1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump and sports

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Major

Major Member

You seem to be under the weird impression that all black people should care about is their ability to make money. As long as they can make money, they should be happy. Never mind how they are treated by police or in the community or in society in general. And since they are rich and successful, they clearly should not stand up for their friends and family that don't have the luxuries of being professional athletes.

Your opposition to lawful, peaceful protest seems to be a tad more disrespectful to the country and what your military friends & family fight for. A protest that doesn't get attention is not much of a protest at all.

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Why does Trump disrespect the National Anthem by not putting his hand over the heart?

el gnomo likes this.
  3. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's not difficult at all, that doesn't mean that people don't make it hard on themselves. Hell it's so easy to make the right decisions and prosper in this country that people are willing to break in just to get a shot at how easy Americans have it. I mean, that should tell you everything.

Now, sure, there are subcultures in this country that glamorize doing the wrong things, making foolish decisions, and blaming everything on "the man" holding them down.....but there's not much anyone can do to combat that. You just have to be smart enough to not get sucked in by that BS and instead to keep your eye on the ball or honestly you deserve what happens to you if you are lazy or stupid enough to where you blow every one of opportunities you are given simply due to being lucky enough to be in this country.

5. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Interesting assumption you just made. That is not how I feel at all. Your reading comprehension is surely a problem here.

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

It's pretty hard in America compared to better countries. And that subculture caused by the situation they are in. There's a reason why better countries don't have that level of subculture.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  7. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

What?

8. NewRoxFan

9. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Because wearing that cheap trucker's hat in a job where you have a required uniform is grounds for punishment. There is no rule in the NFL nor is it in any player's contract that they are required to stand for the anthem.

Of course, you and your ilk know this and only want to fight for 1st Amendment rights when it agrees with your extraordinary small minded world view.

HakeemOnlyFan and el gnomo like this.
  10. NewRoxFan

11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Obama never expressed judgement of a private citizen's behavior. He had expressed criticism of law enforcement which is a public entity that is in service of its citizens.

12. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

how did you feel about trump disrespecting POW's?

is it worse for a pro athlete to kneel during the national anthem or for a president to slander the service of POW's?

el gnomo likes this.
  13. fchowd0311

Trump, when confronted about Putin and Russia: "you think our country is so innocent?"

Trump, when NFL players protest our criminal-justice system by kneeling during the national anthem: "get that son-of-a-b**** off the field, you're fired!"

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

15. DCballer

DCballer Member

The guy is a ****ing joke. By far the dumbest person ever to hold the office, and the fact that so many people (idiots) voted for this con man, shows the lack of intelligence in this country. He will go down as the worst president in the history of this country. He is an absolute moron, and if you voted for him, you are too.

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I wish Trump would go this hard at his alt-right white supremacist following.

Funny how conservatives don't tell Floyd Mayweather to stick to sports, isn't it? I guess if you tell them what they want to hear it's cool.

HakeemOnlyFan, DudeWah and el gnomo like this.
  17. fchowd0311

The people who are in my opinion the most disgusting are the ones who use "the troops" as a crutch to disparage these protesters for "disrespecting them" when their statement has nothing to do with them.

This is nothing more than "robotic patriotism". There is no thought behind it. It's either "this country is infallible" or "you are the enemy".

It's exactly the type of red meat that Trump's 'middle America' loves. He's throwing them some rare steaks people. That's all this is.

In the thread regarding Aaron Hernandez, someone replied to my comment that the NFL has an expiration date due to parents not willing allow their children to play football. They stated that there will always be a large contingent of uneducated dimwit Americans that will always push their children to play it.

Yup, they are called Trump supporters.

18. showa13

showa13 Member

If you have a problem with someone expressing their 1st amendment rights, you’re part of the problem.

It’s funny how the same people who are so upset about an American citizen expressing their 1st amendment rights are the same ones who had aneurisms when people questioned their 2nd amendment rights. Be consistent.

19. fchowd0311

Too many Americans have so much hubris that they think a presidential candidate "that talks like them" is a good thing. I'm like:"Mother F'er! You a god damn plumber. All your life decisions has culminated into you being a plumber. I don't want my god damn president to talk like a god damn plumber."

This might be a foreign concept to many rural middle America voters but I actually want my president more intellegent than me.

HakeemOnlyFan and el gnomo like this.
  20. CCorn

CCorn Member

Because private companies don't all have the same rules.