1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks, Rockets working on Carmelo Anthony trade scenarios

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 12, 2017.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

That's because he was, and still would be a perfect fit next to James.

Corrosion and mathor like this.
  2. RockWest

RockWest Member

How did you arrive at 99%? Just curious. Yeah Bev complements Harden well, but if you asked I'm sure plenty of people knows there are better,more talented options out there.

3. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Define quality

Because if you mean that you think they look awesome, I totally agree.

if you think they sound awesome, You need to buy some real headphones.

BigMaloe and CCity Zero like this.
  4. basketballholic

Because nobody www saying he wasn't the best fit next to Harden. Even when CP3 was brought up a adv upgrade nobody wanted to upgrade the point. Don't need another point. We've got Harden at they point. We need a 3&D guy like Bev next to Harden. Paul will take the ball out of Hardens hands. It'll never work. Wet need tusk upgrade at the forward spots instead. This was the constant barrage of responses to suggestions of adding Paul.

5. heypartner

heypartner Member

You're taking this out of context, though. In context, the discussion of Paul was versus getting Paul George or Jimmy Butler. So, I don't think anyone was being unreasonable in pushing for either of those other two. To me, I just wanted to get at least one of them.

6. RockWest

RockWest Member

"Nobody said" is quite different from "99% thought". Nobody was saying Tuvalu was not the strongest country in the world, does not mean 99% thought Tuvalu is strongest country. Pat was the best player Morey got us. Some people actually had high hope for Lawson a few seasons back, they turned out to be wrong, that's all.

7. basketballholic

Oh stop. I meant what I said. You couldn't hardly find anybody on this board that wanted to upgrade from Bev. The overwhelming majority (99%) repeated the old line...Bev is the perfect fit.

8. basketballholic

No I'm going back over the last two seasons. Hardly anybody wanted a playmaker in the backcourt alongside Harden. They wanted Bev. When I suggested we needed another playmaker it was a constant barrage of Bev is the perfect fit, get a playmaker at another position. Go back and read the posts. There was extreme resistance to even adding another playmaker period, much less a point guard playmaker in the backcourt alongside Harden.

9. Aleron

Aleron Member

No we just didn't want Bricky Rubio, Chris Paul is and was always a completely different story. Paul does everything Bev does and a lot of other stuff better. Playmaking is the only thing Bricky does better, and that's what we didn't want at the cost of everything else.

No one had an issue with getting another playmaker it's just the only one who was worth it was the unicorn, except in this case we actually got the damn unicorn.

10. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Very few people had a problem with upgrading from Bev to Paul. Saying no one was calling for it , as proof of the board being full of uninformed people, is extremely disingenuous. Beverley was the heart of the team and the clear favorite of a good majority of people (character wise). Obviously, they weren't going to go out of their way to vocalize we needed an upgrade. That is waaaaay different than nobody wanting to upgrade over Bev if an opportunity presented itself. Everybody on this board realizes Paul is an upgrade, and that Harden needed help. The vast majority are ok with the move.

11. RockWest

RockWest Member

I'd bet less than 10% said such things. Less than 4363 members said Bev is the perfect fit. :rolleyes:

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  12. don grahamleone

Wow, messy merger. Got most of it straight in my head now. Page 107-195 or so is from something else.

13. T for 3

T for 3 Member

why are you up so late, dude??

ilovehtownbb and J_Hunter_1977 like this.
  14. don grahamleone

Maybe it's early? Or maybe I'm just up late hollering at my boy @basketballholic who's making noise up in here over Chris Paul!

Speaking of, he's right. He did want a playmaker next to Harden. We got one and now people aren't giving him props for that. But on the other side, NO ONE thought we were getting Chris Paul (until summer started and Clutch started hinting at it) and so that's a different level of playmaker. I think everybody is right when this argument comes up.

Still love you Bev!! Wish you were here with the rest of the crowd and we could argue about who should start. :)

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  15. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I mean, who didn't want someone in the back court to take some pressure off James? Didn't everyone? We knew we needed a star, I wouldn't exactly call that a hot take on his part. Ya i guess it is early.....

Victorious likes this.
  16. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Member

Just because we didn't want Rubio doesn't mean we didn't want to upgrade or that we thought Beverley was the perfect fit, man. You seem to live in some parallel dimension where people can't disagree while also acknowledging that some of what you say is legitimate. Most of us don't live in black and white that, you remind me of an old friend I use to have named Walter who took his piece out when Smokey stepped over the line.

17. don grahamleone

It's never too early for the liquor Randers.

T for 3 likes this.
  18. don grahamleone

[​IMG]

Tha_Dude likes this.
  19. megastahr

megastahr Member

It does validate that @basketballholic saying we were trying to upgrade bev and being crucified for it. Most laughed at him saying no way we trade bev.

I didn't think we'd trade bev myself but still ...

20. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Member

Bev for paul isnt merely an upgrade its a major coup getting a bonafide superstar for a roleplayer

If someone said last offseason we were trading bev for paul everyone would say no way - the clippers will do it

BHannes2BHonest likes this.