1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carmelo Anthony has expanded his trade list

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ScolaIsBallin, Sep 22, 2017.

1. pmac

pmac Member

It's amazing that this was only 8 years ago. That video looks ancient. The game was being played so differently, there were 4 bigs on the court and the paint was so packed on every play.

2. lionaire

lionaire Member

I swear if they get it done with Kanter I'll fu*king lose it

da_juice likes this.
  3. Kendrick Lamar

People never learn on this board. This deal to Houston was never going to happen. The minute the two yard line talk came out, the deal wouldn’t progress at all. This is Houston sports and Houston luck. It’s not going to happen.

4. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Member

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

The Knicks are expected to engage both Cleveland and Oklahoma City on Saturday in hopes of completing a Carmelo Anthony trade by the beginning of training camp on Monday, according to league sources.

Anthony expanded his list of teams to which he’d accept a trade this week to include the Cavaliers and Thunder, after limiting his choice of teams to the Rockets all summer. Anthony has a no-trade clause in his contract and would have to agree to be sent to a team before New York could consummate any deal.

The Knicks are believed to want a package back for Anthony that includes younger players on shorter deals and/or future Draft picks.

A deal with Oklahoma City would almost certainly center around center Enes Kanter, the 25-year-old center who has established himself as one of the better scoring big men in the league, something New York would need in return if Anthony were traded. Kanter averaged 14.3 points in just more than 21 minutes per game in OKC last season.

Equally important, Kanter is on a short deal, which pays him $17.8 million this season, with a player option for 2018-19 at $18.6 million. New York is not interested in a deal in which it takes back significant money in the 2019-20 season. That season, the Knicks could have significant salary cap room, depending on what happens with Anthony.

Anthony has not publicly asked for a trade, but it’s been clear that the 33-year-old, 12-time All-Star would like to move on from New York and go to a contending team. A trade to Oklahoma City, which is all-in on trying to win this season, would partner Anthony with league MVP Russell Westbrook and Paul George, both of whom can be unrestricted free agents next summer.

The Cavaliers were interested in an Anthony deal earlier in the summer, but talk around them had cooled in recent weeks. The Knicks were not interested in taking back Kevin Love as a potential centerpiece in a deal, and the Cavaliers were not willing to put center Tristan Thompson -- someone New York would want -- in trade discussions. Even though Thompson has three years and more than $52 million left on his contract, his defense and rebounding would be enticing for the Knicks.

Former Knicks president Phil Jackson gave center Joakim Noah a four-year, $72 million deal last year, but Noah was injured most of the season and there’s little hope he’ll be able to return to his former productive days in Chicago.

The Knicks have not had any interest in a potential trade with Houston, which has centered its trade discussions with New York on the Knicks taking back forward Ryan Anderson, who has three years and $60 million remaining on his deal. Nor has New York been interested in potential three-team deals involving the Rockets that Houston has initiated.

Portland has also tried to engage New York about Anthony, with its guard tandem of All-Star Damian Lillard and C.J. McCollum openly recruiting him. But the Knicks have not been interested in the Blazers’ offers, which have included young vets like Maurice Harkless and Evan Turner. Portland has not included its up and coming center Jusuf Nurkic in any offers to the Knicks.​

6. Le$$

Le$$ Member

[​IMG]

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  7. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I believe Knicks would want Ryno, if Capela is included. Ofc I would not do a Capela for Melo, but if we can ship Ryno with Capela, I'd do it. By keeping Ryan Anderson, it is -1 on defense which whomever he plays with. 4 on 5, even a known defenseless Melo could out-rebound Ryno. If Harden and Paul is fine with the current group, I'm all in. Remember they had the mindset of playing with Melo.

8. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

OKC if I had to bet it will be OKC presti has nothing to lose going all out with P.G and westbrook there,

he has young talent which knicks want and not a bad big contract in Kanter to make the salary work, Kanter would get you a first by himself this year or next year at deadline or they can resign him longterm if he fits with Porzingis

Cavs I think cavs want crowder to stay and they won't offer him, don't want to give up nets first, they're looking for a bargain.

portland
    offer will be around the same level as ours but they do have a better first round pick

9. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Do what you gotta do to get Carmelo. Try to keep Gordon.

10. Baqui99

Baqui99 Member

Melo going to OKC would be the worst possible outcome. Puts Houston firmly at #4 in the West

11. clutch citizen

Makes sense why Portland isn’t on the list despite similar (I use this term loosely) quality of teams. Looks like Melo has a criteria for his next team. He’s looking for buddies on a one-year deal with teams that could compete for a title. HOU has Paul, OKC has Westbrook (and George but not sure if they’re buddies), and CLE has LeBron (and possibly Wade).

12. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

We would just have to hope them dudes would be smashing heads

13. HtownTrill

HtownTrill Member

This is Melo putting Morey on the hot seat to get the deal done ( I hope)

Hoping Presti doesn't pull it off with Kanter

14. mockster

mockster Member

How would y'all feel if we traded Gordan and Anderson but got lee and Melo in exchange. Gordan goes to ny with picks and Anderson to a third team

15. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Just up the ******* offer morey!!! Especially if it is Eric Gordon!

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Melo going to OKC for a worse player and a worse or no draft pick is going to piss me off endlessly.

HakeemOnlyFan and Reeko like this.
  17. lionaire

lionaire Member

I still think we'd be better overall than the Spurs and have a more balanced roster than OKC but yeah being 4th is highly possible.

18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

yeah if morey let's melo go to CLE or even POR i won't be as bothered. but if he lets presti snag melo for crap like kanter, after already letting him snag paul george for dregs, then i will not be happy with morey at all. can't let a direct rival out-bid us like that when CP3's window is short going forward and he can easily just opt out 9 months from now.

19. n8dagr8

n8dagr8 Member

someone got to take anderson still and probably give up something

20. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

Thank Morey and James Harden for changing the way the game is played today. The nba is a copycat league, and after the 2014 season, Bob Myers knew even though the warriors won 50 games. That he wanted Curry to play more like harden especially when it comes to taking advantages of bigs on switches

Daryl Morey and Sam Hinkle the true innovators the modern basketball you see today.