1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Paging Codman?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ROXTXIA, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Embrace the clutch

LOVE WILSON CHANDLER ON THIS TEAM!!!

DonKnock, bilaal14 and HakeemOnlyFan like this.
  2. Embrace the clutch

I feel you but I think I would rather wait and let Melo push for a buyout so we can sign him for cheaper

3. Embrace the clutch

I don't want to look at this moment and end up like the nets(they have bounced back tremendously tho)

4. PatBev

PatBev Member

And have him most likely go to cavs like reported if bought out. That will secure our spot in 2nd round limbo forever

5. Embrace the clutch

It's also been reported that he would be willing to sign with the rockets who would have more money to offer him than the cavs.... with all the unexpected moves being made this offseason we can't really predict what will happen, but if we add pieces like milsap and other pieces and are very competitive I think we could really be strong contenders to sign him in the buyout market

6. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I would give the off-season, I don't know, more than a day before freaking out. The Rockets are going to be in the conversation as one of the best teams in the NBA.

D-rock, joshuaao, BigMaloe and 4 others like this.
  7. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

[Serious question]
    In the event of a buyout, wouldn't money offered be irrelevant? Whether we pay vet min or 11 mill, doesn't it go toward the contract New York owes Melo?

For instance lets say New York owes him 40 mill over the next 2 years, in the buyout if we pay 1 million a year, New York has to pay him the other 19 mill. If we pay him 15 mill a year, New York has to pay him the other 5 mill. Is that correct? So money would be irrelevant. He's getting his contract money regardless.

D-rock and BigMaloe like this.
  8. PatBev

PatBev Member

I feel like his broken marriage might play a part in him for cavs to be closer. I just don't know if he wants to live under lebrons shadow or build his own brand. Why risk it when we can sign another Gordan cause if he chooses the cavs then who gives a **** if we have Gordan off the bench cause we'll lose in the 2nd round regardless

Do you actually think without Melo we can beat GS?

9. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

FYI...CJ Miles is speaking with us shortly...I thought that was visible. I posted about it earlier when I heard from a guy, and then a poster created a thread about it. Love my Rockets fans...

Having trouble sleeping with the radiation pain and meds...along with all the FA/trade talk.

I have NEVER heard the Rockets so busy before.

So many options and scenarios including buyouts and being reunited with old friends.

NeNe's deal may look too big, but remember, we're clearing things up for a team mixed with youth, vets, potential and good vibes.

Orlando/ATL/Detroit/NY/PHX was my last text 20 mins ago...big talkers with us.

Takers for Bledsoe to facilitate bigger moves? tough stuff.

Cyber probably has the juice. I just have the ears to guys who make moves behind the scenes, some ballers who I spend time with when I'm not coaching/scouting/dying (jk...sorta) from Lymphoma

DonKnock, Deuce, alethios and 27 others like this.
  10. Codman

Edit: Something fishy is happening in LAC....

ESPN should cover it shortly....

odd stuff

#610 Codman, Jul 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
  11. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I think Houston with CP3 and Harden gives him the best system to shine. If he goes to Cleveland he will be reduced to Kevin Love's role and that's the sad third wheel. In Houston under a Mike D'antoni system I wouldn't be surprised if he turns into a beast of a PF/SF. Tyronne Lue is an over rated coach. He has no idea what he's doing out there. He's just got an immense amount of talent and is letting Lebron dictate. That's why it's just two guys playing iso ball. While everyone is just picking up the droppings. Kyrie is also still a bit immature and is not Dwade. Not a fan of the Black hole named Melo but if he is the best option then I'll take him. I would honestly rather take Kevin Love simply because his passing is extremely underrated. He is absolutely a better version of Ryan Anderson. If we can help ny and Cavs facilitate a trade that gets us kevin love over melo i'd take that in a heart beat.

Ozzy likes this.
  12. PatBev

PatBev Member

He already signed with the clippers though? I don't understand?

13. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

G-O-R-D-O-N.

craguin and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  14. PatBev

PatBev Member

Do you think we have a realistic chance for Melo? I'm advocating for morey to deal Gordan with Anderson and sign Redick

I truly believe without Melo we are wasting are time and will never past the WCF while wasting hardens prime

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Thanks. Interesting. Seems like the biggest acquisition (excluding CP, of course) may be yet another guy who is under contract rather than a free agent.

16. Codman

Yes, but there is some sort of alleged issue that may come to light...wait it out, my friend. 1 is the loneliest of them all.

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Derek Fisher crashed Blake Griffin's car with Griffin's girlfriend?

alethios, D-rock, joshuaao and 6 others like this.
  18. PatBev

PatBev Member

Blake doesn't really move the needle for me. I'd rather go all in for Melo for I think he is the key for Houston to become and maintain being a super team as long as Durant is a warrior. I think CP3/Harden/Melo is a lot more attractive for FA

19. bratna8

bratna8 Member

What??? Should I sleep or wait it out?

20. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Cod, I hope you get your much needed rest soon. You've done enough for the night. Thank you.

alethios, D-rock, BigMaloe and 3 others like this.