1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets get George de Paula

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Jun 23, 2017.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

George De Paula that is, a lanky Brazilian PG. Article is a Brazilian source, not sure about the credibility but if true he's a nice undrafted pickup. Props to @PauloRockets for the heads up and @craguin.

Via Google Translate:
    Georginho accepts Houston Rockets offer for growth

6/23/2017 11:32 a.m.

[​IMG]

Georginho (right) was probed by several clubs

SPIEGEL: Georginho, 21, of Paulistano, did not have his name announced on Thursday (22) as one of 60 choices in the NBA draft. But he went to bed knowing he had a proposal from the Houston Rockets to play in the American League. He accepted the offer this morning (23).

As the long-running rookie recruitment ceremony ended in New York - for over four hours in length - Texas club officials began negotiating with the agents of the athlete, Eduardo Resende and Alex Saratsis of the United States. Octagon.

"We chose to accept the Houston package because it is one of the best teams in the NBA in terms of developing young talents," said Resende.

↕ ↕ ↕ More info in the 'proposal from...' link in the translated article:
    They then sent a partially guaranteed contract offer to Georginho.

Diadema from São Paulo would play the so-called NBA summer leagues for the Rockets and would also play at least the preseason cast of coach Mike D'Antoni.

Selection in the league draft would not necessarily result in a better offer to the player.

I see you Morey

[​IMG]

#1 ThatBoyNick, Jun 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  2. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I'm convinced that Morey is trolling us on this one if the rumor is true lol.

Jayzers_100, Bo6, Fullcourt and 2 others like this.
  3. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

FAKE Paul George and GMo (German DMo)... He's definitely trolling us!

kjayp likes this.
  4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Rockets trying to maximize the name confusion once they sign Paul George, Chris Paul, Paul Millsap and George Hill.

Remember several years back when Morey signed Marcus Cousin?

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Thanks for the thread title, OP. I had a small heart attack. Or I s*** myself. Or I c***. Or all three? (he checks) Yes, depending on the results of the EKG, I can at least verify two of those three.

6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Great news. Another player that won't see any playing time under MDA.

napalm06 likes this.
  7. Medicine N Music

Medicine N Music Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

6'6 PG with 7'0 1/4 wingspan. Morey strikes again. He can play 3 positions and has unlimited defensive potential.

8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

sounds painful

9. topfive

topfive CF OG

Not according to a certain CFer whose name I won't mention, but whose initials are DD. We are can-kickers extraordinaire.

Deuce likes this.
  10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

If true, another guy that seems like a better pick then the guy they actually picked at 43, lol.

He's basically a 6'6 point guard with a 7'0 wingspan... which are measurements that got Frank Ntilinka drafted at 8th, lol.

I mean, ultimately this is just a summer league guy, but at least he has a cool name.

DMO (DJ remix) and saleem like this.
  11. basketballholic

This guy was ranked decently a couple seasons ago based on potential. He has insane length at the point and huge mitts if I remember right. But you can see there's no explosion and no burst in his first step. He's slow. And probably always will be. Don't see much hope for him to develop into an NBA player at this point.

12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Brazilian PG stands for point guard or Paul George though? Lol

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Morey knows he can't get Paul George, so he got us George De Paula.

14. omgTHEpotential

DAT WINGSPAN

[​IMG]

Mazulis likes this.
  15. gdinamite

gdinamite Member

Very good player. Amazing prospect. He lost the Brazilian Finals last week. I think he could be better than Isaiah Taylor.

16. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Darnell Murray is on a mission this summer

17. Soneca

Soneca Member

Ignoring the potential trolling by DM, I can say three things, as a Brazilian:

1) the source should be reliable, as it's the biggest newspaper in the country;

2) I've never heard of him, not that I've been that much into Brazil's basketball league for the past few year, but if he was any good I think I'd know of him.

3) I used to play BB, so I witnessed in person Nene, Splitter and Leadrinho several times and they were clearly way better than everyone else, I mean, Nene was young when he left but was already beasting, though I thought Splitter would be better, he left as a teen to Europe. And Leadrinho looked like a freak of nature among the other pros, the last time I watched him you could tell he'd be a good player in the NBA. That's only to say I doubt that this guy will ever play in the association.

#17 Soneca, Jun 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

from the videos his handle looks really shaky.....dribbles too high too slow too wide and doesn't shield w/ his body

19. thekad

thekad Member

Sounds exactly like the guy the Knicks picked at 8th. Phil needs to go.

20. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Wishing Paul George into existence. Close...

BigShasta and The Hunted like this.