1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks, Rockets working on Carmelo Anthony trade scenarios

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 12, 2017.

1. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I hope you're Scott Perry.

RyanB and justtxyank like this.
  2. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

It's so hard to listen to these guys. They don't seem to know anything at all about the situation.

3. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

He's 25 years old, a former lottery pick, and is literally one year removed from a quality season (8.4 points, 5.1 rebounds, 38% on 3s in 22 minutes). He's not good, but it's not the worst contract in the NBA. Per @ch44 yesterday, it sounded like several 4th teams had stepped forward... but we need a new update :D

justtxyank likes this.
  4. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Neither does anyone else. That's what makes this so funny.

apollo33 and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  5. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

ok I see he didn't get many mins had ONE real bad season.. interesting to see what happens going forward.

he can shoot the 3, and plays hard maybe needs change of scenery

6. Bowlrips

Bowlrips Member

It's been assumed that a 2020 Pick is going out from the Rockets.. Is it going to Portland? Is it going to New York?
    If its going to New York we need to give them the ultimatum that either they take Myers Leonard or they lose that 2020 pick.. Im sure someone would take Leonard for that draft pick

7. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

He dunks off pick and rolls and shoots threes...

Morey should be all over this.

Huh..,

8. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

How dare you. Thats blasphemous. Potato Head is omniscient

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i said reasonable. obviously nothing posted here has been reasonable otherwise melo would be at the rally tomorrow

really? what is the breakdown there... 4% they want him and 96% they want to dump their own trash contracts? :D

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

We can't take his salary back because of the hard cap.

11. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Potato head is a troll account setup by Dmo.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  12. dje243

dje243 Member

As bad as Ryno's contract is, we had to do it to keep him from Sac. He contributed in a significant way to the system that produced a great record and remade Houston's image as a place players want to be. It was an overpay to be sure but I would argue it's possible that if you don't have Ryno, your spacing is worse, and you don't ultimately have a shot with players like CP3 and Melo anyway. We've gotten spoiled by deals like Bev, Ariza, Nene etc so we come to expect that Morey will never overpay or agree to a "bad contract". As hard as it is to make everything work for Melo I still think that it was a worthwhile move. If Morey gets this done and only surrenders Anderson and a couple of picks in expected contention years there should be plenty of crow to go around.

13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

if he's so not completely terrible then nyk would just take him themselves

14. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

I was joking.

15. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

There are lots of shades of gray in this. Not like he's either worth taking or the worst player ever. He can be not-completely-terrible and yet NYK can still think (as they probably should) that cap room is more important to them in their situation.

The $30M is manageable, and that's all that matters. The $60M is just a non-starter.

16. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

At this point if I'm Morley I tell NY to tuck it and **** themselves.

As much as I want to get rid of Ryno, I do think he'd fix his home shooting issues and playoff shooting with both Harden and Paul initiating offense.

Plus it'd give the youngsters an opportunity to steal some of his minutes.

Since NY is being difficult with a player they clearly don't want and who Cleveland seems to be out on let them figure it out.

Seriously Morey, tell them to **** off.

17. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

tbw914 likes this.
  18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

what is black and white is that no team out there is touching that contract. i'd welcome just one scenario where leonard lands up in a workable trade...

19. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

How do people that cover sports not understand Melo's no trade clause dimishes his value to the extent that trading him for Ryan Anderson straight up is worth it to the Knicks to create 10 million in cap space this season....... It would cost them more Money to buy him out than trade him outright to the Rockets.

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

I thought everyone already knew this? It was obvious that we had found a team willing to take Ryno, we just needed to find another team that was willing/able to take some of what that 3rd team is giving up in return.