1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kyrie Irving traded for Isaiah Thomas

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by alexcapone, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Cleveland just became the biggest threat to Golden State, overtaking Houston.

2. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

How are they the best by far in the East when Lebron leaves?

Wall is as good as Kyrie and is a lot easier to build a team around than Kyrie whose a major question mark without Lebron at this point as to how his play translates to wins. Beal is an all-star now as well, Porter could still make a lot of improvements he's only 24.

Milwaukee has a far higher ceiling than the Celtics too until further notice. Giannis is 22, Parker 22, Middleton 26, DJ Wilson 21, Brogdon 24, Maker 20. Their team is so young, long and athletic, they're going to be insanely difficult to play against with that length and they are oozing with potential.

Raptors too, Derozan & Lowry still around plus Jonas & Ibaka, after that though they have loads of young talent: Powell, OG Anunoby, Poeltl, Nogueira, Siakim, Caboclo.

76ers too on the horizon, we'll see what their guys can do finally this year.

Boston isn't a sure thing once Lebron is gone, they're going to be in the mix along with a number of teams. The trajectory is positive but this anointment of Boston prospects as future superstars needs to stop, Boston media getting to your head.

3. dmoneybangbang

I think this is good trade for both sides. Cleveland maintains flexibility for staying good this season and potentially dealing with LBJ leaving. The unprotected pick and Crowder's good contract is a decent haul if they move on from IT in the event LBJ leaves.

Boston gets an electric scorer who is 25 years and will be until March on a pretty good contract for two years before a player option. They're getting younger and less experienced but they've added a lot talent with potentially interesting youth and a decent war chest.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

a core of irving, hayward, horford is better than any of the teams mentioned. no idea what boston media has to do with anything. i don't follow any of that. no where did i say tatum or brown were future superstars but ive followed both of them enough to know they both can play and need minutes to continue their development and this move does so. nothing wrong about that at all. raptors are still the same team who always disappoint come playoff time. same story different year. washington is probably a close 3rd but dont see anything that takes them up another step bc theyre the same exact team . the bucks were barely a .500 team. slow down there a bit. 76ers lol. not even going to mention them as a real threat any time soon. bunch of high draft picks on paper means little besides maybe tuning in to watch just to see

#124 YOLO, Aug 22, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
  5. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Pretty good haul for Cleveland considering they did not have any leverage. I get the trade from Boston's point of view but I have to think they could have gotten the deal done with some protections on the Brooklyn pick if they were patient.

6. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

7. BackdoorHarden

Disappointment. I wanted "THE LETTER 2 " from Gilbert

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

@hoopster325 this repeated cycle of kyrie never won anything about lebron is pretty dumb. kyrie at that age wasn't going to win anything with that team. hes a completely different player today compared to when he was all alone in clev. Was that kyrie good enough to lead a team to wins? obviously not. today's kyrie? we shall see as he is a much better player with experience.

kyrie made of glass, horford major surgeries. hmm both look fairly healthy last year. sounds like you're just finding whatever you can just to root for them to fail.

9. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Rudy Gobert retweeted this:

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  10. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

What does that even mean? I must be old

11. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

Heat 3 championships, celts yada yada, jazz nada

12. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

very old almost 2 months old

twas the time celtics were pursuing hayward

13. Coach E

Coach E Member

Heat have 3 championships
    Celtics have however many
    Jazz have zero

HTown_TMac and BHannes2BHonest like this.
  14. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

I need a 4th answer lmao. Thanks guys

#stillOld

fba34 likes this.
  15. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I think this is a good move for Cleveland. Kyrie is pretty overhyped, super talented, but IT is a better scorer and Kyrie isn't exactly elite at anything else. Cavs get some depth too

16. kanggang

kanggang Member

Boston is building for the future - I don't think they do this trade if they really cared about trying to win this year, they know they will lose to GSW

Mazulis likes this.
  17. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

great haul for cavs. crowder is a good player imo and the NETS pick. you can't ask for a better return.

18. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

I was under the impression the Celts could have given the same sort of package for either Jimmy Buckets or Paul George without having to lose IT.

19. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Curious to see if Cleveland uses the bkn pick in trade for a star level player come deadline time or wait and use it for future.

Cousins? How ironic would it be to pair IT and boogie again.

Marc Gasol?

Personally, I would keep it and prepare for LeBron to leave

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Banana boat is coming to Houston. Parsons is not getting DeAndre Jordan.