1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks, Rockets working on Carmelo Anthony trade scenarios

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 12, 2017.

1. blackistan

blackistan Member

I have a strong feeling this will not go through after hearing all this talk for what seems like forever...I hope I'm wrong but I just don't see a scenario where we don't have to give up EG and I'd rather keep him than get Melo

bilaal14, jevjnd and Pen15clubber like this.
  2. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

This. The Knicks want this over and done with. If the Rockets were willing to give up that kind of value, this deal is done two weeks ago.

Deuce, YallMean, DonKnock and 5 others like this.
  3. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

I don't like the sound of a four-team trade since I'm guessing we have to give up Gordon or Ariza. Melo is obviously a superior player to either, but to lose nearly all continuity from last season could be damaging. At some point, I'd rather stand pat and see how the team plays before giving up more huge parts of the nucleus.

bilaal14 likes this.
  4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Yahoo Woj didn't. ESPN Woj does.

DonKnock and BigMaloe like this.
  5. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Some people on Reddit convinced Minnesota is involved since they have a hard on for Ryno according to their cods and cybers.

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

7. Kendrick Lamar

Kendrick Lamar Contributing Member

this move will be a huge disappointment if trev/gordon/clint get moved...

Y2JT, Reeko and Pen15clubber like this.
  8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

All because of some myth that they will attract superstars to play for their crappy franchise tbh.

If you think about it, Ryno is not a bad contract for them, next year for them is MOOT and Irrelevant, so they are getting him on a 2 year deal and the contract becomes easier to trade the nearer it gets to be expiring. In fact, then it becomes an asset as an expiring contract.

But the Knicks think they are going to fool more superstar players to come play for them when superstar players are trying to get off the team...

9. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

4 teams chipping in to make this trade happen? Yeah Rockets will be lucky if they have to give up all their picks and just Anderson...But if it's truly 4 teams, then Rockets will be parting with a lot more than just those things.unless Rockets taking on salary dumps as well, which could add depth.

lionaire likes this.
  10. mario_v

mario_v Member

Or maybe you just overrate ariza. When was the last time shut anyone down defensively?

Rockets wouldn't lose a step with pj Tucker inserted into the starting lineup.

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

At least the Cavs are out

Fantasma Negro and Bobbythegreat like this.
  12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

13. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

I love Gordon but you do know in his 5 seasons with the Pelicans he averaged 44 games a season and I hope the Rockets don't see any of that next season.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Which means they are in the drivers seat. They know they can get Melo after a buyout.

That's why I think Morey hasn't signed anyone else. He is probably willing to take on some dump but only if it's for a player that could add depth. Funny how Cleveland could help facilitate this trade with maybe Shumpert.

bilaal14 likes this.
  15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Of course. and that is what I fear will happen in some combination. The desperation of Les and Morey has no end to it.

Kendrick Lamar likes this.
  16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

He has a relationship with Tucker, and Melo. He is a man of many relationships.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  17. T for 3

T for 3 Member

That's my point though. I agree that is why the deal is getting held up. I don't see whatever team just caving and saying "ok, nevermind on Ariza Ego." I don't think Morey is willing now, but he might become willing as time goes on. Morey may not cave either, but we agree on the sticking point.

18. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

I'm starting to feel like this might not go through. The longer it goes on the less likely it's going to happen.

saleem likes this.
  19. YOLO

YOLO Member

oh here goes the answer to everything. if you don't think someone sucks its automatically they're overrated. :rolleyes:

people and their ideology on what defense is around here. hilarious

20. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Be patient, be patient. (I know, you're yelling, "Shut up!")
    Two's company, three's a party, right? That way, you can invite more friends, or perhaps, the friends you want to see.
    Cavs are trying to spoil.
    Is anything ever "imminent" with the Rockets?
    Love ya'll.

-Cod

PS: Who is this manbaby/potato head referenced? I shall never reveal my face...Lord knows what you fools would say. ;)