1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas Tech vs Houston

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Fulgore, Sep 20, 2017.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I was saying that the first page of this thread! Houston fans thought for sure blowout. Despite giving up a lot of points the last game, Tech was unusually violent on defense. I just thought it was because Tech was especially bad last year I was reading too much in to it.

2. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

True. Things have changed for sure. If we played Houston last season we would have been curb stomped. Our defense has to be a little better but UH offense has definitely regressed

3. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Allen benched and Bill Obrien faints

Pat likes this.
  4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Postma finally in the game. 12 minutes too late.

5. HTR99

HTR99 Member

Have to put points on the board and sustain drives

Not sure how these players are ranked but an overlooked 3 star dual threat qb (Ward) seems hungrier to win than than our current 5 star guy smh

Hope all is well for the Tech player

6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Postma is a gamer. Screw pretty boy blue chip.

Fulgore likes this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

UH has some genuine horses on the line that will be high draft picks.

I don't think this UH team is as well prepared as the last few years. That isn't a shock though, for as egotistical as Herman is, he is an ELITE game planner.

I wasn't sold on the Applewhite hire at the time and have seen nothing that makes me feel different.

The play calling was abysmal.

As for TT, I don't expect miracles but I do believe they are better than last year.

They were 5-7 last year... I think they do a little better.

8. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Why isn't king returning punts instead of that scrub smh

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Postma simply has to start next week.

He takes care of the ball and moves the chains.

As long as we don't screw our defense over we can win 9 games.

Allen can wait until next year.

MadMax likes this.
  10. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Allen shouldn't be playing at a team like UH unless UH suddenly believes in moral victories like A&M.

11. PhiSlammaJamma

Postman looks better, but he's failed us before too. I'd rather Allen get a chance to grow going into next season even though he looked scared today.

12. HTR99

HTR99 Member

Postma was clearly comfortable running the offense and great to see quicker decisions but can't expect to win after 5 turnovers. Applewhite should of put him in sooner. Hopefully, he gets the start next week. I think we've seen enough of Allen's potential...

Postma coming in for Allen looked reminiscent of Greg Ward coming in for John O'Korn and how much smoother the offense looked.

Fulgore, Hustle Town and DonnyMost like this.
  13. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

No reason for Postma not to play. Allen is a transfer, not the savior of the team.

14. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Postma is not a great QB by any means. But the kid gets s**t done and won't screw you. Allen looks behind the curve. Dude has poor instincts in the pocket and lacks touch. Every pass beyond 5 yards is a prayer. I have no idea how he was so highly rated out of high school.

This offense requires a running quarterback. I'm almost sure of it. It opens up the play book so much.

15. HTR99

HTR99 Member

Agreed, rather have a guy that makes quick reads and decides to run when nothing's open instead of sitting in the pocket waiting for a guy to beat his cover. You're just inviting yourself to get sacked.

We need the qb to make better decisions with valuing the ball and continues to drive the offense for points.

16. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Postma was decisive as hell. Two reads then he is gone.

Kid has some wiggle too. He can make linebackers miss and fight for yards.

I bet King would be a terror in the open field as well. Let's unleash that two headed monster QB.

17. HTR99

HTR99 Member

I have no idea how guys get ranked but his 5 star rank is highly questionable.

This is college football, running is a must. Can't just sit back hoping the play develops, make something happen.

18. HTR99

HTR99 Member

Herman was aware of the prototypical qb needed to run the offense with King. Granted, it's still early and he's unfortunately been injured, but seems to have many similarities to Ward. Hopefully, he's the guy to take over when it's his time to shine after Postma.

19. Poloshirtbandit

What was up with the snapper?

20. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

POSTMA needs to start now - Allen looked awful out there today...Postma deserves a chance!

BTW - Tech fans were HORRIBLE. Had a bunch behind me that were a mess! Spilling drinks twice, splashing on people, and then this guy got so mad because they had a 3 & out that he "accidentally" threw his phone, hit my friend in the head, and my hand - boy if no one held me back - stay classy folks.