1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Doc Rocket Speaks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ivenovember, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

With all due respect, that simply isn't true. The two couldn't be any more different if they tried. As for Batman and Daryl Morey, if he mentions Daryl, it's usually because someone else brought the relationship up. The man is on the board of directors of Batman's The Catastrophic Theatre in Houston. Why shouldn't he be proud that the general manager of his favorite sports team is on his board of directors? What's unusual about going to lunch from time to time with a member of your board of directors? What would be unusual about the two developing something of a friendship considering the interests they share? Theatre and the Rockets? One the "GM" of the theatre, and one the GM of the Rockets?

More to the point, and with all due respect, why should you care?

2. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Wouldn't be a holic thread without some T Jones bashing lol. Thomas Robinson sucks! Release T Will! Brooks is more talented than Lowry!

rockpileindisma likes this.
  3. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I will urge you to not respond to larsv8. He is the local village idiot around here (along with Derpwah) who is almost always wrong and is throwing shade at you. That's quite funny

This is the dude that said there was NO issue with the Harden-Howard chemistry during the 41-41 F ed up season. And harden turnovers are not a problem despite 2 consecutive season of record breaking turnovers. And he said Ryan Anderson contract would be easy to move and teams will be lining up for that or he would take Kevin martin over Andre Igoudala and lots of other garbage LMAO

4. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

1. I really don't care. Been here forever but like to read more than post. However I stand by what I said and I think they are noticeable trends.

2. Don't care for how BMJ has attacked DD in the past. I thought it was excessive much like his constant (one) name dropping. Keep in mind that Id lump DD in as the third triplet ( with holic and BMJ) as far as quality but repetitive posters.

3. I enjoy Catastrophic theatre and my commentary about him being a poster has very little to do with that I would be proud as well.

Ill Leave it at that and go wait for Melo.

5. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Couldn't have said it better myself. Thank you.

rimrocker likes this.
  6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Wow

Glad to see Treeman back.

DD

7. basketballholic

Not really worthy of my response since you aren't a contributing member and you deluge us with negativity and sexual content that has nothing to do with the Rockets.

(And I realize that reads condescending but that's the way it is when you don't put your money in the pot but you think you have the right to get on the board and clutter it with trash, sexual content, and insults towards others. Because all those things read condescending to me and many others.)

But anyways, our front office has spent quite a lot of time this summer gauging trade and contract values of bigs.......including ace bigs. (You would consider Cousins and DJ ace bids, wouldn't you?) The question is why? I dunno altogether. But I do know if certain ace bigs were acquirable alongside a Melo transaction that w would make the deal.

And yes there has been multiple forays into possible trades to synergize the Melo trade. So much so that you shouldn't be surprised if the Melo trade is simultaneously executed as part of a bigger deal involving either Gordon or Capela or even both. Once again, I'm not saying it 100% will happen. I'm saying it has been investigated and is a possibility.We are not necessarily done with the acquisition of Melo.

Now take that and do your normal routine with it like you always do.

8. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I'm excited to be friends with Morey. Yes, true. I post about it here because this is where I post about the Rockets. It's way false that I do it in 1/3 of my posts. And I don't really think it qualifies as name-dropping when we're in a forum about the very guy and his team. In my line of work I know a lot of celebrities. Jim Parsons is one of my very closest friends as I've said here as well. I'm also friendly with Frank Black. I could go on. I have a pretty rad 25 year long career in theatre. I don't need to know famous people to feel good about myself and I surely don't look to my favorite Rockets site for affirmation. I get that in my career. And because of my career I happen to know some famous people. I'd never know Daryl but for rimrocker who saw that he was a theatre fan in a AMA and suggested I reach out which was how I got to know him. And getting to know Morey was something I was eager to share with the board. Of course it was. There is no one here that would act differently if they had the pleasure to know him. That doesn't make me special. The guy has a million friends.

D-rock, rimrocker, jch1911 and 2 others like this.
  9. basketballholic

Read my post history on DMo. I very clearly said he was an enigma and could go either way. But I did and do know he's a better talent than Terrence. All a member has to do is pull up the post history.

10. basketballholic

Don't think I've responded to him in a while now.

FEDEXROCKETS13 likes this.
  11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Nice quick edit! So treeman popped in again? He's done that before since his extended hiatus. Glad he still has an interest in the Rockets. Didn't see him and there's a reason for it. I put him on ignore for some comments he made about a topic I care about, but a topic that doesn't belong here. I used to be interested in the guy and wondered what happened to him, but no longer do. As far as I'm concerned, he isn't the same person. Such is life.

12. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

Clutch needs to create a "Work it out" thread. The quibbling back and forth can go there.

This thread seems to be derailed with in-fighting, not what Doc has tweeted. Can we get back to the thread topic?

13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

[​IMG]

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

You could replace the names "Melo", "Gordon", and "Capela" with literally any 3 other players in the NBA, and it would equate to pretty much every Holic post ever.

MorningZippo and justtxyank like this.
  15. basketballholic

I have absolutely no problem with your friendship with Daryl. And I actually wish you'd have more convos with him that you'd share here about the team. I actually really like you a lot, believe it or not. I enjoy must all of what you write.

Simply put, I knew other info that you didn't know at the time of the Terrence situation. I'm sorry you didn't know what I knew. And I'm sorry that comes across as condescending. But I don't know why it would be. There are members here who knew things I didn't know and when they told me and it made sense to me I believed them over some of the info I had already received. Wasn't a big deal. Wasn't personal.

It's basketball. Fake, dribble, pass, fake one way, cut back door, get the ball back and dunk. That's how you have to look at NBA front offices and the business side of basketball. They're playing a game just like the game on the court. No sense in letting Larry Bird talk you into chucking unless you're Dominique-dumb and can't help yourself.

16. ab0_bleedred

ab0_bleedred Member

How about we all just wait for real news....

17. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

You guys need to let the past go.

We don't need to talk about T Jones (liked him a LT before the weird nerve injury fwiw).. we need to be excited about the super team we will have inevitably.

18. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

[​IMG]

Deckard likes this.
  19. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

This thread got juicy. Seems like if a post questions the quality of a veteran poster, everyone jumps on a bandwagon, an outlet to voice their negative thoughts on other posters :)

thedreamsteam likes this.
  20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yeah, figured why bring up old laundry. Glad to see Treeman back, some of us have been here so long that things have changed, personalities, life experiences, tons....there are people I used to want to meet, now, there are those I would not care to ever meet.

Whatever!

DD

Deckard and xiki like this.