1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Moreys Summer Goal? Bring CP3+Hayward

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jun 16, 2017.

1. seeingred

seeingred Member

Jackass Morey trying to improve the team. What a fat piece of sh*t, amirite?

When the reply to any roster move is either 1) We can't do it or 2) It's not enough to beat the warriors - wtf do you people suggest? This snarky, pouting tantrum stuff is gross.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Sources: Les Alexander's Summer Goal? Buy Whole Foods.

I heard that last week, but couldn't decide what forum to post it in, so sat on it, and didn't think it was very likely. Probably was more likely than this cyberx news, though.

BigMaloe, Fantasma Negro and DonKnock like this.
  3. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Harden's 27, CP3 is 31, Hayward is also 27. Late 90's big 3 Rockets were all 33 or 34.

Yaosthirdleg, BigMaloe and Fullcourt like this.
  4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

What's wrong with raising the issue of technicalities like cap space and trade assets. Do you even understand how difficult it will be to sign just one of those guys, much less both.

Brown Lost It likes this.
  5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Do you understand how difficult it will be to sign Shareef Abdur-Rahim? Not very difficult at all.

Nook likes this.
  6. Asian Sensation

CP is 32.

Anyways, even if we got both.....

LBJ, Irving, Love >>>>>>>>>>> Harden, CP3, Hayward. Plus the cavs role players are better than whatever hot garbage we'd be left with.

7. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

Lmaoooooo

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That is what Dawson thought when he made that deal to get Barkley and Pippen. I trust in youth and growth.

Harden is 28 this Fall.

9. RocketDream

RocketDream Member

I don't agree with that at all.

LBJ >> Harden
    CP3 >> Irving [Paul is an excellent defender while Irving is a trash defender, Paul is a more efficient scorer and a far better passer]
    Hayward > Love [Hayward is a much better defender, Love is the better rebounder]

Overall, it's close just because of LeBron.

mathor likes this.
  10. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

lol doc rivers is not parting with cp3 for anything less than a kings ransom.

Heyward is much more attainable imo.

11. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

so harden gonna play the joe johnson role for dantoni in this offense i assume

12. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

And I'd trade Dekker before Ariza if it could be help but i wouldn't be mad if they traded Ariza. Dekker is still all potential at this pint in his career because he hasn't even put together consistency as a backup to Ariza. Him and Ariza splits should been 27(Ariza minutes) and 20(Dekkers)

13. RedHotRockets01

Well CP3 is a free agent....... so there's that.......

14. RocketDream

RocketDream Member

Paul is a free agent. Rivers has no say if Paul wants to go to Houston.

Fulgore and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  15. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

We seen what happened when Jordan was a free agent.

16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I don't have any expectations, except perhaps more of the same stuff as this outgoing season at best. Talking doesn't get you anywhere.

BigMaloe likes this.
  17. anchel

anchel Member

Is that even smart? We'll see what we end getting, and what could we have gotten with a humbler and more realistic plan. He has already screwed it in the past by being delusional.

18. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

DISCLAIMER: Not a capologist. I won't be offended if the scenario I'm describing is impossible.

1) Clear enough cap space to sign CP3 while retaining Anderson's contract
    2) Sign CP3
    3) Grab everyone's attention. Pique the curiosity of every superstar that wants to win.
    4) Use Anderson's contract + whatever it takes to make a play for a player already under contract (i.e. PG13, Butler, Boogie, Melo, etc) that make less than what Hayward would make if he were to sign via free agency.
    5) Hope point #3 compells the players involved to demand a trade and force a deal to happen.

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

lol, the gap is nowhere near that big, let's chill with the hyperbole

Lebron, Harden, CP3, Irving, Hayward, Love...that would be the best players in a series in that order (a lot of people think that Hayward is better than Irving too)

Love might not even be able to stay on the floor because he'd be getting worked defensively

The Rockets would be the underdogs because of Lebron's greatness, but the Cavs would have their hands full.

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

Ariza would have to go, Dekker doesn't make enough money to give us the space that we'd need by getting rid of him

saleem likes this.