1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[ESPN] Carmelo Anthony to sign with Rockets if buyout reached

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RKREBORN, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Premium post. Seriously. This is exactly what I was preaching in the other Melo thread

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  2. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Absolutely

3. aroundtheblock2

I keep seeing people offer up Ariza in this thread....I thought he was a crucial piece for CP3? Seems like he's untradeable at this juncture.

justtxyank likes this.
  4. MystikArkitect

That and a CP3/Gordon/Tucker/Ariza/Capela lineup would be deadly both on offense and a blanket on defense.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  5. Rox#1

Rox#1 Member

If we somehow can get Melo, next yr free agency will be more interesting than this years. Lebron (last few yrs of his career) can leave the Cavs once again and join his buds of Melo and Paul, and Harden....Also, even though Dwade is old, he may come as well. The players have talked about taking a pay cut if they can play on the same team. Wishful thinking but it is in the cards. In Morey we Trust!

6. rockets13champs

Morey won't trade for Melo he will wait till Knicks buy him out

7. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Rockets reasoning: Obvious.

Knicks reasoning: Waive contracts for Diaw and Kelly (both non-guaranteed), essentially making it a swap of Melo's $54MM / 2-year contract for Joe Johnson's expiring $10.5MM. Saves them $16MM this year and $28MM next year. I'm sure they they'd prefer a prospect, but with only us and Cleveland in the mix, their options are limited. Perhaps the addition of a pick would convince them to take this salary dump and finally wash their hands of the situation.

Jazz reasoning: IF they re-sign Hayward (and possibly Hill), it would signal that they are committed to going all-in with their current core. Given that it's Utah, they'll likely need to lean on trade rather than holding out for next year's free agent bonanza if they want to add talent. While very deep at guard and wing positions, the front court is alarmingly thin. Besides Rudy Gobert, Derrick Favors is their only rotation player over 6'8" currently under contract, and his range does not extend beyond the three point line. That's where Ryan Anderson comes in. On a team where you can expect a ton of Rudy Gobert high PnR, being able to park Anderson on the perimeter would be a godsend for their spacing; in return, Gobert can mask some of Anderson's shortcomings on the defensive end. Thinking more long-term, Anderson gives them insurance / flexibility when approaching Favors' free agency next summer. Oh, and he's just about the whitest guy in the NBA - that can't hurt.

8. goldoil

goldoil Member

Every day someone says, the Rockets are looking at this player and that player and that player gets signed to another team.

And in case if you have noticed, we need to beef up our front court and not just our backcourt if we want to be competitive against Goldenstate and the Spurs.

I like Chris Paul but we still need to improve our team.

Surely you don't think our team is championship material right now, do you?

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

10. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Outside of Cavs and GSW, there is not a team that is "championship material" right now. In fact, I can argue that we are the closest.

11. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

No it's not championship level but Morey is not done. I believe Morey will land Melo before the month is over and we will be a force in the West.

12. goldoil

goldoil Member

I'm not talking about how other teams are not championship material.

I'm talking about the ROCKETS.

Being "closest" isn't good enough.

Being "closest" is going to get our a**** handed to us in the playoffs just like this past year.

You guys in this forum are some of the most empty headed, delusional pricks I have encountered in a long time.

Many of you will wonder four years from now why the Rockets still haven't won a championship.

This front office will fail you guys again and again.

13. OTMax

OTMax Member

Really hope he goes to Cleveland, gives that maybe a chance to be relevant

14. goldoil

goldoil Member

I sure hope so.

15. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

OK smart guy... what could Morey have done this offseason to jump GSW? Let's have it.

16. goldoil

goldoil Member

I would have kept Patrick(emotional leader and heart soul of the Rockets defense) and added another backup point guard.

Then sign Griffin, because our front court needs help.

I know that Griffin gets a lot of hate on this forum but I like him.

Then found another center.

Or, since you already have CP3, just add Griffin, since they both have played together a lot.

17. baubo

baubo Member

You should just become a Warriors fan. Clearly no team that doesn't look like they will steamroll to a championship is a failure to you. I will tell you now you will be miserable for basically the rest of your life unless you bandwagon the hottest team every year.

You are welcome for this free advice

18. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Well can't wait to see this lineup...

Paul
    Gordon
    Harden
    Anderson
    Nene

19. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Now that this is over with how bout them Astros?

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Griffin would be a terrible fit for the Rockets because he can't shoot and they couldn't have put together the kind of money he was looking to chase.