1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks, Rockets working on Carmelo Anthony trade scenarios

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 12, 2017.

1. LjGarci

LjGarci Member

Its this TRUE!!!!!?????

2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I know we're in a position of strength when it comes to Carmelo Anthony but we do have to give something to get him. Some posters act like that's all it'll take (albeit with a third team involved at least). I don't know what we're willing to throw on top of that, besides the trade-filler waive-that-f*****-he-sucks contracts. Capela? Doubtful. Zhou Qi? He's our connection to the Chinese market and would make the Rockets sell for more (perhaps).

It'll likely come down to a first rounder. Not that this hasn't been debated ad nauseum already. But "Ryan Anderson, take it or leave it".......well, unless a third team values him more than we know, they'll leave it.

3. craguin

craguin Member

OT - thanks for posting this; I had always thought @heypartner was in this photo because he had used it as an avatar when the BBS switched over from vBulletin to XenForo.

heypartner likes this.
  4. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

That tweet would have gone absolutely viral if it were up for two minutes.

5. aroundtheblock2

It's becoming insane the amount of times I even have to repeat it. I'd even guess Morey is completely content going into the season with the squad we have right now and waiting until the trade deadline to get Melo. We all know thats going to be a rather tumultuous first half of the season for the Knicks if this doesn't get done. I almost want it to happen, just so people can realize the mess the Knicks are creating by not trading him to his team of choice.

6. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

Well get your squad, meet me at 5:45 and we'll settle this like gentlemen

[​IMG]

Os Trigonum likes this.
  7. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Oh crap. Bet, im sure @KingCheetah and @Fantasma Negro have my back

8. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I don't think anyone doubts it might take a pick. When I say "anything more than Ryan," I'm personally referring to other rotation players.

justtxyank likes this.
  9. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

No way Melo would do that. That would be petty to do before the official drop. If he was going to Houston no need to be like that

10. rockets13champs

No truth to this. I have Melo on tweet alerts meaning everytime he tweets I get a notification on my phone. And I didn't get a notification about a tweet like that

houstonstime likes this.
  11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Ah, yes. Hope I didn't sound salty. Or "lite salty", as it were (salty lite?)

12. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Is it too late to tell a joke about a cousins girlfriend having a brother in an eastern conference teams front office?

Asking for a friend.

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

Melo doesn't seem like the type to use eye emojis

14. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Id be careful about that kinda joke for a while. You might just get reported lol

BigMaloe likes this.
  15. HakeemOnlyFan

HakeemOnlyFan Member

If I'm the Knicks I'm at the very least going to need Joe Chee in this deal for the international appeal and dollars. So, August 4th would make sense in my opinion.

16. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I don't see this going anywhere unless Ryan Anderson becomes someone else.

Ryan Anderson was Ryan Anderson 4 weeks ago, he's Ryan Anderson now. this thing is at a standstill

17. aroundtheblock2

I dont see the problem, do you not want him to be excited about being traded to Houston? I appreciate his desire to get here TBH. I don't see this as a foul up at all.

18. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

so did he tweet it or not? Dont see anybody mentioning it on twitter?

19. aroundtheblock2

Then Melo will remain in NY and the Knicks will look like absolute **** with tons of drama and as a result, a lackluster basketball team. They fully plan on Melo sitting the bench, how are their younger players going to develop otherwise? Imagine how Melo would feel coming off the bench.

Woj said something about the new GM being "politically savvy" and because of that there's no way he'd want to get into a public feud with Melo. You honestly think there won't be a huge public feud with Melo if he goes into the season still on the Knicks and relegated to the bench? If he's in the starting lineup he will be taking most of the shots and taking opportunities away from the Knicks younger guys...just inevitable.

20. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

I ate a quarter-pounder and taters for lunch today. My gut tells me... it's happening!