1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets bargain hunting now

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 3, 2017.

1. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I doubt Morey wants to trade another 1st and risk future flexibility that severely. And to acquire crowder you absolutely need a 1st.

I think Avery makes sense on our continued defense and tenacity mantra. He could possibly be had for the Memphis 2nd and the NGs.

Having Avery would be great to put next to harden when cp3 rests.

Also imagine this defensive lineup

Cp3
    Avery
    Tucker
    Ariza
    Capela

Yikes.

2. PatBev

PatBev Member

Idk I know Morey has been dying for a big 3 and our time is now. Les also seems like he's pushing for a all in situation to win now

Hakeemtheking, HTX Ninja and D-rock like this.
  3. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I agree with you on Avery and his impact. Very good defensive player who can hit the 3 ball too. In fact we could go small with CP3, Bradley, Harden, Ariza and Capela and still have a deadly offense.

However, Avery is about to get paid and get paid pretty big. Not sure Rockets can give him what he wants in terms of $ so it could be a case of one and done.

BigMaloe likes this.
  4. Why not?

Why not? Member

I agree, that's why the 1st for Crowder seems like a reasonable move to me!

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9xktq65

Is Taylor NG as well? I know we can't move Uthoff for a while...

D-rock likes this.
  5. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Yeah exactly, which would let the price into our possible ball park.

If you could get 1 do year of Avery for the mem2nd then hey, that's a good bet.

But IDK if Morey is offering up his very limited assets at this point because he likely need them all for a potential melo.

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Switch Avery with Crowder and I'm actually more impressed.

7. Fawkward

Fawkward Member

That's a shutdown unit. I'd hate to go up against that monster lineup

BigMaloe likes this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

If only Nerlens Noel were truly available. Don't see how Rockets can get a 3rd star without packaging Capela. But of the guys realistically attainable, James Johnson is the stretch 4 this team needs. Facilitator, switch defender, rebounder, shot blocker (7-1 wingspan) and 3 point shooter.

Why not? likes this.
  9. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

...everybody talking about which Celtic they want but you guys are missing the most important point - what do we possibly have to offer for any of those guys? The best we can offer is a ton of non guaranteed contracts but I'm sure the Celtics are also looking to pick up young talent and/or picks and I'm sure Capela is not on the table for a trade.
    Maybe they are in a bind because they desperately have to shed room for Gordon, but you gotta think virtually every team in the league could use a Crowder/Bradley type player so Houston is just one of many teams who are likely making offers for those guys and seeing as how our draft picks are minimal, it would seem like we would be outbid fairly easily.

...that being said, if Morey can manage to bring in either Crowder(my preference) or Bradley, it would make us a super tough team. I haven't said that about a Houston team since Otis Thorpe left, but Paul, Bradley or Crowder, Ariza, Tucker, and Capela make for a super tough team - maybe even a top 10 defense as shocking as that sounds.

10. Why not?

Why not? Member

EXACTLY! We are gonna get our points regardless of if we can add Melo or not. Making this team a top 10 defensive squad puts us into legit contender status.

11. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Also could get ugly. Hes not a bad locker room guy (hes prolly a good one) but he could turn into a bad locker room guy if we get him because he would come off the bench for us. He wants to be a starter in a contract year to up his resume and get paid. He would not be happy...

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

The Jazz are looking to acquire a combination of the above mentioned players for Hayward. I doubt if Morey could have gotten anything more than Smart. No chance at Crowder or Bradley unfortunately.

13. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

and a 2nd degree black belt to deal with Draymond Green.

Pen15clubber and D-rock like this.
  14. malakas

malakas Member

we aren't getting any of the Boston players unless we pony up 1st rounders or Capella. Forget it.

That guy Shabbaz has dissappeared into the ether ever since they renounced him. Wouldn't mind giving him a 1 year vet min, prove your value contract.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

https://www.thedreamshake.com/2017/7/6/15923594/rockets-nba-free-agency-possible-moves

DrNuegebauer and bmo like this.
  16. bmo

bmo Member

17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Thabo Sefolosha for the vet minimum.

zcarenow likes this.
  18. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

what is latest on crowder, bradley, and smart? ainge has to make a deal by tonight in order to sign Hayward right? I

19. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Rudy Gay to Spurs for half of what he made last year o_O

20. malakas

malakas Member

Vivi likes this.