1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks committed to completing deal with rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 18, 2017.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Steph Curry can't have great defensive statistics, either (unless his team help defenders somehow elevate his stats). Nothing (much) against Steph Curry, but the media thinks he s***s Tiffany cufflinks.

jevjnd, DonKnock and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  2. onreego

onreego Member

I didn't have to read an article to know that. :p

My friend moved to Portland and went to his first Blazers game. Texted me about how he couldn't believe how bad Dame's defense is. Lol

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This is already pretty obvious just by watching the games overall but Harden has more "Vine-worthy" plays that circulate on Twitter.

4. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Him and kyrie are awful they make harden look all NBA defensive good.

Tom habostroh at espn talked about it during the season that kyrie was ranked like 444/448 on defense. Literally one of the 5 worst defenders in the entire league.

Caesar, DonKnock, hongxingli and 2 others like this.
  5. onreego

onreego Member

He wasn't vine worthy until someone made that video. Wasn't it a board member here?

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I don't know. Probably. Half of Clutchfans cries for Harden to be traded after every season so that'd make sense.

Richie_Rich, Reeko, Fullcourt and 4 others like this.
  7. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

If it actually was, they need to be permanently exiled from Rockets fandom.

8. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

i effed up when posting that, part of the post was from like a day ago and i didnt delete. my bad

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The difference between Harden and other guys is that Harden's bad defensive plays at least LOOK because of laziness and poor focus. It's like when Kyle Korver got roundly ridiculed for his defense, even though it was better than a lot of other players, because he was soft and shied away from contact. (Who can forget the infamous picture where he curls up to avoid being posterized) Clips of Harden just not paying attention and his guy going backdoor for a dunk or Harden watching the ball, turning too late and lazily throwing up an arm, etc. Those LOOK really bad. Other guys may be just as bad, but it might be because they are small and weak (Curry, Dame, etc.) or just too slow, etc. The perception on Harden is that he's a bad defender simply because he doesn't care or try hard enough.

10. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Thanks for the heads up about the article. I noticed that so many star players had lower DRPM. Such as Kyrie, Lillard, Derozan, Wiggins and a couple more.

11. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

I've seen him play quite a bit. He is atrocious. I especially loved his ole defense in that first quarter against the Warriors in the playoffs where they scored 50 points. Game was completely over two minutes into the game. He quit. To be fair he just reminds me of the guys who want to be stars and get paid on offense and don't really care about winning. Beta b****es. I have seen Harden play NBA defense. On our team he is always worn down and worn out. He starts off strong at the beginning of the season but you can quickly tell when he is mailing it in. I wanted CP3 to get a more efficient, less turnover prone, and complete Harden. Neither he or Melo are going to have excuses for not playing both ways. Good thing we have a guy on the roster who won't mind yelling at them on the court to remind them.

onreego likes this.
  12. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Because those players are exerting an inhuman amount of energy on offense.

It's not that complicated to anyone that's actually tried to play both sides of the ball hard af

13. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Tell that to everyone else who is castigating Harden.

DonKnock likes this.
  14. onreego

onreego Member

A lot of folks say this but I don't foresee much yelling between them. They're both high IQ guys that will likely talk through things, yes. With the exception of Deandre, what other examples have we seen?

CP3 will be critical of certain things for sure but I think Morey has put together a group of high IQ guys that will learn from each other respectfully.

luckyman76 likes this.
  15. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

If I play great defense and my opponent makes the shot there's no numbers that will support me playing great defense.

Kyrie nor Melo are bad defenders, at least not to the level guys make them out to be.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

don't think this can be said enough times

17. justtxyank

18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Once again...this is not supported by any rational metric.

justtxyank likes this.
  19. justtxyank

Melo's defensive issues are pretty obvious; he isn't athletic enough to guard modern NBA wing players. As a 4 I think he's fine defensively except against big, powerful guys but there aren't many of those. (or Durant).

Kyrie is just a bad defender. He's fast/athletic enough so no excuse.

Cash Cam likes this.
  20. brosef

brosef Member

A codman update would be nice about now.