1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cushing suspended 10 games

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Rockets34Legend, Sep 13, 2017.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's hard not to look at NFL defensive players and wonder if they are on steroids. I have the same problem watching the sluggers in baseball. It's hard not to wonder what percentage of the players do them or other performance enhancing drugs for an edge. I wouldn't doubt if the numbers are over 25%. They should really crack down on the BS, and make it a clean sport. Test them all before and after every game.

2. Bennie Anders

Bennie Anders Member

It was well known in NJ that Cushing was a raging juicer in high school. Some big-name colleges didn't recruit him because they "knew" (wrongly) he could never pass a drug test.

3. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Dylan Cole is about to hand Cushing a plane ticket back to Jersey.

I could care less about the pick albeit a great play to chip the TE on his ass. But the physical nature against the run yesterday. DAMN!!!!!

Kendrick Lamar and Fulgore like this.
  4. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Walker ducking on that play was a big WTF. He avoids Cole so he knows he was there. But shutting down Murray and Henry was big.

Kendrick Lamar likes this.
  5. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Was it me or were the Texans playing McKinney, Cunningham, and Cole at the same time? We ran a lot of 4-3 yesterday. Smart coaching by Vrabel. I thought it was his best game.

6. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Do you think they'd be using during the game?

All I know is that there is no reason Cushing should ever play another down for the Texans. Don't need him on the field or in the locker room.

7. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, of course I think some guys dope up during games. Who knows about Cush. But, what I did respect about him though was his support for vets and the military. Somehow I doubt he would be standing in protest during the anthem like the rest of our team. I had more respect for Tennessee at our game than my own team. It was the saddest day for me in all my years of watching football. I can't cheer for a team I don't respect anymore, and the Texans have tarnished my image of them now. It made me sick to my stomach seeing all those Titans with their hand over their hearts during the anthem and not one Texan. Politics don't belong in football, and to protest during the anthem just breaks my heart. They say they respect the flag but their actions speak louder than words, and their words mean nothing to me anymore. I didn't even care if they won, and after years and years of rooting for a lousy team, we finally get our quarterback and I can't even enjoy it anymore. It's horrible.

8. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Cole has great speed and make impact plays. I can't remember that last impact play Cushing has made. Great find by Rick

9. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Get over yourself. The national anthem wasn't even a military respect thing until after 9/11. People like me were still wearing our baseball caps all through the 90's during that thing. Stop trying to shame yourself and others into some kind of indignation for a token part of the football game. If you can't parse out the two things don't post on a football forum. Cushing is a lifelong juicer and anyone that roots for him has a massive double standard on people that cheat to get ahead on life. You might as well root for Bernie Madoff and Martin Shkreli too...just entrepreneurs that the government is trying to bring down!

Cushing needs to be gone from this team.

10. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

No one really holds their hand on their heart anymore. Even if you look at past seasons they just stood there with their hands behind their back. Get over yourself

11. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

So you can't enjoy a Texans victory because they didnt put their hand over their heart? Lmao wow.

Kendrick Lamar and red5rocket like this.
  12. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

If that made you sick to your stomach you must have a pretty weak stomach. Teams didn't even come out for the anthem until what - 2009 or something? Were you disgusted before then too?? Sorry dude, standing up for 40 seconds during a song at a sporting event isn't and should never be the barometer to gauge how much someone "loves" this country.

Kendrick Lamar and csj like this.
  13. Buck Turgidson

I go by whether they're wearing an American flag lapel pin or not.

14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Cush gettting suspended was the turning point of our season.

Fulgore likes this.
  15. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Oh lord get a grip

16. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I agree, its so sad!!

Jk, as long as Donald is representing the country, the players should just take their bathroom breaks during the national anthem.

Nimo and Fulgore like this.
  17. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

anthem should be suspended and then cut just like cush

Spacemoth and Fulgore like this.
  18. Nimo

Nimo Member

Y'all sure know how to kick a player when he's down

19. tobster

tobster Member

This forum is getting ruined more and more. If you have outrage over players not standing during the anthem them you better damn well be ready to go to war with those proudly waving Confederate and Nazi flags on American streets. We fought actual wars with actual soldiers dying because those who waved those flags were the enemy. If you can't ignore someone peacefully kneeling then you have some problems. And as for keeping politics out of sports... take your own advise and keep it out off CLUTCHFANS!!!

Geez. If some of you had it your way, Ali should have died in Vietnam.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I was super disappointed in Cush but ready to move on from him whether we had a good enough replacement or not.

Fulgore likes this.
  20. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

To be fair Cushing has been down ever since Slauson chop blocked him in 2012 and took away his lateral movement for the rest of his career. We stood by him then because we were a forgiving bunch (see Duane Brown's steroids suspension), but since then his more New Jersey toolish tendencies have been on display more and more, he has continued to weigh the team down with his poor performance and heavy salary that the team somehow has found justification to maintain year after year, and his response has been to keep juicing. NFL = Not For Long. We are better off with Cunningham and Cole.