1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets 100% trying to get Paul George

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jun 19, 2017.

1. icewill36

icewill36 Member

i dont think its possible guys. the rockets just cant offer a deal as sweet as bostons, especially if they get hayward.

IT
    PG
    GH
    Horford

and still have good pieces like avery bradley, olynk, and their young guys. he would be a fool to turn that down as they are all pretty young too.

i hope a miracle happens but i wont hold my breath

2. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I would still probably do it if it's Gordon, but only because I have faith that Morey can find bargain players who can contribute. Losing Capela would hurt like ****.....

Rudyc281 likes this.
  3. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Saw this on Facebook:

[​IMG]

BigMaloe, Vivi, SLRokJok and 5 others like this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

yeah, he's a huge long shot

at this point, I'm treating a PG to Houston trade like finding a 100 dollar bill on the street...an unexpected, pleasant surprise

Pen15clubber and koby1868 like this.
  5. icewill36

icewill36 Member

sigh..... why did i have to see this and get my hopes up?

BHannes2BHonest and BigMaloe like this.
  6. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Think about it again.

Nene/Onuaku/Bogut
    Anderson/George part-time/minimum
    George/Ariza/Troy Williams
    Harden/Collison
    Paul/D-League

That line up dwarfs the Warriors offensively. Can use the early part of the season to give young guys some burn. Later in the season some vets will break free. Can STILL consider Anderson and heavily protected 2020 pick for Melo. Can still consider Anderson for 2-3 equally mediocre pieces, to round out depth.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

I don't mind losing Gordon because with CP3 and Harden on the roster and MDA's system, many role players are gonna be looking better here than they actually are

Javale McGee was a scrub who turned into a decent rotation player in GS for example...I think we can do that sort of stuff here

8. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

So the Eric Gordon backbto Indyvthing actually makes some sense. He played at Indiana; his value is extremely high. Some teams just don't want to tank; I can see Indy being one. A little surprised Ariza is in demand. I still don't see any way Indy moves George without getting back some good draft picks in return.

BigMaloe and Pen15clubber like this.
  9. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

That's an interesting comparison.

I think tmac had better playmaking but Ingram is actually taller and is the better defensive potential.

Tmac did kind of come out of nowhere when he went to Orlando. He went from having a breakout year with Toronto avg 14 ppg in his 3rd or 4th season to like 27 ppg in Orlando a year later with like 6-7 assist.

I don't think Ingram is going to be that. Tmac was legitimately being compared to kobe as the best player in the game. But I do like Ingram and think he does have some similarities much more than KD.

10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Isaiah Hartenstein making a big insider splash.

#achtung

BigMaloe and Fullcourt like this.
  11. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Exactly. I love Gordon and Capela both(loved Beverly too), but George is an elite two way player and the fact is that is more valuable in wins and losses than a solid guy like Capela. Losing Capela stings, but if any GM in the league can find a FA to do much of what Capela does(but with less upside) it would be Morey. Plus you add Paul George to this roster, and all of a sudden guys like Vince Carter and Zach Randolph are playing for pennies just for the opportunity to fill out your roster - just like David West, Iggy, Bogut, etc.

12. threepointshot3

If there is any shred of truth to this holly ***

Paul
    Harden
    George
    Melo
    Capella

That is a superior team or starting lineup even to the damn warriors

YaoMing#1 likes this.
  13. jacoby

jacoby Member

There is a sub-zero chance that guy is legit.

14. icewill36

icewill36 Member

i wouldnt quite go that far since the rockets would not have a draymond level defender, but definitely puts them in that class.

15. threepointshot3

Offensively and as far as balance interms of playmaking it is better then the warriors.

16. JohnMac82

JohnMac82 Member

Rinse and repeat. You like that phrase a lot...

17. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

IF this does happen

Cp3
    Harden
    PG13
    Melo
    Capela

Nene
    Anderson
    Vince carter
    Point guard?

Losing Gordon wouldn't be that bad because I'm really high on Anderson as a 6th man he'd be one of the best and up for the award and could also run some weird lineups with him at the 5 For super space lineups.

That team is as close as anyone will get to matching golden state and imo would put the series at 55/45 in Warriors favor but it could switch to us being 55/45.

PG13 can guard KD harden is better than klay cp3 and curry are no separated by that much but I'll give the nod to curry but melo is light years ahead of green on offense and Capela/nene is much better than Zara/mcgee.

Anderson Vince carter and vet point guard is a nice scoring bench with Anderson and Vince giving you the occasional 15+ points on any given night. He'll Anderson might avg that with all the wide open looks he would see.

18. threepointshot3

It sounds pretty out there.

19. MD_in_Training

CP3 has been NBA all-defense 1st team 6 years in a row. We would also have PG, who has been all-defense first team years ago, and was 2nd team last year.

20. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

He used to post here and post stuff that had already been posted elsewhere on social media as "insider" info. I'd love to be wrong, but taking that with a HUGE grain of salt.

BigMaloe and xtruroyaltyx like this.