1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks committed to completing deal with rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 18, 2017.

1. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Who will your boy Dwight Howard stop??? LMAO

2. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Who will stop the GOAT PnR coach with the TWO BEST PnR point GAWDS in the league???

gatsby, DonKnock, hongxingli and 3 others like this.
  3. bongman

bongman Member

Are we talking about worth or affordability. those are 2 mutually exclusive things.

4. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Interesting way to set expectations (ignore the photo, the video is decent):

#204 don grahamleone, Jul 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
  5. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

If we have to trade Gordon or Capela to get Melo then the trade isn't worth doing at all. We need all those guys together if we want to make GSW even consider us a threat. The thing that makes Anderson's contract so hard to move is that it's 3 more years. If it was 2 more years at 30M per it might even be easier to move than this. In 3 years a lot of these fringe teams might be looking to rebuild and that contract would really screw them over then.

6. Ranny

Ranny Member

Smacktle, Vivid, Plowman and 9 others like this.
  7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I looked up Isola on reddit to se if he's legit, Knicks fans trashed the ever loving hell out of his name, saying he has zero sources, throws **** at the wall all the time, and has been wrong a ridiculous amount of times.

So, maybe we shouldn't post him anymore? He's got less street cred then Potato Head.

don grahamleone and Pen15clubber like this.
  8. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

I don't want any new Woj/Sham tweets or articles about Melo. We done heard the same **** for about two weeks now.

touring_low likes this.
  9. don grahamleone

The thing about the GSW is that their best two players are clearly Durant and Curry, but with our best two being Harden and Paul, we clearly matchup there just fine. Draymond and Klay are their next two best players. If we somehow land Carmelo, I think Melo is a better player than Klay. So, I'll leave Draymond out for a bit because he's a tough cookie to crumble. With Zaza, West and McGee at the big spots, I think we're relatively okay with Clint Capela, Nene and Tarik Black. They have depth like Barnes, Casspi, Iguodala, Livingston, McCaw and Nick Young, but I haven't mentioned Ariza, Gordon, Mbah a Moute, PJ Tucker and potentially Cameron Oliver.

If we pick up Carmelo without giving up that core above, we're really close in talent level. I think the real issue is with Bzdelik and how the team comes together to play defense. We're going to have a defensive leader in Chris Paul, we'll still have one of the best defenders in the league in Ariza and Tucker, not to mention Mbah a Moute. This really may be a coaching battle. Who can break down who, who can keep their team healthy for the playoffs, who has a better plan for the other.

A seven game series may boil down to PnR vs the Triangle. Early offense vs working for an opening. If I'm Mike D'Antoni, I'm hiring a practice squad that practices and perfects the triangle for my squad to learn the ins and outs of stopping that offense. Really great squads that ran the triangle have been beat. The Lakers had Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Fox, Horace Grant, Karl Malone, Gary Payton, Bryon Russell and Luke Walton yet they got beat 4-1 by a Pistons team that just worked hard.

To me, we need a team of obsessive tape junkies and students of the game. The Warriors can be beat if you have talent to match up with them.

My biggest outsider curiosity is whether or not PJ Tucker can keep Draymond in check. They're both annoying defenders. I just don't know if PJ is crafty enough on offense to keep Green busy mentally so he can't cover 5 guys at once.

10. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I'm just not one to think the Warriors are unstoppable I mean let's not forget thier two best players have a long history of injuries and one roll of the ankle or one foot injury could change the shape of the league drastically... not hoping that happens but there is a reason Steph was so underpaid these last few years.

11. Hornets

Hornets Member

LMAO!

12. Hornets

Hornets Member

Better at what? lmao are you serious? Every GM in the NBA would take Klay over Melo including the Knicks.

13. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

It's Championship or bust!

bilaal14 and don grahamleone like this.
  14. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

If we can get Klay,I would love to dump cp3

15. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

He is definitely worth posting about. He's a regular on Around the Horn, and writes for a major outlet in the most prominent city in the US. That being said, I think John McClain is probably post worthy in other team's sites for similar reasons.

J_Hunter_1977 likes this.
  16. don grahamleone

Klay has NEVER been an alpha, Melo has. And that's the difference. They don't run Klay out there with Iguodala, West, Zaza, and McCaw and trust him to make the play. He's never proven to be anything but a system guy. DeAndre Jordan had a higher percentage of unassisted FGs last year than Klay. Dude is a straight up dependent child player. Mom (Steph) and Dad (KD) make him what he is.

17. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Ok? All these fans from other teams have been making accounts to inform us we are not as good as the Warriors. Ok? So why did you say y'all are going after Carmelo to pair with Dwight and Kemba? Because lord knows that squad won't even be able to get past the Wizards lol

Manos likes this.
  18. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

It depends on the team. I think Klay is more system dependent than Melo is. I will grant you that Melo is 33 and hasn't been a top player in the league for a very long time (I've personally never been a fan of his and I've stated why in numerous other threads), but he's still a player who can put up numbers for you regardless of who else is on the court with him.

I'm not sold on him being the "key to a championship formula" or any of that. But, he's better than Ryan Anderson and the Rockets would be improving the team so long as he can buy in and MDA doesn't have issues with it. I will give Melo some credit here as @KingCheetah has pointed out before, that Melo has had great success while playing on the Olympic teams and we've seen a different version of him there. If the Rockets get that version of Melo then he's certainly better than Klay Thompson would be for this team.

That said, if Melo doesn't end up in a Rockets uniform I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. I like the team we have and Morey has done a great job with it to this point, much better than I could hope for. I will always miss Patrick Beverley, though. But, you can't get a player like CP3 without giving up someone like Bev.

#218 Tha_Dude, Jul 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
    KingCheetah and JohnMac82 like this.
  19. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Because they are committed, they take all the time in the world.