1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WOJ: Rockets among suitors for Chris Paul

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

Good young guards like who?

2. CapelaOnlyFan

CapelaOnlyFan Member

Ppat lol

3. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Hardens shitty game 6 performance has been a blessing for me lol. It's made me care less about it the Rockets off-season. Feels good for once not to be so hooked on mostly rumors that won't come true. I do expect Gallinari will be on this team though.

megastahr likes this.
  4. amaru

amaru Member

Highly doubt Paul gives Houston any serious consideration

5. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Logically, those assholes in the bay should be enough of a reason to detach. Alas, here I am. :(

ElPigto, Tfor3 and BigShasta like this.
  6. rockets13champs

Jerry West just signed with Clippers Cp3 and Blake will stay 100%

7. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Wait a second.

If this is one of your cases against Paul, who's guarding Harden?... It causes many match-up problems and the lob to Capela becomes a nightmare to opposing teams.

The ONLY two things I would be worried about is who runs the offense and if this would cause conflict.... AND Paul's age and injury history as you stated.

DonKnock and Yaosthirdleg like this.
  8. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Remember what Big Baby said about him . . . All that matters is what's up Moreyz sleeves.

9. hongxingli

hongxingli Contributing Member

hehe, who is going to play defense? and Capella may not even smell the ball during offense

10. hongxingli

hongxingli Contributing Member

do not want him, period, the main reason is that if he takes the offense load, Harden will not have excuse for not playing defense :D

seriously sign him if he want to be here, trade him in the mid of the season for another star that fits ;)

11. threepointshot3

And is one of the best at protecting the ball. He dose not commit a heap of turnovers despite the amount of time he has the ball. His turnover to assist ratio is great

12. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Jerry west is 96 years old

13. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, i thought about him, problem is in that scenario we wouldn't have the MLE..we should also dump Beverley or Ariza to gain enough cap space to sign him.

14. basketballholic

Paul/Harden
    Bev/Gordon
    Harden/Ojelay
    Nene/Bell
    Dekker/Wiltjer

15. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

No Dimbwiddie, DoMo or Harrellson?

YAWN....

Gorki likes this.
  16. da_juice

da_juice Member

I don't see the fit here, especially with Gordon, Williams, and Bev. This could be Morey doing his due diligence, or a smokescreen by us to catch other teams off guard and/or sell it to other big name free agents- "You, Harden, Chris Paul, and our bench will be enough star power and depth to take on GSW. So what do you say Gordon Hayward, are you in?"

17. the shark

the shark Member

Chris Paul isn't going anywhere. Not giving up FIFTY MILLION!!

18. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

LOL there is no way Harden is coming off the bench in any scenario. But I get what you're saying, he could be backup to CP when he's on the bench.

I would be interested in seeing a lineup like this though:

Paul
    Beverley
    Ariza
    Harden
    Capela

That would be an intense defensive starting 5 if Harden improves even more in that area over the offseason.

19. rockets13champs

Jerry West is the man who brought Lakers ShAq and warriors KD. He is the best man to have in the league. Everywhere he's been he has brought titles and marquee free agents

20. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

The thing is... the Rockets don't run an offense.

PnR and spread them out with no movement is NOT an offense. It's just a single play, ran over and over again. Every once in awhile they'll mix in a separate play or two.

Listen to the latest Lowe podcast with Steve Kerr, where they talk about how KD had to learn to adjust to their offense, and he specifically mentions a team like Houston where it's just pace and space, but no movement, vs. what they do which creates constant confusion and mismatches and mixups by the defense.

The problem with no running a real offense is ... it makes the fit pretty bad. When CP3 has the ball, Harden becomes a stand at the wing guy and wait for the 3. That doesn't take advantage of anything.

If you're staying with Harden, it's folly not to consider this and style. Hayward makes sense. Griffin makes sense. Are these guys as good as CP3?? Absolutely not, no way... but they FIT.

We've been through Dwight, we've been through Ty, heck we've been through Lin (and I'm no Lin only fan or lover, just know what I know from y own eyes watching). None of those guys are close to Harden's overall level of talent, but ALL of those guys were worse than they might have otherwise been because of the fit.

That's also the Rockets won 55 games this year with Harden plus a bunch of average players - it was average players with specialized skills that completely fit.

As I've said previously, if CP3 wants to come, you absolutely go for him... more assets are more assets. but i don't see how it works unless works means maybe 1 year you make it to the WCF once.