1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Durant praises Rockets great

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Sep 8, 2017.

1. hakeemthagreat

73 means nothing if you lose in the finals

2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Yeah, that team was a pile of turds. KD took them from a championship roster to being a championship roster with a second MVP. Woo!

So proud of you Kevin for taking on that impossible challenge of winning a championship with such a weak team! I'm not the only one. People used to cheer loud at UT games when they put KD on the big screen at Longhorn football games. I went last week and they had a minute long congrats video for Kevin Durant... crowd didn't even react. It was sheer disappointment in the guy for choosing the easy path.

Are you honestly proud of this guy? It's not really his accomplishment.

3. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

White demon

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

The weakest thing is KD taking a pay cut so the owner saves on luxury tax

Pen15clubber likes this.
  5. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

Actually if he didint take a pay cut, they would just not resign Igudala.

6. RockWest

Not being proud of someone is quite different from hating with passion.
    I think all the talks about "blowing 3-1 advantage then join the enemy" and "joining 73-win team" are just excuses. The real reason why people hate him so much is 26+ teams now have zero shot at championship in the next 3-5 years. (Not that many of them had a shot to begin with.)

7. don grahamleone

If he went to his hometown and played for Washington, I would have said nothing. He, John Wall, and Beal would still leave the league competitive and they're potential champs. He would have been the main guy. Instead, he decided to be hombre number 2 in California. Durant is weak. As a Longhorn alum, it pains me to disparage a fellow alum, but he did leave after 1 year and he's clearly soft in the head. Strong minds force their way into a title, weak minds join the enemy. That's why people love the movie "300" and think of guys like Robert the Bruce in Braveheart to be a turd. KD ruins my belief in Longhorn pride. Longhorns don't act like p*****s and he's clearly a p***y. I hate that. Be a man. Face your enemy, don't join them. That's why I prefer LeBron. He never joined the enemy. He formed alliances with competitors that wanted to beat the West. KD joined the team that beat him. Sissy.

8. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

CP3, who you just made a fanboi thread about, joined a team that he blew a 3-1 lead to in the playoffs. Sissy? :D:D:D

MoonBus likes this.
  9. RockWest

I thought about it too, but no one is hating him for joining us. Guess we are not strong enough to strike fear yet.

10. Trackball

Trackball Member

Kevin Durant did nothing wrong.

Yes, I'm serious. Kevin Durant did nothing wrong.
    Because Kevin Durant broke no rules.
    Disagree? Then tell me the rule that Kevin Durant broke.

Kevin Durant exercised his fundamental right to negotiate terms of employment with the employer of his choice.
    Want to restrict that? Enjoy the players' strike. Then you'll have NO basketball.

If you have a problem with what Kevin Durant did, then you have a problem with free agency as a concept.

Would you have raised a fuss if he came here? Didn't think so.

What does Kobe Bryant say to anyone who criticizes the fact that he's the all-time leader in shots missed?

Why? Because, to the masses, RINGS are ALL THAT MATTER.

Just ask John Salley. Do you think he's introduced as "third-string benchwarmer for the 1996 Bulls and 2000 Lakers?"
    No. He's introduced as "four-time NBA champion."

When Robert Horry appeared on Celebrity Family Feud earlier this year, did his nameplate say "perpetual role player?"
    No. His nameplate read "seven-time NBA champion."

Let's ask John Salley about that, hmmm?

#130 Trackball, Sep 11, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
    MoonBus likes this.
  11. kyle7758521

kyle7758521 Member

What did Yao say over there anyway??? :D:D

12. hakeemthagreat

You're the one who said "KD joined the best team in the NBA", which is factually incorrect. You should've said KD joined one of the best teams in the league which is correct

Are you proud of Lebron for buying 3 championships? Are you proud of his accomplishments? If you're going to criticize KD then do the same to Lebron. Don't gear all your hatred toward one player but give another a pass when they basically are guilty of the same thing. That's all I'm saying here. Plus Lebron (the alleged GOAT), was guarding KD and got owned. KD was by FAR the best player on the planet that series with Lebron guarding him. The biggest shot of the series from this

Trackball and MoonBus like this.
  13. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Wrong? No

b****ly? Fk ya

don grahamleone likes this.
  14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Someone has some reading to do.

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

KD defenders are out here reaching with these terrible comparisons

16. Trackball

Trackball Member

I fail to see how I made a non-sequitur.
    Most of you are angry at Kevin Durant for making that move.
    Why? What rule did he break? That seems pretty relevant, no?

Free agency is FREE...AGENCY. He was allowed to negotiate with ANY team he wanted.
    There is no rule on the books saying he could only negotiate with teams below a certain win threshold.
    And the instant the league THINKS about putting such a rule on the books, you KNOW the players' union will raise a ruckus.
    (Though I admit it would be kinda fun seeing the union defend that.)

Did you watch the video? Listen to John Salley and Tony Dungy.

17. don grahamleone

KD joined the best team in the NBA.

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

if u can't understand why people are mad at what KD did then Idk what to say...

19. don grahamleone

"You can't ****ing stop me."

I assume that was rhetorical, but I don't care. I loved typing it.

20. hakeemthagreat

The "best team" lost the NBA finals? Doesn't make sense, but run wit it my friend