fire Morey.

I say Morey is on fire.

2. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Fire Daryl Morey ....What planet are you from?....Perhaps, a sarcastic one.....

But, you know...as the name of a band....I love it.

Err, wrong thread...I guess. : )

AroundTheWorld and daywalker02 like this.
  3. illwil29

illwil29 Member

In my honest opinion there have been a lot of inexcusable blunders. The cut of Jerry Lin and bring him back a year later. Omer Asik signing, the Kent Bazemore offer that's almost as bad as the Tim hardaway jr. Ryan Anderson 's contract , the chasing of Rick Rubio, The layups and 3 s only that does not work in the playoffs, the article about getting rid of awards, The Josh Smith blunder, the Mchale extension, the Mchale hiring, the JB Bickerstaff interim head coach debacle, the Royce White draft pick, the Morris twin draft pick, Giving up the entire farm for Chris Paul thing, The blabbering of this is an arms race publicly and then nutting up when it's time to aquire a new weapon, but hey nobody's perfect. I believe in analytics to a certain extent, but there is no way to measure how players perform with different variables. Like last seconds of the game, playoffs, etc. That's when you just have to witness in person if that person has that it factor to change a game. I will continue to give him a chance,but I think there are numerous gms who do a fine job.

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

LIST ALL OF MOREY'S BLUNDERS

since these are generally regarded as bad moves by everyone, you can't use Kawhi and by extension Morris, or Royce White.

GO!

5. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Os Trigonum likes this.
  6. rockpileindisma

Filling his gut full of butter for the last 40 years

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  7. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

No one is saying Morey is a genious or the greatest gm. Even he admits that sometimes or most of the time they have missed players. But he and his stats team still trying to improve and they accept their mistakes too.

He got us Harden. He got Ariza, Ego, Luke, Tucker and Chris Paul. He got us Pat. No one knew him before he played for us.

Yes he had his share of bad drafts or misfits trades like Dwight. But even Dwight had a ok run with us. We went to the conference finals.
    We played great last year except once the spurs figure how to cover us and James got tired with no help to rest they beat us. Look at the good trades too.

I would have liked to have Melo but not for what the knicks wanted. No Ariza, ego or capela. And I don’t feel like we gave too much for Chris. It would have been harder for us to move that many players that quickly. And as we saw, if we have waited maybe Cp3 would have decided to go somewhere else. We were trading Patrick anyway and Lou for sure. Harrell and dekker were ok bench players but not that good in defense.

So Morey has done a decent job
    Next season Presti moves might look bad if all the players leave. But we won’t know how good okc is until the season starts.

Like I said Morey tried to get us Melo but good thing he didn’t.

#287 cerophilik, Sep 26, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
    illwil29 likes this.
  8. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Anybody who watched the game yesterday and didn't want Morey fired is an idiot. I've been saying the biggest weakness of our team is we lack a frontcourt player who can dribble past people and make plays, yet Morey first traded away Beasley for f'ing Ennis and now let Melo slip. Our frontcourt is full of stiffs who can't create offensively. And we are stuck with Ryno who can't guard anybody while OKC can switch everything with current lineup. And they have more firepower.

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

No front court dribblers. Like non.

Except for Joe Chee.

10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Hold your horses.....we aint having meltdowns like non....or do we?

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  12. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

I guess the ONLY GM safe of keeping their job is Bob Myers. Further, where is the fire Koby Altman thread, he stockpiled all the talent in the world, including getting Lebron James and still lost last year.

13. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Hi Ashley,

Let's not get frustrated over one pre-season game. I hear you.

But let's stay calm. Our front court ran out of legs and just have to turn the corner

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

How do they have more firepower though? They might be better than what we have but more fire power?

None of Paul George or Westbrook scare me as shooters. Like non.

Melo isn't the greatest 3pt shooter himself, they are all streaky.

They got 3 shiny toys but they got to play as a team and Roberson is shet as hell!!!

topfive likes this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah more firepower. fire away please just like every year

Daddy Long Legs and DonKnock like this.
  16. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

They got 3 allstars who can score at will. That's all that matters. They can't stop them.

17. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

didn't know the game of basketball consisted of 3 players. that's new to me

19. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

99% of this post is of complete and utter unimportance.

- Jeremy Lin... really? We had him at $5M for 2 years before we unloaded him to the Lakers. That was a steal.
    - Omer Asik signing worked great for us and we traded him for a pick before his contract spiked as well.
    - We didn't even sign Bazemore and got better with Ego anyways, so how was that a blunder?
    - Ryno's contract was no where near terrible when we signed it and it certainly isn't the worst thing now.
    - Just exactly what did we lose when we showed interest in Rubio? It's not like the interest cost us anything at all.
    - Layups and threes don't work in the finals? You must have missed something when we saw GSW win those titles.
    - Josh Smith blunder? What blunder? The one that helped us get to the WCF? That blunder?
    - McHale employment could be regarded as a mistake, but he helped get us to the WCF and we fired him during a lost season anyways.
    - JBB was hired on during a lost season. How the hell was that a mistake when it had zero impact?
    - Picks are hit or miss and White had a very unique skillset if he had managed to get his head screwed on correctly.
    - Morris pick was called swinging for the fences and striking out. It happens to every GM. How about all the great drafts he DID have?
    - We didn't give up the farm for CP3. You are a complete dumbass for even thinking that.
    - You mean refusing to give up the farm for Melo? Yeah, I am HAPPY he did not give up Ego, Capela, or Ariza for Melo.
    - All of those situations are measurable. You haven't seen an inkling of his proprietary stats, so you are just spouting BS at this point.

Dumb posters are dumb...

Batman Jones, topfive and YOLO like this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, Ariza outscored George in that game, and only Anthony scored well enough. WB is the only volume scorer on that team.

They might have good games and bad games.