1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cost of moving Anderson ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by snowconeman22, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

Teams that have space are more concerned wih the regular season than the playoffs.

RollingWave likes this.
  2. DMO (DJ remix)

I was talking about Anderson, not Harden? what are you on? Harden got his own mess to clean up, but let's stick to the point. And what's up with swearing and acting up like i hurt you or something, take a chill pill.

3. DMO (DJ remix)

Hopefully you're right.

4. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

I like how you casually forget we only had 1 center for the second half of that series.

Pops wore everyone out by making them guard bigger guys.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

that doesn't matter when they were in a position to win. im not out for excuses. they could of very well won and that's all that matters. they couldn't finish it. if i wanted to mentioned people missing players i didn't even mention SA missing their best one

6. basketballholic

Kings have to reach the minimum somehow. They're not likely to get any premier free agents, and we could grease then with $5.1 million and perhaps that Memphis second that we traded for. Especially if we could send Bev and a second to a third team now who would send us a first while sending sac a second for a future second while we send Sac $3.5 million and Isaiah Taylor for Mason. Then send Sac another $5.1 million and another second after July 1 along with Anderson for Frank Mason for a future second.

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  7. CallMeTheDream

Send him to the Wolves let him space it out for Towns and Butler. The Nets need vet pieces and it wouldn't hurt D'angelo Russell's development to have a sniper like Anderson.

JoeBarelyCares likes this.
  8. CallMeTheDream

Hornets maybe to help with spacing now they have Dwight

9. finsraider

finsraider Member

Lol. Probably my favorite show of all time.

But anyways...no, I don't think it's so unrealistic. Anderson was #3 among power forwards in offensive real plus/minus. Now defensively....yeah, he's not very good...but that's not some new thing. He got paid to be the best shooting big in the league...which he is.

10. finsraider

finsraider Member

"Rebuilding" teams still need to spend $$$. Sacramento isn't competing for the next 5 years anyway, even if all of their prospects turn out to be good. The point of bringing in Anderson would be to have a veteran presence and a guy that can help the young guys develop their games by having good floor spacing.

11. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

What are we waiting for? Send his ass over to Sactown.

12. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

He'd be a solid fit there, but not sure how it helps the Rockets get cap room.. ha

13. finsraider

finsraider Member

Can't do it until we are in the new NBA year...i.e. July. Sacramento doesn't have the space to absorb Anderson without sending back salary right now.

14. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

With that $$$ they need to spend, sacramento can go after players with upside like Baynes and many others or they can taking bad contract with nice 1st rounds. For free they will never take rynos contract.

15. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I was asking more in a rhetorical fashion lol.. but thank you, I didn't realize that we have to wait.

16. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, that's how i see it too...rebuilding teams have to reach the salary floor, but that doesn't mean they have to throw their money into the toilet.

If i'm a rebuilding team and i have money to spend i go out in free agency trying to sign interesting players or veterans to cheap and/or team friendly deals, which is the opposite of Anderson contract...there are also some Euro guys like Teodosic, Melli, perfect players to be signed to a good contract.

You would've to send me something back with him to force me eat that contract.

Kings just released Afflalo btw.

Ming The King likes this.
  17. finsraider

finsraider Member

I guess we just disagree on his value then. Anderson might be overpaid, but it's not as wild as some of you are making it out to be.

$19.6 million - Ryan Anderson
    $13.2 million - Marvin Williams
    $22.6 million - Kevin Love
    $22.6 million - Brook Lopez

Keep in mind that Anderson is far and away the best 3-point shooting big in the league. He had the most makes, most attempts and 2nd highest 3FG%. Channing Frye was the only player with a better %, and he had 34% less attempts. Also, as much as people want to trash him, he's a serviceable post defender, moves the ball well and he can finish inside (57%). He is good enough in those other areas to keep him on the floor.

People have got Anderson wrong because they are discounting just how elite his shooting is. I wish we had made it to the conference finals so people could see how he can contribute as a stretch 5. He's certainly not perfect, but I can guarantee he would have had at least one or two games where he lit the nylon up. It happened in the game we won against them towards the beginning of the season, and it happened when he was on Pelicans in the first round against GSW.

JoeBarelyCares and justtxyank like this.
  18. TMAC3

TMAC3 Member

LOL at those of you who think it will be easy to get rid of Anderson. Do you think other GMs did not watch the playoffs?

19. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

package him with Bev and it will be easy to move him.

20. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Has there ever been a player so wanted by so many on this Board who fell out of favor so quickly and harshly? Maybe Derek Fisher....