1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Carmelo Anthony open to waiving no-trade clause for Rockets or Cavaliers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 3, 2017.

1. aroundtheblock2

Ariza isn't going anywhere. He was a big part of why CP3 was cool coming to HOU. Apparently CP3 had lobbied to sign Ariza during his time with the Clippers. Ariza will not be traded.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  2. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Cap space relief... It has been widely published that is what covet going forward. Melo wants out.... NYC wants him out..... easy....... just need a third team for Anderson. Which is almost impossible

3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Agreed. Of the rotation guys from last year, not named Harden, Capela and Gordon are the only one's that should not be dealt. I think Ariza's skill-set serves a purpose defensively, but his offensive inconsistency is such that i think he's replaceable. I can't speak to whether or not it's a good idea to piss off chris paul by trading away his good friend that helped recruit him to houston, but from the standpoint of improving the team, Ariza is the only guy left from last year (other than Ryno) i could live with dealing. I don't mind playing Harden-Gordon-Paul at the same time for stretches.

Easy likes this.
  4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Anderson's contract is a burden and will be to whomever he plays for. His fair market value might be around 3 years, $50 million on the Rockets. But the Rockets are a team built to have a guy like him; not every team is. I don't think many teams would value him as much as we would.

If "Phoenix, Sacramento or Minnesota definitely would have overpaid to add him to their roster" then I have to wonder why they aren't getting in on our attempt to dump him. Seems like the deal would have been done by now if it could have been.

5. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Probably because Millsap and Ibaka were still available. Now that they are gone, we might get more interest.

kwakmeister and DonKnock like this.
  6. OTMax

OTMax Member

Tucker to replace Ariza?? Hahahaha some of you guys are morons

itzIce, cbass and lionaire like this.
  7. caneks

caneks Rookie

40.3% 3pt FG for the season.

8. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Yet the Rockets still having trouble moving him.

Maybe the Rockets and the rest of the league don't care much about his percentages.

BigggReddd likes this.
  9. chenjy9

Supporting Member

I wouldn't say that we have trouble moving him, just that it's not worth the cost to do so. Don't be so impatient though. The season hasn't even started and we have a long, long time before the trade deadline. Besides, it is not like this offseason has gone the way anyone anticipated outside of Lowry, Ibaka, and Iggy resigning. I mean seriously, who would expect Reddick to go to Sixers for $23M, PG13 to OKC, Butler to Wolves, and Millsap to the Nuggets.

10. AkeemOlaDROwon

I think Morey will be patient and keep Anderson as the starting PF. He'll wait for the possibility of Ryno to raise his value then try again. Morey knows Anderson can be much better than the player he was last season and may wait for Ryno to show that.

11. conquistador#11

I just realized La La plays lakeisha in the show "Power". No wonder she looked familiar.
    Ok carry on with the melo dreams. I'd rather have la la, she is less of a diva.

12. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

33.2% home
    46.7% road

28.3% in the playoffs.

BigggReddd, sammy, Reeko and 3 others like this.
  13. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Not sure what you're talking about.

All I'm referring to is reports that morey has tried to move him without any takers.

BigggReddd likes this.
  14. chenjy9

Supporting Member

I am simply saying to give it time and eventually his contract will become desirable. There are no suitable takers today, that's fine. We have sufficient time to move him if we really want to. Unless he completely bombs this year, then that would suck.

15. JD88

JD88 Member

You can make a highlight video of anyone doing anything.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  16. J.R.

J.R. Member

aka no one wants Ryan Anderson.

Easy likes this.
  17. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I don't keep up with reality tv or wtv she is on but lala is fine

Snow Villiers likes this.
  18. OTMax

OTMax Member

Awesome!!!

19. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

She is stacked buddy. :)

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Sure, but I'm not sure the Knicks are going to get a much better offer any time soon. Also, if the Rockets completely walk away, they'll be down to just one team to trade Melo to or they'll have to work a buyout.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.