1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Windhorst] Daryl Morey is not done; is trying to get Melo and Paul George

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Jun 28, 2017.

1. malakas

malakas Member

So let's see. Every reliable journalist for the last 2-3 years has been saying Blake and CP3 have not been getting along.
    Cod throws a post today to the opposite without ANY other source or person saying otherwise.
    Now Cod's post > reliable journalists.
    Ehm No.
    If u wish to believe that Blake Griffin is coming here go ahead. .

justtxyank likes this.
  2. malakas

malakas Member

I think the BG is his speculation and the actual info is about Rhyno to Orlando. At least as a conversation that has been discussed between DM and Hammond.
    And by the same token let me see..why would reliable journalists put unsubstiated lies out there about their relatioship for years and years?

3. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Hmmm, not a huge fan of Vucevic necessarily but it does bring ups some interesting options You could possible move Capela and Gordon for PG13 which I think would be a good return for PG13 if Indiana wants to still compete while having one of the better young trade pieces/assets in the game IMO in Capela. Then with Ryan Anderson + fillers you go out and get a disgruntled (maybe slightly overpaid) C like Vucevic to replace Capela.

Resigning Nene would be of huge importance so that our C position is set with Vucevic (or whoever we can trade for or sign with MLE? Taj Gibson?) + Nene + Onuaku. Not saying Vucevic is the answer and obviously losing Capela would sting since he is such a stud pick and roll player but I just don't see how a PG13 trade gets done without including Capela in the deal. If Morey can trade for PG13 while somehow keeping Capela I will be very impressed but just not sure it is possible.

malakas likes this.
  4. OTMax

OTMax Member

Better not trade Gordon for Melo!!! For PG, of course!!

5. Mr. Motiejunas

Will be interesting to see if Rockets brass gets a meeting with Blake.

6. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

Not sure if you intended this for me but I'll go ahead and answer anyway.

Those who've played organized sports at a hyper-competitive level will all tell you infighting among teammates happens ALL the time. It's almost damn well expected. But at the end of the day, 99% of the time you're all still brothers in arms. You squash whatever issues you had on the court/field/ice, go out for dinner n drinks and laugh it off. It's all part of the bonding/trusting process (my experience, anyway) but doesn't mean you hold grudges. Quite the opposite, it becomes easier to let go and you grow closer as teammates over time (especially true as professionals). I believe this defines the CP3-Blake relationship.

Of course, there are times when that's not possible and that's where CP3, DeAndre, and Doc find themselves. When that happens you just move on to a better situation for all parties.

Bottom line: I'll trust Cod's sources inside the locker room 100% over hacks on ESPN.

BigMaloe and DonKnock like this.
  7. koby1868

koby1868 Member

I don't know the answer to that... why do they create story lines to generate excitement? The issues were obvious there. Maybe they were all frustrated, who really knows?

I just wouldn't discount inside information because your "opinion" is the opposite.

News has now come out that it was Doc, it was Austin Rivers, it was a trade for Melo that they didn't pull the trigger on, it was him and Blake, its DJ'a fault...

8. finsraider

finsraider Member

For those that like a good conspiracy theory...what if the Rockets paid that high price for CP3 so the Clippers would agree to coordinate a SnT for Griffin in free agency?

BHannes2BHonest and joshuaao like this.
  9. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

So why believe half of what he says and not the other part?

You took the Orlando info and ran with it but disregarded the Blake info.

Seems like just picking the parts to believe that sound good to you.

koby1868 likes this.
  10. DustinS

DustinS Contributing Member

Paul George is a rental based on everything coming out about him wanting to go to LA. I do not want to give up anything of value to get him.

Melo needs to get 18-20 shots a game, but he has improved his 3PT FG%, which is important for the Rockets. Not sure if I would trade for him though.

Millsap, would be an interesting piece in my opinion.

Ariza needs to go to the bench. His defense is declining and he is a very streaky shooter who cannot create his own shot... or dribble.

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

That would be nuts. Not sure though.

There have been pretty consistent reports that Blake didn't want to play with Paul anymore. Going into the offseason it was pretty much a lock that they wouldn't be back together because Griffin would leave if Paul stayed. Multiple Sauces Broussard was on the radio yesterday and said that Blake's issue is that he wants to basically be a point forward and he was frustrated that Chris Paul didn't trust him to run the offense more.

12. malakas

malakas Member

You said you believe this defines CP3- Blake relationship and I do not. I think Blake's out of court problems have strained their relationship even more.
    I will trust Lowe's ,Stein's and in the case of the Clippers Simmon's sources inside the LAC lockeroom more than Cod.
    But I respect your opinion and I odn't have any issue with ppl believing it as I said. I'm not going to stop you, go ahead.

I don't believe this one, and it's my opinion. If I see other sources saying the same I will change my mind. One post from one person Cod? Not enough.

13. Mr. Motiejunas

Does Millsap shoot the 3 at a decent clip? I haven't really watched him since his Uhat days.

14. finsraider

finsraider Member

Both of those make more sense to me than the Cavs trading for Melo or the Rockets signing him.

It's seems to me that it has to be a trade for the Rockets.

Yung-T and DonKnock like this.
  15. finsraider

finsraider Member

Probably Gordon, Ariza to a 3rd team for a pick and then a collection of other small assets. We don't have much else to give.

16. malakas

malakas Member

lol isn't that obvious?
    In the case of Blake's and CP3's relationship there has been a huge amount of sources saying the exact opposite of Cod.
    Are there about Vucevic and Orlando? Nope.
    Did I say that Cod was a hack who comes here to post all lies? Nope. I said I do not believe THIS one.

17. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Zach Lowe doesn't BS, and malakas is not suggesting Cod is lying. Cod could be hearing things that simply aren't true.

malakas likes this.
  18. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

BigMaloe and DonKnock like this.
  19. hakeemthagreat

That sounds like more like Blake wanted to bite the hand thats fed him his whole career. CP3 is one the MAIN reasons Blake is considered an elite PF. What would Blake's stats look like if he didn't catch 3-4 lobs every game? Amare thought he could lead a time without Nash and look what he did. Blake should've had a little more respect for CP

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  20. koby1868

koby1868 Member

Typical clutchfans. Questioning insiders that have no need to feed us BS information. Smh