1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Melo Deal starting all over according to Woj

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by khanhdum, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Eh, he seems like a pretty intelligent guy that understands this is all about business. But yea its probably not an ideal feeling.

2. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Instead of jumping to Gordon, I'd dangle Ariza first. Luc and PJ replace his production, whilst we have no legit backup guards at the moment (besides Gordon)

ilias and napalm06 like this.
  3. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

I was trying to see if ryno had any social media accounts but I couldn't find anything.

Anywho I think right now it's going to come down to, do we want Melo earlier and offer more to just get it over with, or are we going to hold our ground and only offer Anderson and possibly having it coming down to beginning of the season to get Melo. Do we value the time to integrate him in camp or do it through the season?

4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Melo is an all-star. If you can get him, you get him. That said, I would love to see our pace and space system with CP3 and all these defensive beasts we have added. Ryan Anderson would look AMAZING.

5. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

https://www.instagram.com/rjanderson33/

kubli9 and khanhdum like this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

doubt hes losing any sleep. haha

7. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

Friggin portland sabotaging the rockets in the clutch. Cuban probably called them cuz hes a b****. Convinced them to change their minds.

8. onreego

onreego Member

[​IMG]

Remlap and BigMaloe like this.
  9. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

looks like he isn't very active on social media lol

10. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

Portland has always been sabotaging us. I still remember the Brandon Roy draft night scenario and also the Rudy Fernandez one. Both times they stole those players away from us.

11. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

Portland will come back to their senses (Melo will make it clear to them - that he does not want to join them).
    Ryan Anderson is ACTUALLY a great fit for them, especially if they are getting rid of some unwanted contracts.
    they just need to get off their high horse and realize that melo does not want to join them.

12. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

HOU: Melo
    PHX: Anderson
    NYK: Knight, Taylor, all the NGs, andy picks necessary

The only reason nothing is happening right now is NYK wants to save face they don't want to look like they caved. I guess wait it out, the rest of our team is built pretty well.

It's amazing Portland guys think with Melo they are better than we would be with Melo or even in the same category. Without Melo last year our team ended up WAY better. Then we added CP3. But whatevs...

13. Rocket Addict

Rocket Addict Contributing Member

That makes sense ... if you can get GM Paul to sign off (since he is apparently close to Ariza) and get some young talent for him for NY. Obviously, would prefer to keep both.

BigShasta likes this.
  14. YOLO

YOLO Member

luc and pj do not shoot and space the floor nearly as well as ariza does. they are not nearly the same caliber shooters. theres a reason why ariza is a starting caliber wing while the others are not and even when they were put in those positions, they struggled

15. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

Getting paid $20M/year for his level of production seems like a pretty damn ideal feeling if you ask me.

16. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

You retriggered my Oilers PTSD with that video.

BHannes2BHonest and Plowman like this.
  17. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

But they're walking a very fine line... the longer they wait, the messier this thing will get. It makes much more sense to just bite the bullet now and generate some goodwill among Melo's people, other NYK players, etc. than to play hardball and piss a lot of people off in the process.

18. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Tucker and Ariza have pretty much the same 3 point percentage. Ariza shot way more though. Think that might just be form a difference in systems.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/t/tuckepj01.html
    https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/a/arizatr01.html

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

20. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

the difference in volume jsut has to do with systems. we chuck up tons of threes. I dont recall Ariza taking lots of contested threes last year. Tucker should be fine and hit at same clip.