1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

RIP Chester Bennington

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Snow Villiers, Jul 20, 2017.

1. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

What happened to you? I used to like you.

2. VanityHalfBlack

RIP Chester. Moestavern19, now is not the time bro.

CCity Zero likes this.
  3. VanityHalfBlack

And sold a **** load of albums in the process.

Obito likes this.
  4. VanityHalfBlack

That's what fuked me up. Had no idea.

5. VanityHalfBlack

Yep low key Linkin Park fan in a nutshell.

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

We get it...you don't like the band or chester, so why do you continue to make it about you? Obviously the best time too right, someone that was sexually abused as a child and has battled depression, substance abuse just hung himself. But please, lets hear about how Moes wants to look edgy on the internets.

I'm glad you got help for your problem, I just wish you would afford others the same kindness you were treated with in your thread. Pretty shameful really.

Mathloom, kevC, Yung-T and 8 others like this.
  7. the shark

the shark Member

Hey PRICK.....obviously you've never lost a loved one who took their own life. If you did you sure in the hell wouldn't be popping off with these childish and insensitive comments. You think it's funny? Six kids NO LONGER HAVE A FATHER!!!

His wife, family, friends and countless others are torn up and devastated trying to figure out why and beating themselves up wondering if there's something they could have done to stop this.

You keep making your jokes......but as far as I'm concerned you're a PATHETIC HUMAN BEING who's clueless!!!!

Yung-T and moestavern19 like this.
  8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I don't know anything about his personal life
    I thought his music was pretty decent to good
    f*ck it. . . I enjoyed it

I am sad that he felt this was the way to end his pain
    I am sad he had the pain to begin with

I hope he finds the peace that was evidently eluding him

Rocket River

9. the shark

the shark Member

And for those of you who "liked" moes PATHETIC comments you're just as PATHETIC!!!!

10. the shark

the shark Member

Seal I understand what you're saying about trying to comprehend how someone could actually take their own life. I can't speak for every person who's done this, but I can tell you a high percentage of them are in SO much pain and they start trying to medicate themselves and trying ANYTHING to numb the pain. They start mixing drugs and they get SO F'ed up they get to a point where they don't even know what they're doing.

I lost my SIL this way and she left behind five kids. It's HORRIBLE and the ripple effect and what it can do to the loved ones left behind is overwhelming.

It's just devastating and for someone to make a joke about it says EVERYTHING about that person (along with those that think it's funny).

Two Sandwiches and Yung-T like this.
  11. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Less than a month ago.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I did not know much about them until I seen this video
    I thought it was just a great video
    The animation was great . . Todd MacFarlane I think
    Being a comic book nerd it caught my eye

So I started looking at other videos and actually listening to the song
    Being Lyric Oriented I thought they did a good job of relating the themes and message they wanted

The integrate hip hop (In The End) had me side eyeing them at first but they were ok

This is not the most painful death of my life or nothing
    In fact I am just sad as I would be any person
    but
    I cannot understand some of the flippantness . . . .. I guess I can expect the same if a member of Nickleback dies
    If you don't like their music .. . then their death are comedy fodder, I guess . . . ..
    I must say it just. . . surprises me

Rocket River

Yung-T and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  13. Jontro

Jontro Member

never knew breh had a depression problem. you never know with musicians.. seems like all of them are depressed one way or another. i would think creating music and performing would be a good remedy, at least from my experience playing music. must be the substances that are so destructive.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  14. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

I can't help but think of Landlord Landry @ a time like this, in fact it's been almost 5yrs since he left us.

15. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

clearly that is moes faulty for light hearted jokes on a bbs. stop being the comedy police.

16. PatBev

PatBev Member

From one addict to another this is ****ing sad. I've had 2 of my roommates from rehab die of a suicide & overdose the past two weeks. There is nothing worse then seeing someone who has that unhappiness buried in their bones.

As my rehab therapist use to say, "addicts are normally the nicest and most genuine people, but pain and trauma are the required ingredients"

Linkin Parks music is kinda depressing and good for a joke but I don't think people realize how much they relate to people that are actually living in those dark places.

RIP to a dude who always wrote what he was feeling. I promise you his "chessy" songs saved many lives

#56 PatBev, Jul 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
  17. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I still think of him often. In fact that Spiritualized song came up on Spotify the other day and it nearly reduced me to tears. To this day I find it hard to listen to that song.

A man's pain is always his own. Suicide is painless, as the song goes.

Obviously LP resonated with millions of teens. Hybrid Theory was everywhere. I think every one of my friends was into it. I didnt hate it when I first heard It at 15 or so.

Depression is completely internalized. There are no body scars and disfigurations for anyone else to see and feel bad for you. It is nothing you can relate to anything. A feeling of complete bleakness. A living hell.

Ultimately suicide is a triumph in some ways. But you make those decisions. To hide your pain. To drink or shoot up. Whenever you decide to cash that ticket, its everyone else that gets to deal with the aftermath.

Nobody tells you how to really deal with it. Half the people tell you to see a doctor. The other half tell you to "man up". The doctors will listen to you for 5 seconds and then write you a prescription for something expensive that might solve 5% of the problem.

If you try hard enough you might some day stumble onto the right combination of drugs and therapy that helps you get through the bad days.

But If I ever decide to punch that card, dont feel bad for me. Feel bad for the people around me. I'm free. My problem is solved, their's is just beginning.

Two Sandwiches and PatBev like this.
  18. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

No kidding. Extremely hypocritical in this circumstance. ONE cheap jab, ok. But the continued going-in isnt just tacky, its worthy of removing respect of that person. Backfire trying to be roast guy here unfortunately. I know he's better than that

IMO the whole Universal Snark attitude (uh, "U.S.A") - and "music taste" superiority has long time been subtle supremacist, or outright snobby - Its as much a poison in society as anything,( more than "bad music"..)

Yung-T and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  19. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

One of my favorite bands in High School. Very shocking.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  20. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

Because let's face it; nobody really knows how to deal with it. IF they figure it out for themselves, their method won't work for the next person. And nobody really wants to listen to that ****. It might intrigue them the first time they hear it, but depression never leaves. It may hide a bit, but it comes back, and if you want to talk to someone about it a second time, plan for them getting uncomfortable and changing the subject. And who can blame them? And so you internalize.

And ya.....

Torn n Frayed and PatBev like this.