1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Preseason Game One: Texans vs. Panthers

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by solid, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Wolverrines

Wolverrines Member

well they got that one

2. tamericus

tamericus Contributing Member

Whew what a ball

3. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Arm looked decent there, huh

4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Nice Deshaun. Statpadding in a preseason game.

Fullcourt likes this.
  5. Wolverrines

Wolverrines Member

Hunt would have ran for days had that pass not been behind him. Watson again showing good decision making.

6. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Keep Anderson around on p-squad

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I get it. You think making the offense worse every year doesn't matter because he's managed to squeak out 9-7 in the division 3 times in a bad division. I'm not unhappy about making the playoffs, but I think it's absolutely fair to expect an offensive coach to improve the offense. So far this team has been a bad offense and a great defender under OBrien, and all but one of the good players on defense are players he inherited.

8. Kendrick Lamar

Kendrick Lamar Contributing Member

who's the qb after watson?

does watson get any more reps after the half?

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Agreed. I think us Texan fans have seen enough mediocre back up QBs to sniff one out.

I hope I'm wrong about Savage, having him become a good player would really help come draft day to trade for a pick...but nothing really stood out from him. If he's going to be a pocket QB he has to make quicker decisions and we don't have an Oline that's going to allow him to sit back and make those decisions.

I'm fine with him starting, if the defense is dominant we'll have a good year with even him, but you can tell with Watson that there is just a lot more to work with there. Even if he's over throwing guys these are throws where either the WRs get it or no one does and if the WR gets it are huge gains.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  10. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

WOT? The Great Brandon Weeden. C'mon man. ....

Kendrick Lamar and RasaqBoi like this.
  11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I expect a coach that only knows offense to not make the offense worse every season he's been with a team. That honestly shouldn't be too much to ask.

As to naming those QB's, ask BOB, he's the one that wanted them, not me.

Also, if you have to have a great QB as a coach who only knows about offense....what good are you? Give that same great QB to a defensive minded coach and you have the same success.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  12. edwardc

edwardc Member

Okay those that are saying he maybe the starter he has looked really good but not going against the first team defense yet

Kendrick Lamar likes this.
  13. Wolverrines

Wolverrines Member

Watson has looked impressive but that accuracy leaves a lot to be desired.

14. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Weeden. Probably comes in for the 4th

15. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

I'm really liking what I see out of Watson. That deep ball was damn near perfect. Homeboy just jumped about a second or so too early. If that's Hopkins, that's a catch all day.

Watson extends plays too and so far, he's been smart. If he was extending a play and trying to play RB, I'd be worried. He's composed and focused so far. I'm hoping this is just a sample of what's to come with him.

16. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

haha yeah that made no sense to me. but no bird eye's view so couldn't see who else was down the field.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think that's the main thing holding him back. Those inaccurate throws could easily be interceptions against a first team defense. His elusiveness is amazing, but you have to be accurate too.

Kendrick Lamar likes this.
  18. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Sine he's been a texan, Hunt has looked good every time he saw the field. I hated that he didn't make the team last year, and I hope he retires a Texan.

Honestly, Miller continues to look impatient. Hopefully it clicks for him soon. I'd cut either Blue or Ervin.

19. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Yup, replace that scrub with Hopkins and we'd be down to the goal line with seconds left and a timeout.

He's exciting to watch and looks to have a great feel for the game... That's what people mean by someone being a "gamer".

Who starts in the 3rd Weeden or Watson?

20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Honestly Brandon Weeden might be the best of the lot currently (not upside, best option to start Game 1). Not sure why he is ruled out as a starter by the coaching staff.