1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Durant praises Rockets great

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Sep 8, 2017.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The weird all comes out one day.

2. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

I agree it's a weak move. But the amount of hate I see from non OKC fans are pretty ridiculous for a weak move. It probably forever tinted his legacy, but a lot of posters talk as if they hate him with passion. Wtf?

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

he gets hate because he made GS so overpowered in the process of making his weak move...most teams have a 0% chance of ever beating them in a series

I don't hate him, but he annoys the hell out of me now and I think he's two-faced/fugazy

Pen15clubber likes this.
  4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

You have to give Golden St credit. They aren't full of top picks. They won 73 games without having Kevin Durant type lotto picks.

5. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Pen15clubber likes this.
  6. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

[​IMG]

7. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

@DaGreatest does this mean KD is a white demon!?!?

don grahamleone likes this.
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

I give them credit, they are a well run organization and they hit homeruns with their draft picks and coaching hire in Steve Kerr

KD pulled that chump move and went and made them as close to unbeatable as u can get...

9. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I liked McGrady, but his inability to play a team game wore me down until I stopped liking him. I wanted to see the team succeed, not just him. He was a failure in my book because the playoffs is where you prove yourself as a teammate. He went out and tried to prove he was good in the playoffs and forgot about the team.

LeBron formed a trio, not a superteam. His Miami teams were running with no depth because they took up the whole salary cap with 3 players. It was still competitive. Evidence: multiple finals losses against several teams in the finals. He waited for the Cavs to build up through the draft, then went home when he thought he could compete to win it all. He's won one of three in Cleveland since his return after convincing the GM to go get Love, JR, Iman, etc. He built those teams. That's the difference. Sure, it was slimy, but he didn't join a team that won 73 games the year before he got there. That's the difference.

How the **** do you call me a short term fan? What does that even mean? My join date alone should say something. It doesn't have to mean a lot, but short term? That makes no sense at all. Try again.

Go Rox!!! Hook'em Horns!!! but KD is not doing my alma mata any solids... dude went for a sure thing... it's like going to Kentucky right now. He might as well say that going to UT was a mistake because his one year didn't result in a Final Four and a trophy. I just wish he had some competitive pride.

10. don grahamleone

I like his mom though! Hook'em Wanda!!!

11. hakeemthagreat

Team game? Did u watch that team? Not to be funny, but were you really a Rocket fan back then or some freelance sports fan chasing box scores? Tracy Mcgrady was NEVER selfish as a Rocket. His court vision was elite & he always made the right basketball play. I'm convinced u just made that up

Stop moving the goal post. Miami had 3 superstars they're 1st yr & the 2nd yr they added Ray Allen. They were the epitome of a superteam. The difference is you favor one player & despise the other one. Regardless of who you like, Lebron started this superteam wave yet ppl ignore it as KD's the bad guy

12. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

Lebron joined force with 2 all star in their prime , twice. But their coaching is not in the same league as Warriors, which limited them. But in terms of personnel and talent Lebron teams were definitely super teams

13. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

It's unfortunate he joined a 73 win team. But the Warriors system was really the best fit for him. He has expanded his game in ways he would have never been able to in Okc.

14. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Yeah, defenses couldn't focus on him, they played excellent defense, and he could sit out the entire regular season and they would still win 65 games. That's a pretty good fit for anybody. GS could have kept Barnes, and signed me to a contract and still won the championship.

Durant is a Beta male, Westbrook is an alpha, that's why they couldn't win a chip. Durant was the better player, he should have grabbed that locker room by the throat, but he didn't. Westbrook should have wanted out, but he admitted it was Westbook's team and left.

He took the b**ch path, no chance of losing. Could anybody imagine Jordan signing with the Pistons in 89? It showed such a lack of competitive fire from an all time great it is truly incomprehensible.On top of being a supreme punk move, it broke the entire league in the process. The playoffs were unwatchable because nobody had a chance.

I don't think I've ever hated any non criminal more than I hate Kevin Durant as a basketball player.

#114 sealclubber1016, Sep 10, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
    Pen15clubber and pippendagimp like this.
  15. hakeemthagreat

Both teams have advantages. But the argument on whether Lebrons had superteams is non debateable. Ppl cant hate KD for stacking the deck but praise Lebron when he did it twice now. He also got his previous fired just so his buddy Lue could get the job smh. The same guy who goes after reporters who simply critique him. Lebron is the biggest nba diva

16. don grahamleone

KD found the best team in the league and joined them, LeBron joined two terrible teams and turned them around immediately. KD is not the saviour of Golden State, but LeBron is the saviour of Cleveland Cavalier basketball. There's a difference. I don't like either, but there's a difference. One guy said, I can't beat you so I'll join you. The other said, I need help to get there, but I'm still going to be the man. KD is not the man.

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

what KD did is like Lebron joining the Big 3 in Boston after losing to them in the 2010 playoffs...oh, and instead of the Big 3 all exiting their primes, they were right in the middle of it and Boston was a team that was already capable of winning a chip and 70+ games without him

KD is WEAK

18. hakeemthagreat

No. The best team in the league at the time was Cleveland, given they beat GS in NBA finals

19. don grahamleone

73 Oh, okay. 73 You totally 73 got me 73 there. I give up. 73

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  20. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member