1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Melo Deal starting all over according to Woj

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by khanhdum, Jul 17, 2017.

1. AkeemOlaDROwon

Not sure if anyone posted this. I really don't know if this is real or fake so I'm hesitant to share this link but I thought it was interesting. I absolutely do not know how genuine this is so I apologize if this is taboo to post. Please take this down if so. Redditor claim he works at UCLA and spoke to Melo. Said He saw Ariza and Lou Will also there.

No Chance, BigMaloe, Vivi and 4 others like this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

those are both awesome but this one is fantastic!

No Chill Rocket likes this.
  3. basketballholic

O lord.

BigMaloe, Drogba, Vivi and 2 others like this.
  4. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

playoff performance isn't really a worry for new york ;)

5. Bowlrips

Bowlrips Member

He actually played him at Point Forward which was why they were terrible unsuccessful. Toney Douglas was the starting point guard.

Then Lin showed up and Melo went to the 3 (he refused to play the 4 plus NY had Amare and Chandler) and Melo hated standing in the corner and watching Lin take over the offense

6. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

7. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

#imminent

8. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

wow- he has made it clear to the knicks he doesn't want to meet with them regarding joining the knicks (He wants to go to Houston)

DonKnock likes this.
  9. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

What in the world where is this from

10. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Do the right thing Perry!

roro12 likes this.
  11. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

1976 ALCS walkoff homer Yankee stadium

megastahr likes this.
  12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I know I'm sourcing someone who's sourcing Woj, and I'm not trying to troll the Blazers fans who have besmirched the board lately ;), but if I saw this, THEY saw this:

http://www.kgw.com/sports/nba/blaze...-not-considering-portland-right-now/457448196

Report: Carmelo Anthony not considering Portland right now

PORTLAND, Ore. -- New York Knicks star forward Carmelo Anthony is not considering waiving his no-trade clause to allow a trade to the Portland Trail Blazers, according to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

Wojnarowski, who broke the news Saturday that the Blazers were interested in trading for Anthony, spoke about the potential connection between Portland and the Knicks' 10-time All-Star on ESPN's The Jump on Monday.

LISTEN: Wojnarowski speaks about Anthony, Blazers (starts around 13:25)

"Portland's players are reaching out to Melo," Wojnarowski said. "Portland would love to get involved in this and become a team that Melo would consider. ... They would like for Carmelo to waive his no-trade and go to Portland, but right now, that's not something Melo's considering."

The Knicks' new leadership team, including team president Steve Mills and general manager Scott Perry, believe former team president Phil Jackson's treatment of Carmelo Anthony negatively impacted the trade market for Anthony. They paused trade talks late last week, but Wojnarowski said those talks will likely resume soon.

Anthony, who has said he would waive his no-trade clause for the Houston Rockets or Cleveland Cavaliers, is focused on Houston right now because of point guard Chris Paul.

Despite Anthony's preference to join the Rockets, the Blazers remain committed to pursuing Anthony, Wojnarowski said.

"You look at the infrastructure in Portland of CJ McCollum, Dame Lillard and Jusuf Nurkic in the middle, [and] Carmelo on that team in Portland? Portland feels like, 'You plug Melo into our team, we're as good as anyone outside of Golden State in the West.' "

Wojnarowski reiterated his earlier report that the Blazers are uninterested in helping the Rockets acquire Anthony.

"Sources tell me New York and Houston tried to pull Portland into a three-way, potentially a four-way deal," he said. "Portland does not have any interest in helping Houston, a conference rival, get Carmelo Anthony."

13. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Crazy ass Yankees fans knew they were going to win so charged the field. That's mr October, Reggie Jackson, running from those fools.

14. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Let's just negotiate with Detroit and Phoenix, hell maybe even throw Milwaukee in the mix... don't they need more shooting for their alphabet phenom?

Greg Monroe isn't the best fit for Giannis, so he could be a candidate for NY with his expiring deal... J/S

15. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

It wasn't a walkoff and it was 1977 World Series. Reggie Jackson was actually playing in the field and wore a helmet due to fans throwing stuff. Reggie must have been pretty scared. This was after the last out (a pop up to the pitcher) of the game and obviously the Yankees won but players had no idea what some of those hippies might do.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  16. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

In the 4th quarter ill bet you go jake the snake on em

17. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Don't even need Phoenix or Milwaukee to get involved
    HOU: Melo (NYK)
    DET: Ryno (HOU) + Courtney Lee (NYK) + Kyle O'Quinn (NYK)
    NYK: Harris (DET) + Reggie Jackson (DET) + HOU expirings + 2020 1st from Htown (lotto protected)

Everybody wins. Done deal.

Manos likes this.
  18. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

This 4 team deal works... with one of the teams spotting up some protected first rounders to Milwaukee I could see benefiting all squads involved.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ycn59xpl

Suns incoming: J. Henson, K O'Quinn, T. Quarterman, S. Long, 1st round pick from Milwaukee lottery protected, 2nd round pick from Rockets unprotected

Bucks incoming: Ryan Anderson

Knicks incoming: Greg Monroe, Eric Bledsoe

Rockets incoming: Carmelo Anthony

19. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

I like the idea of the Knicks going after someone like Harris. He doesn't ever really fit wherever he goes but maybe New York will think they can make him fit. He is a good player but I think Anderson would be a better fit for the Pistons next to Drummond. You could make it work pretty easily with just Harris going to NY, Anderson to DET, and Melo to HOU. Add a couple of expirings and maybe some picks (maybe HOU 1st to DET?). Anderson + a 1st seems like a good return for Harris which the Pistons are reportedly shopping anyways.

20. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

nope