1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robert Horry advanced in the Playoffs EVERY YEAR

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Yup.

The guy is historically one of the worst whiners On the board. Constantly whining and crying about Tinman like a little girl yet also following him around.

Tinman dominates his mind and soul.

don grahamleone likes this.
  2. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I mean...this was clearly a thread to evoke responses about T-Mac. It may be veiled as a Robert Horry thread, but cmon.

Rox11 and Yung-T like this.
  3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Robert Horry is a Houston legend.

Big shot Bob was born here.

Don't **** in this thread.

The fact that some of the clowns are tells me they weren't even a Houston fan when we were living the legendary run.

Besides, why would you even bring your failed choking player into one of the clutches player's thread. That's setting yourself up for some shellacking. Use some common sense for crying out loud.

4. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I hear you but we all know that Tinman loves to take subtle digs about T-mac for no apparent reason lol. I can mutually appreciate Horry's accomplishments for clutch city while simultaneously realizing that Tinman trolls

Rox11 and Yung-T like this.
  5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Enough about the clowns

Let's go back to Robert Horry.

Who remembers the Christmas day game against the Suns in 94 where Rockets destroyed them and Robert Horry was dunking everywhere on the Suns instead of dunking some Christmas Donuts in his coffee?

Robert Horry made that Christmas special for me.

One of the best Christmas gifts evah!

#85 Zboy, Aug 2, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
  6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

If that is the case, all they needed to do was ignore it then. But it is in their blood to come and White Knight McGrady.

Sensitive internet adults. Lulz...

7. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Again as I've said before... if you paid a hooker to get you off but she came over, talked about another guy she was looking towards to banging, and left you blue balled, but still took your money... you'd be pretty bitter too. Of course there are jabs at Tmac. They are warnings of the kind of player this organization should never go for again. Gotta learn from our mistakes and remember what works. We need role players like Robert Horry.

tinman likes this.
  8. rcketsfan1

rcketsfan1 Member

Who is better, Tmac or Horry? LOL.

Horry probably could have become a great regular season player if he had the drive for the spotlight and dollars. He wouldn't, however, ever been a part of a championship team as a first or second option. I think he learned that from playing with Hakeem and also because he was supremely confident in his understanding of basketball as a game and his skills. Instead, he opted to be overtly lazy and uninterested during the regular season as a third or fourth option and then go into beast mode in the playoffs. Over and over the pattern re-played.

Tmac was a freak of nature on the court in the NBA. His pure size and athleticism elevated him beyond comparison to most contemporary players. I think he was trying to prove himself as the first option and all nba option during the regular season more than he was trying to win at the highest levels.

The two players were both great in their own regard and completely opposite in philosophy, but at the end of the day, if I had to choose who I would go into battle with . . . it's a no-brainer: Robert Horry all day

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If you dun have a star or two on your team....

GMs would be crazy to draft Horry ahead of Hakeem, Barkley, even Pippen or McGrady.

Quitting is a sin here we all understand but the overall talent is too much on display here.

Horry at best is a 13 ppg player (in the playoffs) he aint that effective in the regular season.

You gotta go thru the regular season to achieve a good seed in the playoffs first!!

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

This just shows that you don't read any of my posts or know me, I've been a fan since 96/97 and have stated so multiple times.
    I also, in this very thread, mentioned that I love the history of the team and like to see it being mentioned, but that tinman is completely dragging it down with references to McGrady, which he does in every single historical thread.

He hasn't truly been about the history of this team for years and that's my point. I love Horry and it would be great to see something like "Historical Rockets moment of the week" threads.

But when tinman starts the thread with quotes like these, before a SINGLE poster mentions McGrady, it's obvious what his intention is.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Why are you lying, everyone can look at the first page?

Post that is completely self-explanatory and is only there to spark a McGgrady discussion.
    The only player this applies to is McGrady, not debatable.

An interview called "Savage Horry after Tracy McGrady asks (...)", which consists of Horry taking a shot at McGrady, isn't a reference to McGrady?

That's three posts on the first page where he's directly referencing McGrady instead of Horry, but I'm the one to start this?

Try again.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Yes, which I never denied.
    Tinmac threatened to dig up my post history and then couldn't find a single post that proves I defended McGrady in regards to his bad actions.

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

So why didn't tinman take my offer to never talk about McGrady again.

You hypocrits are not even talking about this offer and only try to paint a bad picture of me, it's hilarious.

Every dumb post you mention me in says I'm only on this board to white knight McGrady in every thread, yet I proved that ti nman began with the obvious references here and now isn't willing to stop talking about T-Mac on this board, which is his self-proclaimed mission.

Makes no sense, doesn't it? But instead of a real answer, you'll post some childish nonsense, although it completely proves my point and only makes you guys look more dishonest, as it becomes obvious you're the ones that constantly want to mention McGrady.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Like I said, one of the worst whiners on the board.

Always crying.

I mean it in a nice way. All this whining and moaning is pretty bad for your personality.

It looks bad even for kids, but I am assuming you are a grown adult by now.

May I suggest putting Tinman on ignore if he dominates your thoughts so much that you follow him around? It's for your own well being.

#95 Zboy, Aug 3, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Thanks for proving my point again. Telling the truth and pointing out your horrible hypocrisy isn't "whining".

At least you guys are showing your true colors now.

17. Jontro

Jontro Member

hay gais, can we talk about my favorite player jerry lin nao? ^_^

18. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

...and more whining.

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We should thank him for bumping a thread about Robert Horry

It shows the difference between two types of fans

One who loves team success and one who likes to make excuses for individual failure

20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I'm actually laughing because you guys are so transparent and chicken out of bets, but you're apparently too stupid to comprehend it.

Guys on their family vacation (zboy) or in the middle of the night (tinmac) have to take shots at a player that left nearly a decade ago and don't want to accept a bet that would stop talk of McGrady, but I'm the one whining and being dominated by thoughts of McGrady. :confused:

Hilarious to witness this brutal delusion.