1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season Seven

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Jul 12, 2016.

1. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

The way they setup the Littlefinger execution wasnt surprising to you? Pretty twisty to me. I enjoyed that rather much.

BigM, heypartner and R0ckets03 like this.
  2. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Bran said/did something useful.

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Also, I find the conversation between Jon and Theon to be pretty moving.

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

It seemed pretty obvious it was going to go one of two ways. For those of us leaning towards something not making sense with the sisters "fight" it became increasingly obvious which way it was going to go as the scenes played out tonight.

Even something like Sansa spitting LF'ers line back at him.... just poorly done imo. Kind of non creative writing.

And as others have mentioned... this was LF'ers role this season? And then he goes out?

Separate... the Theon scene?? I mean cmon. YARA!!! Lol. I think the Theon arc would have been more interesting if he got beat to death there. Kind of subtly interesting. Now....?

Rocket River likes this.
  5. Amshirvani

Amshirvani Contributing Member

Hope they don't waste any screen time next season on this Theon/Yara story....unless it somehow ties into Euron going to get the Golden Company which seems unlikely

6. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hope I am not the only one who felt underwhelmed by the finale compared to last weeks episode.

7. Carl Herrera

Where is Jaime going? The North? Even if Cersei doesn't kill him, she should probably have locked him up. Now he is roaming free knowing her plan, able to just tell anyone about it.

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Jaime - "I don't believe you."
    [​IMG]

heypartner likes this.
  9. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

So, by GOT logic/physics/time, the white walkers will be in Dorne by episode 2, right?

10. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Pretty mundane episode. There were a lot of comments about plot holes on previous episodes, however they were highly enjoyable.

This episode was very weak all around. The book version of Littlefinger was fascinating. The show version was pretty boring. I am very glad he is gone, but the show took him out with little fanfare. So now its obvious Bran is feeding people information and its clear the sister rivalry was staged. The staging was very poorly done in the previous episodes. It was just a very boring way to conveniently remove a character who had no further use to the show.

Aegon Targaryen high horse speech on why he decided to choose honest and integrity was used to contrast Cerceis betrayal...another 10 minute useless plot point used to get Tyrion in front of Cercei so he could whinge on about how bad he felt for betraying the family. Cercei decision to send Euron off to Essos for troops before they met was ridiculous. Piss poor writing.

Should i bother to comment on the dragon taking down hundreds of meters of the wall in a few passes?

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I'm guessing that's the only case, when he goes to help they're going to wonder why he showed up w/o an army..

12. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Guess I'm the only one that enjoyed this episode. It was awesome!

13. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

If only the North had someone who could see anyone and anywhere from the past and present.

14. Carl Herrera

He had to know where to look though, like the Lyanna wedding vision happened only after Sam prompted him to look.

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

@heypartner going to be in here trolling all you guys.

16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I thought it was good. Entertaining.

17. Carl Herrera

I like it better than the last couple episodes. Some of the stories still don't make sense, but an enjoyable episode and I like many of the individual scenes and performances.

R0ckets03, heypartner and DreamShook like this.
  18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm trying to unpack that Littlefinger double cross. someone explain it to me.

19. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

now you're just being anal.

Some people are miserable when it comes to this stuff. The writing is worse, but its still a great show. Complaining about the "magic" and sorts is pointless however..

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

it's not pointless.