1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Beverly: "I requested a trade from the Houston Rockets"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by iNoseBleedRed, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Easy, burlesk, DreamShook and 5 others like this.
  2. rockets13champs

Nacho Biddness lol

nacho bidness likes this.
  3. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Decker and Beverly are now the correct spellings. Screw the Clipps

Fullcourt, Cash Cam and Pen15clubber like this.
  4. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I don't think he'll be able to expand his game. He was already a questionable floor leader in his limited role last year when Harden went to the bench. If he tries to do too much, it might look like Ariza in his first year in Houston. I wish him the best, though.

napalm06 and javal_lon like this.
  5. mockster

mockster Member

Typical sour attitude when traded. Human nature. Let's be honest without rockets and Morey PatBev may have never been discovered.

I highly doubt he demanded a trade though.

6. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

Yeah there is no way he demanded a trade. He always talked about how much love he has for the city and these guys.

It was probably like a breakup where a girl dumps you and then you go and say it was mutual.

mockster likes this.
  7. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

I guarantee Bev will be disgruntled by the 2nd year of his contract. If the Clippers fail to make the playoffs, they will look to upgrade and he will unfortunately lose minutes to a younger PG they will draft or bring in.. I dont see them in the playoffs this upcoming season, especially if Blake doesnt play 70+ games..

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

that last 2nd year is NG also

9. Tadow

Tadow Member

I really enjoyed Bev while he was here. It's hard not to root for the guys who always leave it all on the court. That being said, I don't know if he'll hold up with an expanded role. I felt like the rockets were really meticulous in how many minutes they played him and how long his stretches on the court were. I will continue to follow him when I can to see what happens with his career.

10. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

What did he say that was sour?

11. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I don't doubt he asked to be traded when the CP3 writing was on the wall. Sure, he was also the likeliest piece to be moved in that deal, but the two are not mutually exclusive -- I'm not sure why people are acting as though it isn't possible that (1) the Rockets were more than willing to move him, AND (2) he wanted to be moved. Pretty sure he wouldn't want a further diminished role at this point in his career, and it's ridiculous to suggest that he should have because "he wouldn't have been discovered without the Rockets."

As much as I love him, I have a healthy dose of skepticism re: how he'll handle a larger playmaking role and playing without Harden in general. That said, I 1000% understand his desire to want to prove me wrong. Any competitor should want that.

Deuce, Zboy, ChumpCity and 2 others like this.
  12. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

I now feel good in once again calling him "Scrub Bev" ;)

13. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Bev, I wish you the best. Getting traded is the fastest way to a bigger payday for him, and I get that. A bigger role is also going to be great for him, but it's real easy to forget how James made the game easier for him. He may want to do more, it doesn't mean he can.

14. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

I don't blame him, I think he made the right move for himself. He was a great complement to Harden, but as long as he was here that's all people would see him as, especially with Harden usurping more and more of his point guard duties. He might fail, but he owes it to himself to go to a place where he's allowed a little more freedom on the offensive side, show his skills and perhaps by the time his next contract roles around he's seen as a two way player worthy of a bigger number. He played his heart out and he'll be missed.

15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Bev, I don't believe you.

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

There was nothing sour about his statement (maybe a bit misleading). He didn't go out bashing the Rockets; Bev actually thanked the Rockets for putting him in a situation that would expand his game.

Voltik likes this.
  17. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Seriously guys? Read the freaking quote from Bev - NOT the OP's original dumb post. The OP missed the point by a mile - Bev wasn't trash talking Houston, he actually thanked them for putting him a position where he can take on a bigger role. He wants a bigger role on a team and that wasn't going to happen here in Houston with James & Paul handling the rock.

...unless you just want to be mad at Bev in which case, why do you even need a reason?

HakeemOnlyFan and Deckard like this.
  18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I think Pat is aware of this, he basically says this very thing in his recent interviews.

I don't think it's sour as much as his ego talking.

19. juanm34

juanm34 Member

I also requested PBev be traded.
    I wish him the best.

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Bev's effort playing for the Rockets was always 110%. The guy played like a madman for us. He hated not being on the court. Since there was nothing I saw in the OP to change my high opinion of the guy, I'll continue to miss him as a Rocket and continue to wish him well in the future, except when he plays Houston.

Thanks for the memories, Mr. Beverley!