1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mike D'Antoni wins NBA Coach of the Year

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jun 26, 2017.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Yeah, but Chris Finch was Morey's man. Morey wanted Finch to eventually take over the head coaching job from McHale. I didn't want D'Antoni but he bought into the concept of defense.

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I kinda viewed the media voting for MDA and Gordon and Bev 1st Team as them wanting to promote their theme that WB had no help. Yet, obviously Harden revived both MDA and Gordon's career, seeing that this is Hardens second time being runner up with two different teams and coaches.

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

yeah they have very cleverly ISO'd harden with the award selections. it's all too very convenient to just be coincidence.

regarding d'antoni actually deserving COY, i won't argue or disagree with it. i wasn't elated with his hiring, but he has been light years better than mchale. he should be held accountable for our game 5 loss @ SA though. hopefully he never pulls that 7-man **** again.

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Don Chaney won coach of the year too

5. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

I'm kind of surprised he didn't point out Harden individually.

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

7. Outlier

Outlier Member

Morey wanted Finch to take over? This is purely fan speculation from the beginning. Show me a source.

8. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Yeah. My overall reaction was "Meh". It's nice and all that but it's been 22 years since the Rockets held up that Larry O'Brien trophy and these awards are basically meaningless to me.

tinman likes this.
  9. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Parsons don't have nothing on Pringles. Undercover recruiting at it's best. :cool:

10. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

MDA did a good job until Popovich handed his butt to him again. Weird matchups, 7 man rotations (while trying to play fast) and the inability to prepare his team for a closeout game stained his campaign in my opinion. Great regular season tho! Congrats.

pippendagimp likes this.
  11. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Helps to have tangible things to help your team's stock. The stock of our players are up and we have a proven coach.

12. OTMax

OTMax Member

Nice credit to Adelman!!!

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Congratulations! Well deserved, Mike, and now to make it perfect? Grow back your mustache!