1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hakeem Olajuwon - Best Center Of All Time

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Aug 29, 2017.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

For Rockets fans only

s3ts, Rocket4Life11, Deckard and 18 others like this.
  2. Le$$

Le$$ Member

see how this guy feeds off the past. Whats your point? lol

3. Le$$

Le$$ Member

tinman like a squirel that will never keep chiping away at nuts.

4. Le$$

Le$$ Member

more threads, and more posts... dude is like a escalator ready to bounce at any time..

5. Le$$

Le$$ Member

dude nobody wants to talk about hakeem, ya he the dream, wow, what we gonna do now in 2090, lets keep talking about it , so everyone can get hits off the dream. Wow i wonder how many lakers fans talk about jerry west.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I agree.....

I could not watch that much of Kareem, Russell, Wilt.

Skillwise Hakeem was the Best long time ago..... Total package as a Rocket I would say yes, objectively maybe.

However I am not thrilled how this thread came about.

7. tinman

Supporting Member

I did say Rockets fans only
    So those who do not enjoy a new video of Hakeem Olajuwon

Leave

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lmao for fantasy purposes I talk about Jerry West.....he was a good advisor to GSW and now is doing work for the Clips.

One of the best shooters, underrated playmaker, decent defender, very good mind.

don grahamleone likes this.
  9. tinman

Supporting Member

If you are disgusted by the video of Hakeem Olajuwon bringing glory to clutch city

Delete your account now

s3ts and PDJACK7 like this.
  10. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

That's flat out offensive. Are you a troll or something? Should I know your reputation? What's your endgame because this is a basketball forum and we discuss the history of basketball or predict the future. There is no talking about present basketball here. If you want to talk about Harden's game right now, you have to use evidence from the past and predict the future. If you say "holy crap, did you see that?" you're talking about something that is in the past. That's this forum, talking about the past or predicting the future. Elvin Hayes and Moses built the Houston franchise. Hakeem took it to the next level. He's the reason for this website, so have some god damn respect you ****ing piece of cowardly ****.

What's next, you want to troll on Harvey victims? Maybe rub their face in the mud? You're a ****ing lowlife, man. GTFO. We don't need you here. Losers and sissies don't belong in a forum discussing past championship glory and future possible glory. I'm sorry Hakeem embarrassed your favorite team back in the day, but then again no I'm not. F- your team. F- what you stand for. Low life. Never disrespect Hakeem on the site he inspired.

Plowman, RocketWalta, topfive and 2 others like this.
  11. tinman

Supporting Member

I purposely put "Rockets fan only" to discourage trolls on this thread

Rudy T knew about the non believers, he warned us

don grahamleone likes this.
  12. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Jerry West was a great player. His ability to elevate in the playoffs is WAY better than anyone they've ever had and that team is full of legends. Only 3 times in his career did he score fewer ppg in the playoffs than the regular season and one of those times was because he played the last game of his career. Dude scored 27 ppg without a friggin' 3 point line. Imagine what he would have done with that? Maybe 30 ppg instead? The man was an insanely good player and the reason the logo of the nba looks so badass. If Lakers fans don't talk about him, it's because they're stupid as a pile of bricks. There are tons of smart and great Lakers fans and they all talk about Jerry West. He was one of the best ever. I'd take West over any guard ever, not named Michael Jordan.

His career in the playoffs: 29.1 / 6.3 / 5.6 boards (LEGENDARY)
    Kobe career in the playoffs: 25.6 / 4.7 / 5.1 boards (also a legend)
    LeBron career in the playoffs: 28.4 / 6.9 / 8.9 boards (he's not a guard)

Hakeem averaged 37.5 ppg / 16.8 rebounds / 2.3 steals / 2.8 blocks in the 88' playoffs. Has anyone ever gotten close to this kind of performance? Maybe Shaq? I think he averaged like 38, 16.6 rebounds and 2.6 blocks against Indiana, but only 1 steal. But those two dudes played in the finals in their primes and Hakeem won the battle. Swept Shaq out of the playoffs. So that settles that debate. He also smoked the MVP of the league that year and they played the same position.

13. tinman

Supporting Member

Digital Hakeem

14. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

I dont know if there's more to the reason for this thread but I liked the video.

Makes me depressed a little bit thinking of the past. James of course is an offensive marvel, but would be nice to have a player equally above the rest of the other players on the defensive end as well, and wouldnt hurt if he elevated his game in the playoffs instead of suffering.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Greatest of all time.

DD

Caesar, tinman and Killatron 2000 like this.
  16. FearTheBeardJH

5th* best center

17. Know Your Role

I can't think of a single player that Hakeem matched up with that could consistently slow him down. Kareem was the greatest scoring center of all time, but Hakeem put the hurt on him as well. As Hakeem was declining, Shaq was a nuisance but still couldn't dominate dream. Yeah, agreed. GOAT complete package center.

CCity Zero likes this.
  18. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Man, I miss Hakeem, I wonder what it'd be like today if he was in his prime, probably avg 35+ easy. NBA is definitely softer, I mean sure guys are stronger etc thanks to better sports science, but a lot of these HOFs could easily play in today's game. Hakeem had guard like moves for a big man, just unheard of, watching him live in the arena was the best.

Definitely nice to reminisce about good times.

topfive likes this.
  19. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, you're right on anyone slowing him down consistently, just insane.

20. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

By far the best Center of all time. There was great scorers, great defensive centers, dominate centers, but The Dream had it all when most only had a couple attributes.