1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Doc Rocket Speaks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ivenovember, Nov 15, 2013.

1. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Huh? I need refund for that newsletter subscription!

I'm disappoint.

Batman Jones and ilovehtownbb like this.
  2. Nas

Nas Member

This seems like a pretty fun tidbit that probably doesn't have much relevance anymore. Would u want to share it?

3. treeman

treeman Member

I've been around long enough to remember Doc Rocket's heyday, when he obviously had real sources and his cryptic messages usually panned out. Back in the early days he and oelpierre or whatever his name was were the original insiders with juicy dirt. I don't know what's going on with him now or whether he's lost his connections, but he definitely had them at one point.

I don't ignore anything he says, and anyone calling him a complete fraud simply hasn't been here long enough to see that whatever he is now, he was legit back in the early days. And I suspect that if he had connections then he probably has some now, even if he's not as close to the action anymore. Pretty sure the dude still hears things.

4. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

This is such nonsense and you bring it up every time I freaking post. Should I bring up President Romney (you were SURE) or the situation that led to you being cf.net's resident fool with all the Yule C BS every time you post?

This is not what happened. Daryl and I talk about players because I have opinions about them and I ask for his. It's the same stuff he would say to any fan if he were asked. It's not inside info and neither is it a GM giving false info to a friend with the hope he'll share it. That's ridiculous and you are ridiculous. The thing Daryl told me about TJ was that his stats, considering his age, projected him to be a solid starter or third option years out from then. He didn't tell me he wasn't willing to trade him. If I said I thought he wouldn't be that would have been purely my opinion, not based on anything he said. You lie (a LOT) about being an insider but I never have because I've never claimed to be one.

D-rock, TheFreak, Yung-T and 10 others like this.
  5. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

The same guy that brings this up every time I post about anything thought D-Mo was a star. They were both players of great potential that never materialized. It's too funny for the board's biggest D-Mo lover to make fun of someone that liked TJ. They're basically the same player and their careers have gone in the same direction.

6. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Honestly bro, it's not worth your time to squibble over "INSIDER" status. The entire concept is so laughable and ridiculous that it makes me embarrassed for the people who actually care. Like you said earlier, you're a fan of the team. If you know information told to you in confidence, and then chose to disseminate that information and betray your friend, then you're a pretty shitty friend, AND a pretty shitty fan. It's honestly idiotic that this conversation is even taking place.

DonKnock, tmoney1101 and Batman Jones like this.
  7. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Agree with Treeman. Someone that posts a thousand times a day(like FTW) wasnt here when Doc was more relevant. Clutch has vouched for him before.

Batman and holic are the same. Good posters who have a tendency to be condescending. Holic will always insinuate that he knows more and BMJ wont go 3 posts without mentioning he is friends with Morey. Then they both rant about NOT being insiders.

This cycle goes on and on and is comforting.

ChumpCity and tmoney1101 like this.
  8. BoneYardDog

BoneYardDog Contributing Member

Where is the Friday thread, only reason to come he. Now I have to change my whole day.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  9. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

That guy died.

10. BoneYardDog

BoneYardDog Contributing Member

But nothing else here is worth reading, who care about how much Morey is going to make selling the team. Took all the fun right out of this site.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  11. basketballholic

He does. He lost some access when Dawson retired I believe it was. But he did leave here after being verified by Clutch because of the constant barrage of crap posts from the haters and the children who post childish rants here.

Hey, you can lose sources and access. I lost a direct link to Kevin Mchale when he got fired. I had a source that was with McHale several days each week, was his friend in the capacity he was serving in, heard McHale talk on his cell phone, and even asked McHale direct questions about the team. A lot of info I received I couldn't even post because it would've gotten McHale fired if his opinions, known internally by the front office, about our roster, became public. He was one funny, plain-spoken man that I liked on a personal level because he didn't beat around the bush. When he was let go I lost some access. He wasn't around blabbing to my buddy anymore.

Same thing happened in Minny. When they brought in Thibs and Milt Newton (KU) was cut loose, I lost some access there. A lot of access there actually. (That's how I knew our continued interest in trading for Rubio up until we acquired Harden. And even after we acquired Harden it's how I know we had a deal in place for Rubio until Harden nixed it. Came straight from a source who was around Newton all the time. Harden didn't want Rubio. Deal collapsed and was never revived. And yes, it tee'd me off too.)

Doc still hears things and knows things though, even though Dawson is gone, because he has other contacts/sources. It's too bad for this board that he got sick of dealing with the clowns. The difference between him and me in that area is I simply don't care. I don't even care if my words are twisted and turned into lies. Just don't care. People are going to believe what they want to believe regardless.

But it would be nice to have Doc back. Because there was more solid content in just one of his cryptic posts than there is in all the combined posts if a certain ring of posters here who clutter the board with trash, most of which isn't even basketball related.

12. basketballholic

You should be able to find it with search function. I think I commented something askingr the lines of Morey started that rumor. And it's been two or three years back.

13. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

That was an old school batman style beatdown that you put on holic. I like a lot of his posts but dont know why he name dropped me as a hater at like 7:30 in the morning lol.

At least we know that you are just friends with morey and don't front or claim to have breaking news like poundog or burt steele.

I don't think bbholic has any sources. Still wondering how we are getting an "ace big" and how we are "synergizing the deal" lol

14. basketballholic

My comment about the Paul George trade was that I wondered if Pritchard had somehow become a lot dumber than the guy I played pickup ball against when he was 20.

15. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

_holic, please don't put me in the same sentence with this Methrock dude. I have paid my dues, you know that.

16. basketballholic

Lol. Sorry batman. I knew this would sit you up even though I wasn't responding to one of your posts. I was simply using it as an example of how we can hear things from the insiders themselves (hi bigger insider than Morey) and we can be led to erroneous conclusions about what they told us, with a lot of that being intentionally done for their own benefit.

I didn't bring this up to jab you. And I left out the detail of the back and forth. Posters can look that up if they want to. I was simply illustrating a point. Lol

Peace bro.

17. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

From what I read, and what I heard from an Indy corporate friend, KP's hands may have been tied on this; he may have been following (Simon's?) directive?

KP has never been a dummy, to my knowledge. I'm trying to give the fellow the benefit of the (very) doubt(ful).

18. basketballholic

Ok. Won't do that no more. You are a contributing member. But please quit spraying graffiti over all of us. Would you stop that?

heypartner likes this.
  19. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Holic a good poster? You have got to be kidding to me.

Literally everything he says, the exact opposite is true. Its almost comical at this point how much **** constantly blows up in his face immediately after he says it. Honestly, it wouldn't be bad, if it were just his opinions, but when he puts on his insider costume and his "inside info" is immediatley disproven, he has to do backflips and backpedling to try and maintain his facade, making all his "positions" even more stupid. Its pathetic at this point.

DonKnock likes this.
  20. basketballholic

Me too. Agreed. I've always known KP to be highly intelligent, very highly intelligent.