1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

prime kobe v.s. prime LeBron

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by catch22, Aug 10, 2012.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

He knows about PLAYING basketball, not evaluating players. If he was so good at judging players why did he pick Kwame Brown at no 1 as the Wizards GM and then picked Adam Morrisson as the Bobcats owner/gm? This is you pointing to Rambo and saying that dude would've been a great strategist.
    The same guy who did all this according to you is claiming Kobe is better than Lebron which is contrary to every NBA Greatest list in the world right now:
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ecision-in-michael-jordans-tenure-as-an-owner

I have done nothing except totally destroy all the nonsensical arguments you put up, you have not provided even 1 reputable source or any statistical analysis at all everything you say comes out of your ass no wonder your posts smell like ****. Even here your reply is a picture of fat Jordan, what's that supposed to prove? That you can copy and paste pics on the net? No link, no quote, no nothing except a pic of smiling Jordan LMAO that's your argument?

You should just stop posting because you apparently can't make any coherent and logical arguments. I can argue Kobe is better than Lebron 100x better than you can. The fact that you even argue against all the sports sites in the civilized world just shows how out of it you really are. Your moniker may be hakeemthegreat but we all know Kobe is no 1 in your heart.

2. roslolian

roslolian Member

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/washington-wizards/michael-jordan-says-kobe-bryant-better-lebron-james

No wonder you didn't want to link the actual quote, Jordan's reason for saying Kobe is like the reasoning of a 12 yr old. Really, Kobe is better because he has 5 rings to Lebron's 3? Maybe somebody should tell him according to that logic he shouldn't be the GOAT it should be Bill Russell. 11>6. His argument is so dumb even the article writer who was supposed to be reporting neutrally couldn't help himself and said Lebron is better.

If you subscribe to Jordan's logic then ok Kobe is better than Lebron. But Horry is better than both Kobe and Jordan since Horry won 7 championships, Kobe won 5 and Jordan won 6.

I can't believe you have the gall to say Jordan would know more than "writers" when his only argument turned out to be Kobe has 5 to Lebron's 3. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

3. hakeemthagreat

So according to you, the media analysts at ESPN are more credible on NBA goat conversations than the actual NBA goat himself? Um, ok lol. You say no reputable sources put Kobe over Lebron, yet the greatest player in the history of sports ranks Kobe higher than Lebron. Um, ok (who's exactly more reputable than the goat himself). You say "but err,ehh,ummmm Kobe had Gasol, Bynum & Odom!!!!". But common sense tells us that supporting cast is DRASTICALLY less talented than Wade, Bosh or Ray Allen (Or Kyrie Irving, Kevin Love). Lastly, we all know the east has been pathetic for years. So who exactly has Lebron beat to get to the finals? We can go back & forth on different things but the fact is Lebron switching teams every other year has hurt his legacy. He took a shortcut. Kobe's in a different league and I tend to agree with Michael Jordan that Kobe's the superior basketball player. MJ's very reputable imo

4. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

There are people who think kobe is better then lebron? That's pretty cool, must be the same people who think Jeter is a great defensive shortstop and that Eli is better then Peyton. Pretty hilarious

roslolian and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

A SG ranks a SG over a SF? I'm shocked.

The bias there is obvious and it is really irrelevant to the conversation. Also, who cares what Jordan says? He was a player, not an analyst. Whose word do you accept when it comes to the finer points of jet engines and airplane design, a pilot, or an aeronautical engineer?

There's simply no coherent argument based in fact that would even put Kobe in the same conversation with a guy like Lebron. Lebron is one of the greatest players to ever play the game, Kobe is a guy that was the best player on his team for a few years during rebuilding after he ran off Shaq and before Pau got there.

It's like comparing Steve Francis to Magic Johnson.

roslolian likes this.
  6. jsingles

jsingles Member

You keep writing these longwinded responses that don't ever really say anything, that's impressive. When he posted 6+ links to professionally listed rankings of NBA players, all with Lebron in front, essentially what he was saying was "hakeemthagreat is not a man, I challenge him to take his little girl panties off, and be a man" Instead of doing just that, by finding professionally ranked lists with Bryant in front, you start going on about Michael Jordan's opinion? Michael Jordan, the man who drafted Kwame Brown and Adam Morrison. You think someone with the talent, or lack thereof, to think those two players were worth drafting (top 3) is someone who is beyond qualified to then have a solid analysis on all-time greatest players? I'm embarrassed for you.

At the minimum you should defend your honor, as a man, and post professional lists arguing your side of the argument. Using someone's opinion who has shown to be beyond embarrassing when it comes to realizing talent only makes you look like you've never watched 10 minutes of sports in your life.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  7. hakeemthagreat

U critcize my long winded post with a even more long winded post? I've given several reasons why Lebron's better. More importantly, the best athlete ever in the history of sports agrees with my position. 5 rings beats 3, without forming a "superteam"

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He wasn't criticizing your post for being long winded, he was criticizing it for being long winded without saying anything of value.

roslolian and jsingles like this.
  9. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Give me James Loscutoff Jr., aka Jungle Jim over Kobe any day. SIX rings (i believe 6 is more than 5?), wake up me when Kobe get to 6.

roslolian and Bobbythegreat like this.
  10. jsingles

jsingles Member

So you think a better person to determine the course of treatment for cancer is a cancer survivor, and not the medical doctor who's job it is to do just that. Wow, you are a sick, sick person. Your argument is one that if used would kill people.

Hakeemthagreat wants masses of people to die.

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

Why is Jordan the NBA Goat? Why do you keep calling him the Goat? Who had the most rings in the NBA, isn't it Russell? So Jordan is not the goat, he is even behind Horry and all of Russell's team mates when it comes to rings so he is a nobody by his own definition and his own opinion.

You keep posting these pathetic arguments but I've already shown you all the major sports websites all over the world saying Lebron is better. Jordan isn't exactly a basketball analyst genius, if he is so smart why is his GM resume so bad? What does Jordan being a grest player have to do with his analysis? If you have a boxing match who do you get to train you, Mayweather or his trainer? If you are sick with cancer do you to a cancer survivor or his doctor? You need to fix your car do you go to Michael Schumacher or a mechanic? Everybody on this thread is beating you up for how stupid your arguments are.

Also Lebron got the Finals by himself, Kobe couldn't even get to the 2nd round. You say the East is pathetic but at least he was able to beat teams by himself, Kobe couldn't even get out of the 2nd round! Lol why criticize Lebron when Kobe couldn't even touch his jockstrap? Kobe is a 2nd round virgin if he doesn't have any superstar big man by his side, he has proven he cannot do anything alone.

12. hakeemthagreat

There isn't much to argue anymore. The east sucks. You're criticizing Kobe's career with Smush Parker, Kwame Brown & Chris Mihm without context. Most of all your praise for Lebron is also without context. I've directly challenged your post and you just respond w/ more nonsense. Kobe did more with less against better competition in a more physical era in a WAY harder conference. He ALSO stayed with the SAME team. I trust Michael Jordan's opinion

13. hakeemthagreat

Says the guy who thinks Pau Gasol carried the Lakers to 2 championships?

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

A. Not what I said

B. You still haven't refuted the point about Pau being statistically the best player on the Lakers during those seasons.

Like I said before, make an intelligent, coherent case if you think you can.

15. Steve_Francis_rules

The most interesting thing to me about MJ's justification for picking Kobe over Lebron (because 5 > 3) is that it's completely inconsistent with MJ's insistence that Hakeem Olajuwon is his pick for all-time greatest center. After all, Bill Russell (11), Kareem (6), George Mikan (5), Tim Duncan (5), and Shaq (4) should all go ahead of Hakeem because they won more championships. And that's ignoring guys who won more but obviously weren't the best player on their teams (Robert Parish, Will Perdue).

Why is it that MJ is able to look beyond championships when ranking centers, but not when ranking wings? Could it have anything to do with the fact that Kobe was basically a poor man's MJ (a VERY poor man) and Lebron is a completely different type of player?

16. hakeemthagreat

Anybody with a brain knows that was Kobe's team. He was the playmaker. He demanded most the triple & double teams, he hit most of the clutch shots to give them 2 championships. Pau was the beneficiary of Kobe's greatness. You have no point sir, thank you

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's not an intelligent, coherent argument.....I kind of knew you weren't capable, but I gave you the opportunity anyway.

You can't simply say "ERRYBODY KNOWZ" when someone asks you to make your case. You have to back it up with something substantive, and yet again, you've failed to do so. Perhaps basketball just isn't your game.

roslolian likes this.
  18. roslolian

roslolian Member

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

Thinking isn't his game man. I've never seen a poster dogpiled so much and still keeps "arguing" his case than this dude. And I put arguing in quotation because he really doesn't have an argument.

Dude keeps trying to insist Shaq didn't hard carry Kobe to 3 rings, what more needs to be said?

20. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

By almost any measure that matters (Win shares, stats, eye test (outside of clutch shots)) Lebron is the better player overall.

**No the argument 5 > 3 is not a measurement that matters, once you win multiple championships as the most important player on your team, the actual count doesn't matter all that much. It's ridiculous people use this argument ALL THE TIME, but these people NEVER refer to Bill Russell as the greatest ever, how the f*** can you have it both ways?

I'm not sure why this argument still exists, Kobe was great, but Lebron is a top 5 GOAT by pretty much any measure with a few years left to go, and probably a top 2 GOAT.