1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ariza likely gone with Ryno

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by brewer's goat, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

and some of us us are not even armchair experts . . . just plain jane, run-of-the-mill archchair idiots.

Richie_Rich and Tha_Dude like this.
  2. rockets13champs

Harkless will be a Knick

3. riko

riko Member

That pick was from the nets in the Russell trade

4. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

If the rumor is true that the 3-team trade is "imminent ", then it's either Ariza is included, or we're getting one of POR's bad contracts, or both.

Remember the 4-team deal was stalled because no team is willing to take on Myers Leonard's contract without additional sweetener. Now it's back to 3 team. What changed? Something's gotta give.

Again, this is if the rumor is true. Otherwise it's everybody's guess...

5. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

The only reason it's hard to believe we'd move ariza is bc of his relationship w harden and cp3. He's certainly not untouchable from an on the court perspective. If harden and cp3 give it their blessing I wouldn't hesitate to ship him off for melo.

6. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Welcome, Myers Leonard. Warmly welcome. :)

7. Dash

Dash Member

Oh was it? My bad lol, even so he was a late first rounder and i rather take a chance on someone like that on a value contract rather than an expiring and declining Ariza

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, i don't want to be that guy, but we signed Tucker, Mbah, Troy...Harden and Gordon will probably play some minutes at the 3...i hope Trevor is not going anywhere but i wouldn't be shocked if he gets traded if that's required to complete the deal...even though i wonder if a couple of 2nd rounders and a young player wouldn't match his value at this point...

9. ilias

ilias Member

Among Capela, Ariza and Gordon, Ariza is the easiest one to replace within our existing roster. Capela or Gordon going would leave a gap that we can't fill in organically, and FA options (eg W Reed) have run out. If Anderson plus pick(s) is not enough for Melo, then including Ariza is the least bitter pill to swallow.

10. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

It's just a thread for Burt Steele updates. Chillax brocephus, we're all compadres in this hizzy.

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

uggh bieber sux :X

12. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I think the OP will end up being right, not that I like it, but the expiring contract would indicate it. I wouldn't even mind taking on Meyers Leonard, except that he has his last name confused for his first name.

Calebhardin9 and red5rocket like this.
  13. 1Deep

1Deep Member

Have we even heard from Woj or anyone else credible that the Knicks have re-engaged in trade talks with us?

14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

There is no Woj.

There is only Zuul.

15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Great post.

Seems like a warm front is finally pushing through to thaw this recent deep freeze.

Go long on Freon futures, because at long last...seems like things are really heating up.

seeingred likes this.
  16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Look- I've said it before and ill say it again. I believe if you want Melo, you should start preparing yourselve to lose a quality rotation piece in the deal. Just giving up Anderson alone in the deal probably won't happen. The Rockets have to be responsible for rewarding at least TWO teams in a Melo deal. Just think about that for a second.

I think this rumor is probably BS, but just mentally prepare yourself now for something else to go in the deal that isn't Ryno and a pick or two.

17. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think it's happening today

18. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

We need to trust the Potato on this one. There's something brewing and there might be a chance that it's imminent, has legs, but lots of ins and outs and everything like that. Mr. Steele was kind enough to sign off on it too, he even gave us a timeline which is something not even Woj has done before. I mean, holy balls!!!

Gonna set my alarm clock for 5pm, probably pass out for awhile. See you guys here in a few hours.

19. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

WHo cares about WOj or Shams?

Potato Head and Butrfy Steel have made them obsolete

Welcome to the new age

20. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

PJ and Mbah a Moute both have legit chances of taking that starting job from him. Depends on coach.