1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks, Rockets working on Carmelo Anthony trade scenarios

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 12, 2017.

1. brownxmas

brownxmas Member

Beverly will be missed up until we see Chris Paul and Harden playing together next season. So lets get this Carmelo Trade done!
    PG - Chris Paul
    PG - James Harden
    F - Carmelo Anthony
    F - Zhou Qi!
    C - Clint Capela

J_Hunter_1977 likes this.
  2. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Member

CP 1st to 3rd option playmaking 3 & d supertar >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pbev 5th option 3 & d role player +
    Rubio 5th option passing role player

3. Aleron

Aleron Member

He was also looking to upgrade sf, pf and c

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

All anyone objected to was the idea that we were shopping bev hard, as in trying to move him. I think every single rockets fan knows that morey would trade his mother for an upgraded one

T for 3 likes this.
  5. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

Right, I think the disconnect is most of us didn't think Rubio was an upgrade. People have been calling for a guard upgrade for years honestly but they had to be able to shoot.

ilovehtownbb and BHannes2BHonest like this.
  6. T for 3

T for 3 Member

It doesn't validate anything honestly. If they were actually going into the off-season trying to flip Beverly for a mid-teir upgrade in play making ability (Rubio or someone like that) then I could see validation. But, they weren't. They were looking for a star, and Bev is a tradeable piece that teams wanted. I'm sure they were in discussions for the other stars available too, Paul is the one that worked out.

Again, people weren't laughing about trading Bev for Paul (a superstar), they were laughing at trading Bev for all the other non-superstar players he was mentioning.

7. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Bev was, and still is, a perfect fit. That doesn't mean that you don't go after Chris Paul when he's available for almost nothing.

The inability to adjust to new information is why people give you **** holic. Don't double down and claim that nobody was down to trade for CP3 just because they thought Bev was a good fit. It's a fallacious argument that was establish apriori, and you WILL be given more **** if you spout this in other places.

Maybe you like that though. Hell idk.

8. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

can you find a single post, anywhere on clutchfans, where you say "I think we should trade pat for CP3 straight up?" And people respond with "nah, Bev is a good fit, so trading him for a vastly superior replacement while losing almost nothing is bad."

9. FTW Rockets FTW

Stop talking Bullshit geezer. I am tired of taking you to school.....

ilovehtownbb, DonKnock and arabrocket like this.
  10. FTW Rockets FTW

_holic doing what he does best. Taking everything out of context. Bev was and is still a great fit next to Harden

Does that mean Rockets would turn down an option to trade Bev for a bonafide PG like CP3 or Curry? Only in _holic';s world

Tomorrow he is going to twist something else and tell us 99% of Clutchfans didn't want to upgrade Capela if we somehow end up with Anthony Davis or Marc Gasol or Porkzingis or some other star big. LMAO

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

Saying that 99% of posters didn't want to upgrade from Bev is just foolish, gimme a break. Bev was a good fit next to Harden, but if we could have upgraded from him then we should have, and we did.

I think it was more that nobody wanted to add 1 of the most flawed starting PG's in the NBA in Rubio. He can't shoot, and he can't finish. He's not a scoring threat. Teams don't guard him.

Yes, there were some people that didn't want CP3 because they felt it wouldn't be a good fit and CP3 would take the ball out of Harden's hand. I remember seeing nonsense like Harden wouldn't play off ball for CP3 because he didn't do it for Lawson. However, there were many people, including myself, that were totally in favor of bringing in CP3 from the moment the rumors started that we had a chance to get him. I was in favor of reducing Harden's playmaking burden and overall offensive responsibilities. I was in favor of Harden getting easier looks and more spot up opportunities so that he could stop forcing so many off the dribble, unassisted, and heavily contested looks from 3. I was in favor of adding CP3's leadership and tenacity. I do not think the end of game 5 would happen with the ball in CP3's hands.

12. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

People people stay focus... this is a Melo trade thread.
    On topic
    It's Friday where is Meloooo:confused:

13. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

Happy Pounder Day everyone!

14. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

15. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

so does the Pounder Thread go back up if it happens

samtaylor likes this.
  16. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

Will Pounder become a legend? Or is he the next Burt Steele?

17. FTW Rockets FTW

Was Pounder banned?

ilovehtownbb and DonKnock like this.
  18. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Can we stop celebrating Pounder? There have been plenty of trolls in the past and we never celebrated them. Please stop this non-sense and get back to discussing.... I guess nothing lol. No real updates recently, besides the usual Carmelo wants Houston.

19. Matt78777

Matt78777 Member

Agreed. I listened to @The Cat 's podcast and based on his criteria for spotting legitimate vs fake sources, Pounder doesn't pass the smell test. We'd all be better off mentally if we just assume this thing will go into training camp.

DonKnock and ElPigto like this.
  20. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Some of these guys are probably college/high school students off for the summer so i guess nothing better to do. Hell our very own @FTW Rockets FTW is only 12, :rolleyes:.