1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj - Rockets trying to complete deal for Melo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ItsMyFault, Jul 8, 2017.

1. malakas

malakas Member

everyone in clutchfans is an insider, a stalker or a pervert nowadays.

Fullcourt likes this.
  2. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

We need the season to start. I miss don knock heroics in the game threads lol

DonKnock likes this.
  3. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

Wait. Wait. Wait.

The hold up is finding someone to take on Meyers Leonard and send a pick or player to New York.

We're in for a ride gents

4. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

or - - all three.

malakas likes this.
  5. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Sometimes we are more than one

Richie_Rich and malakas like this.
  6. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I don't think you watched very many games this year as opposed to the Dwight years. If you're talking Dwight years, then yes, the lane was clogged and the fit was extremely bad because for some reason he refused to go full pick and roll offense with James Harden and wanted to receive his touches in the paint.

If you're talking Capela year, then no, the paint is completely free for our perimeter players to penetrate and either get a basket in the paint via the lob/drop-off to Capela or the layup/dunk by (typically last year) Harden. Capela receives very few touches outside of 5' from the basket. That's actually the play (PnR) that helped Harden become the efficient MVP caliber player that he was last season.

You're confusing the two and Ryan brings no versatility on defense or offense sans his 3 point shooting as a stretch floor. That's it.

7. Vivi

Vivi Member

Do you know if our future 1st is involved here?

8. malakas

malakas Member

LOL don't let reality get in the way of sauces.

An asset for Leonard..!!:D

justtxyank likes this.
  9. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Don't know if @ch44 is an insider, but he was 100% correct about the (not) $11 mil TPE.

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yep, i don't see it...but you never know, there's still Forman lol

11. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

And you're going for the Trifecta, I take it?? :):eek:;)

kwakmeister and malakas like this.
  12. Spooner

Spooner Member

Not what I'm saying. To me he's like Will Fuller V for the Texans. He's there to take pressure off Hopkins, and open up the field. Yet, he's come up short as we all know many times in his young career especially when it counts the most. Ryno is similar. The only difference is he gets paid a lot for a service that isn't that hard to find in the NBA especially when he can't even hit shots consistently when the pressure is on. Hate to say it, but I'd honestly rather have Marvin Williams and not just because of the enormous salary difference

13. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

If this ace big is Demarcus Cousins then OMG it's over for GSW if we somehow make that happen.

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

He also said that the Spurs were looking around to see what was Green value before it was reported by the media.

And he said Trevor Booker was gone before the draft. This didn't happen then, but he had literally no reason to speak about Booker since nobody cares, probably he was really out in some deal but then the trade with the Lakers happened.

15. koby1868

koby1868 Member

Why do you ask?

16. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I don't think you know what I am talking about. When Harden runs a PnR with Capela, where does Capela go? He rolls towards the rim. Why? Because he has no Pop ability. He is not able to stay where he was or step back and hit a shot. Now imagine if we didn't have Ryno and we went with another big. Last offseason, I do not recall a single big available to us that could pop out for us after setting a screen. This means that THAT big would also be in the paint and clog it up further for both Harden and our perimeter players to try and slash. When Harden runs a pick play with Anderson, Anderson steps out to force the defender out. Capela moves to the other side of the paint if Harden drives in to force HIS defender to either follow or help cover Harden (that sets up the alley oop). We cannot do that without a stretch 4.

I am not confusing the two. While versatility is nice to have, superior shooting is what we most need to pair up with Harden. His shooting is not just to stretch the floor. It also affects the D in that it helps anchor the other team's PF.

zigzag likes this.
  17. malakas

malakas Member

nah..they have Mirotic and the finnish Porzingis.

Not even the most braindead of braindead would trade for Leonard without compensation let alone give up an asset.
    That post was the same as saying "oh we are almost there, just need to find someone to take advantage of giving him trash and getting back diamonds"

Vivi likes this.
  18. GottaHaveHeart

19. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah i agree, i was just making fun of Forman lol

20. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Felt like I've followed along for two weeks now pretty easily, but why is Cousin's name being tossed around?