1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks, Rockets working on Carmelo Anthony trade scenarios

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 12, 2017.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

since we're going off topic, I'd just like to say that it's hot AF and this summer has been miserable for me

Can we just fast-forward to November so I can ride around the city with the windows down and walk my dogs whenever I want?

2. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Summer is my least favorite season. Autumn is easily the best.

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

I love Autumn and Spring...when the sun is out and there's a nice cool breeze it's perfect

Winter isn't too bad either, I like wearing hoodies and beanies

Summer tho...I just want this **** to end

4. rockets13champs

Morey needs to wake up and make a trade

RocketFan, J_Hunter_1977 and bawanyh like this.
  5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Not following. First off, that player in the tweet probably won't make the team's final cuts anyhow. Looks like a camp invitee deal.

But to your point, Even in a straight up Ryan for Melo trade we'd match salaries with NG Bros that would be cut by the Knicks. And more importantly, if Ryno is moved to a 3rd team, NY doesn't have to take any players back if they don't want to. Hell, they'd prefer 1sr rd picks. They'll likely take no more than one player back...that they don't cut immediately.

6. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

He has till training camp

J_Hunter_1977 likes this.
  7. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Read before you take sides dude. I was talking about Julia Morales, because someone else posted about her in the GARM. Then your little buddy decided to come and make an eggball comment about the texans. Just stay in your lane. #SQUAD

8. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

Actually, he has longer than that and the reason why he is waiting is because as the season starts Carmelo has an opt out that he can use at the end of next season, which lowers his trade value. That is why the Knicks are in such a hurry to have Carmelo expand his list, as Melo stays steadfast that he wants to be a Rocket, it lowers the leverage the Knicks have to as for much more than Ryan Anderson. The best thing Houston can do is have Anderson buy in to the possibility of staying a Rocket. Also they need to have a good season to keep Chris Paul a Rocket if they at least do the later, then IMO based on the information this has been made public, Carmelo will become a Rocket.

9. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Actually, he has until the trading deadline. See, all indications show we are fine sitting tight and rolling into this season without Melo. On NYK's side, both NYK and Melo have agreed that they want to part ways no matter how much their fans are arguing that the team can just sit on Melo's contract. What this means for NYK is that as long as Melo doesn't not open up his NTC, the only side running out of time is NYK. See, here is the thing... other teams are not just going to sit around waiting for Melo to have a change of heart if they need to make a move. Meanwhile, our NG's continue to expire and get dropped, so NYK lose trade value there as well. There is a clock ticking, just not for us or even for Melo really.

10. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

I wasnt taking sides at all. I told both of yall to take your texans discussion to the texans forum.

Do you think julias hot or too soccer mom like? The astros broadcasting dudes seem to like her.

My buddy? That dude accuses me of doing meth and consistently assasinates my character so im not sure where you are getting at there.

Squad? Did we just squad up? I guess rockets fandom and the pursuit of 500 has us chilling Lol

11. rockets13champs

Mr. Morey I'm giving you a deadline of Sunday 12 am

12. rockets13champs

If you listened to Morey on WOJ cast rockets trade deadline is December 15th

13. rockets13champs

My favorite season is NBA. October to June. It's lit

DonKnock and lionaire like this.
  14. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Didn't see you say anything to him.

I put Julia in the attainable celeb hot category. like she is no blake lively, but I could never get that. Julia is semi celeb that is just average enough to be attainable.. but still a celeb which adds hotness... does that make sense?

honestly the #squad was something that came up (i think in this thread somewhere in the 130 page mark) where all the guys that derail threads were making fun of the portland dude and started calling themselves a squad with #squad lol

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  15. rockets13champs

So Ryan Anderson best friend in Dallas lets send him there

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  16. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Pen15clubber and arabrocket like this.
  17. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

That is simply an artificial trade deadline. Anything can still happen up until 2/8/2018.

rockets13champs likes this.
  18. RocketsFanBrian

Utah lost Withey, they need to replace their tall white stretch four

DonKnock and lionaire like this.
  19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Dec 15th isn't a deadline, it's noted more as a date when trading can begin...not end.

And besides, He was talking about how nothing happens in the NBA until deadlines...and that he prefers GMs move earlier....and often, due to CBA rules, the earliest moves cant happen until Dec 15th.

He was talking in generalities about how Dec 15th is a better day to make moves than the trade deadline and is miffed more GMs aren't willing to trade then vs waiting.

Deckard and Artie_Fufkin like this.
  20. rockets13champs

Rockets like to use that date as a deadline so they can remain flexible