1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Edgar Wright's "Baby Driver"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RocketWalta, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Buck Turgidson

No.

KingCheetah, RocketWalta and J Sizzle like this.
  2. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

It was a great movie. I liked it. Just some points in the movie can be head scratching, like parts when the main character is shot at and is able to dodge like a superhero.

3. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, I haven't seen this yet.. But Heat has one of the greatest shootout scenes ever.

4. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Heat has one of the greatest shootout AND car chase scenes ever. Top 2 in both categories imo.

CCity Zero likes this.
  5. Buck Turgidson

The correct answer is The Wild Bunch, Heat....................then everything else.

6. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Saw this on Friday night. So good. It's Edgar Wright, so you know what you're getting... it's funny, action packed, snappy dialogue and unique cuts/transitions. Is it perfect? No, but the re-watchability is going to be through roof...

7. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

8. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

You're comparing apples to orange emojis. Just polar opposite film making styles.

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I hope this is a sign that the heist movie is coming back.

10. RocketWalta

RocketWalta Member

Saw this a couple of days ago. It was worth the price of admission but it was a little thin. Maybe I expected too much. The early car chase scene was crafted beautifully and Lily James is a vision of unfathomable charm but that's all that stood out to me. Kept my attention throughout so that's more than I can say of most summer offerings. B+. I also enjoy listening to music so I had fun. You will too!

I'm going to go ahead and compare Edgar Wright to another favorite director of mine, Danny Boyle. They both have a kinetic style, even their more mediocre showings display their considerable talents as filmmakers, and they both caught lightning in a bottle earlier in their careers. Looks like the box office is being kind to this movie as well so good for Mr. Wright. He deserves it.

eric.81 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  11. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Overall, it was a good movie. The first half was better than the second half and I thought the Jamie Foxx character was a negative for the movie.

12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Saw the trailer and a WRX drifting like it's a rwd sports car and was slightly put off by it. Is it worthwhile for a car nut?

13. MystikArkitect

It's not Fast or Furious if that's what your asking. I liked that they didn't try to draw attention to the cars or product place anything. Everyone was solid and I'll probably watch it again.

14. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

can't compare every player to mj.

15. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Its official. I will not be seeing this movie. Once Bourdain does not approve, I do not approve.

16. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

I thought this movie was great. I loved how basically the whole movie revolved around the music. The scene when he's getting coffee for the first time, being totally uncut as far as I can tell, having the background go with the lyrics of the song was great. I did think it was a little drawn out with the ending resolution, but overall it was so refreshing to see a movie that is not an existing book, story, reboot, superhero movie, which I enjoy, but it's just so nice to get something a little new.

fba34 likes this.
  17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

**** ANTHONY BOURDAIN

18. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

But did you tweet it though?

19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

No...

:(

20. Juxtaposed Jolt

The movie was freakin' excellent. Wright actually incorporated the soundtracks' nuances into the cinematography itself, which was fun to watch. I think a 97% is sliiiiightly high, but it's a movie I wanna rewatch.

Apparently, Sony wants Wright to do Baby Driver 2; I'm not sure it's such a good idea, since this one was a masterpiece. And Spacey's character is dead / Baby's "debt" is paid up, so what would be the plot for a sequel?

A chef has a negative review of a movie? Waiting for Edgar Wright to "thumbs down" Bourdain's latest book lmao.