1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I Think LeBron Will Be Traded This Summer

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ghettocheeze, Jul 21, 2017.

1. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Where there's smoke, there's fire.

It should come as no surprise Kyrie Irving wants a trade after calling the Cavs' situation "peculiar" earlier in the week. The signs are clear LeBron is on his way out because Dan Gilbert won't pay for another championship.

The choice Cavs have to make is do they further alienate Irving -- who is still young and under contract until 2020 -- and have circus of a season ala Shaq-Kobe 2004? Or do they grant LeBron his wish and let him exit the stage gracefully, get some assets in return, and move on with Irving and Love?

My money's on LeBron getting traded. The signs are too obvious. This is a lost season for the Cavs if their superstars are both disgruntled and looking for an exit.

For all the naysayers, remember the 2010 ECF vs the Celtics where LeBron clocked out early because he was already looking ahead to South Beach? Well, that LeBron might show up for an entire season.

mdoggnic, jevjnd and TEXNIFICENT like this.
  2. BackdoorHarden

3. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Rookify this poster.

4. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

If this wasn't based on sources it really could have gone in the other threads.

5. BackdoorHarden

Well, since we're making up stuff out of our head and posting online, I am having sex with a beautiful woman tonight... anal too

rm365, AB423, Yung-T and 1 other person like this.
  6. photojoe

photojoe Member

Do you have any predictions for next week's lottery numbers?

7. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Not crazy at all. Irving is 25, LeBron is 32.
    The franchise normally chooses the younger guy in a power struggle. See Kobe and Shaq.

#7 TEXNIFICENT, Jul 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
    ghettocheeze likes this.
  8. Rokman

Rokman Member

LeBron leaving Cleveland? He better sell his house once and for all cause that dude will not be welcomed back.

What would we think if Hakeem walked out on us not once but twice? I wouldn't respect him. Same goes for Cleveland.

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

Hakeem was traded out he didn't walk out. He retired like one season after he got traded if he was already gonna retire why would he leave off his own will?

This thread is just pure speculation why the need to create a new one? The op jist feels he is special and his opinions deserve more attention than other posters.

10. Sephkane

Sephkane Member

1. "Imminent."

2. Didn't Dream want to play with Vince Carter like really bad? Isn't that why we traded him to Toronto?

11. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

This is obvious.

But he has a NTC, and every team risks losing him for this rental. But he immeadiately makes you a contender.

12. Rokman

Rokman Member

I don't consider his last year walking out on us. He wanted one last year and was at the very end of his career. Les didn't want to pay. That was a mutual agreement. If Hakeem had bounced in his prime and left us in the lottery then came back and led us to the promised Land then bounced again while still in his prime that dude would be hated.

I agree that it's speculation and I don't see Cleveland picking Irving over LeBron. That would be team suicide in my opinion.

13. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

Unless you have legit source, they will never trade lebron. They would rather play it out and wait and loose him for nothing than do this. A championship might change his mind and stay.

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

Uhh exactly? So why did you compare hakeem to lebron when Hakeem didn't walk out he was traded? I dont even understand hiw you can say it was a mutual decision Hakeem's only option was retire or get traded. That's like a robber telling a guy you have two options die or give me your wallet and then when he gets arrested he will say it was a mutual decision.

You specifically said "What if Hakeem walked out on us not once, but twice" but he didn't even walk out one time.

15. Rokman

Rokman Member

What I was saying, and was lost in translation was, what if Hakeem did to us what LeBron did to Cleveland but not just once but twice (in the hypothetical situation that he would do it now - a second time). We would not like Hakeem anymore than Cleveland fans would like LeBron. Look at the hate Durant got after walking out on OKC. If he burned them twice his reputation could never recover.

As far as Hakeem going to Toronto, my understanding was he wanted to play one more year and Les and CD were ready to move on with the Francis era and agreed to send him to another team so he could finish his career when he wanted. That can look like being forced out and in a way it is but thats not Hakeem saying F Houston I'm out. Thats what LeBron did and IF Hakeem had done that, even once, this would be a very divided forum on him.

See what I'm saying?

16. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

I just spoke with the same woman and she told me to let you know that she has to cancel because me and her already had plans, and because she's upset about Lebron getting traded.

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Not the first time this idea has come up. At least one sportswriter mentioned it last month.

The idea: If LeBron isn't traded, the Cavs will get nothing when he leaves next summer. Therefore, they should trade him now and get something in return.

Now that Kyrie wants to leave, they can completely start from scratch. It's really a bummer for the Cavs these wheels didn't start turning before the draft.

ghettocheeze likes this.
  18. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lebron didn't say F Cleveland I'm out if he wanted out why would he come back? He left because the roster and the team sucked balls, he was only decent guy on the roster even the coach doesn't know how to coach and the cavs didn't have a single good draft after they got him. The cavs were 100% dependent on Lebron and after he left they were so bad they got no 1 pick.

That's a different situation from Durant since OKC was a contender and just 1 game away from beating GSW, thats a far cry from Lebron Cavs getting swept by Spurs and having no chance against Celtics Big 3. Even worse Durant joined the team that beat him instead of creating a new team, and now he is even taking a discount to ensure GSW continues having an unfair advantage with underpriced superstars on the team.

19. Rocketman2000

Rocketman2000 Contributing Member

I hate this kind click bait!

20. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

OP is the real master baiter