1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terror attack on London Bridge June 3 2017

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Astrodome, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Yeah the guardian did you wrong sexpat jones. If only there was some website that would allow you to search for the unedited 7 minute video. Alas I am the only one who has the link.

cml750 likes this.
  2. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Post it.

3. Bandwagoner

I want to to teach you to find real news yourself sexpat. Teaching you to fish for valuable unedited information will help you greatly. Post when you find it then I will give you further tasks.

4. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

I hate to ruin your narrative, but you're simply wrong. Again. We have been debating politics on this board way before 2016. And your false attribution that we are acting irrationally only serves to further weaken your argument. You can make up this false "Oh, look at the angry liberals on this board!" narrative, and it still won't be true. Although I do give you credit... as someone who writes for a living, I can see that your diction is a beautiful use of hyperbole: "triggered," "calm down," "quick to anger," "demonize," "scorned lover," "lashing out:- A+.

But, we get it, again. For those on this board who are clearly conservative and lean Republican, you have an embarrassing blip in your party's history. You had respectable, decent men as President for quite a while... Nixon is still a sore spot.. but you've had Lincoln, Reagan, Bush, Eisenhower.... and now, you have Trump. A national embarrassment. And you have to live with that. So, we know you have to defend him... and at the same time, to save face, say, "But I didn't vote for him."

Hillary Clinton winning would have been much better for you all. Now, you have to deal with 4 years of Trump.

Eric Riley likes this.
  5. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Do you feel the same way when your preferred candidate, still to this day, continues to hold interviews whining and blaming everyone but herself for her loss? It seems every new interview, she has a new reason why she lost. Somehow I don't think you have the criticism towards her when she does this as you are now displaying to others here.

Just a reminder, we are citizens of this country and we have the right and privilege to voice our opinions. Clinton ran for office to represent people like you, not us deplorables who didnt vote for her. Every time she gets up whining about her loss, its a reminder and confirmation that she is no different the Trump. Hell, she even partakes in childish banter on Twitter just like Trump.

6. dandorotik

Post it. Otherwise, you're lying.

7. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Everyone else in this thread can watch that video I posted and see that my quote is word for word.
    And everyone in this thread can copy your "quote," google it, and find zero, because you lied.
    You lied in this thread. You said your quote was exact, and you lied.
    Why are you lying? Why do you accept a lie as part of your own "beliefs"?

8. Bandwagoner

What am I lying about then? Lets get specific. Is it your contention he did not say all of the words I quoted?

9. Bandwagoner

So he did not say the words I quoted? This brainwashing is fascinating.

10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Don't understand the need to lie about what the Mayor of London said. If you don't believe the media, here's Conservative Penny Mordaunt correcting Trump on what the Mayor said.

11. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

LIE.

WRONG.

12. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Well thank God they don't have the gun fetish over in England or the death toll might have been in the hundreds if the three terrorists had assault weapons as the gun nut would have it.

Also it is interesting that the lead terrorist had a Libya connection and we can partly thank what could be call Hillary's War for that guy's role.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/03/...ng-salman-abedi-islamic-state-libya.html?_r=0

13. Bandwagoner

"I'm appalled and furious...terrorists will deliberately target innocent Londoners...6 people have been killed, more than 40 in hospital...some of them are critical...the threat level remains at severe...attacks across the country are highly likely...terrorists are constantly evolving finding new ways to disrupt us, harm us, attack us...no reason to be alarmed"

-Mayor Sadiq Khan
    feel free to point out the phrase he didn't say sexpat

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well as for me, I'm not a Republican, you know that. Just like you know that I was against Trump from the very beginning. The problem comes due to you only being able to see one side of the equation. If I were to list all the things I don't like about Trump, you'd be right there with me.....if I then went on to list all the things I don't like about Hillary, you'd call me a Trump supporter.

I said from the very beginning that Trump is a national embarrassment so it's not like you are telling me something I don't already know or something I haven't said on this board probably hundreds of times by now.

The issue is that due to where you stand, you can't understand how your girl was such a national embarrassment that to millions of people, she made Trump look like the better option. Things have been very different around here ever since your girl lost and I'm not sure why you can't see it. Just a very different tone to things and you can pretend that people are "over it" now, but it's pretty clearly not true.

15. dandorotik

Hillary Clinton needs to get over it. She needs to give it a rest, quite honestly. It doesn't matter if she has legit arguments - she comes across as a whiner and complainer, and quite frankly, we're all past it. She should have done a better job in PA, WI, and MI.

I have no problem at all calling her out for her recent whining. She lost due to factors beyond her control AND factors within her control. Not either or- they both mattered. Any conservatives who put all the blame on her are wrong. Any liberals who put all the blame on other factors are wrong. Matter of fact, I've seen several liberals on here lamenting that she wasn't the best candidate and that she failed.

Maybe it's that President Trump has been so awful, it's been hard to see that. So, I can certainly criticize Clinton for her days of whining and complaining. At the same time, compared to months and months of idiocy from Trump.....

16. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

You lied to the posters in this thread.
    Post the link, man. This is getting pathetic. Where is the video you quoted?

17. Bandwagoner

Point out the phrase he didn't say. You've already called me a liar twice and now admitted you have not seen his statement. Accusations without knowledge. How can you justify that?

cml750 likes this.
  18. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

This is a lie. You lied.

19. Bandwagoner

Point out the phrase he didn't say, you have already admitted you didn't see the statement. He said everything I quoted. Sucks for you sexpat.

20. dandorotik

Nope. Trump and Clinton both deserve criticism. But when you say they're both equally bad, you're wrong. Mind you, I'd say that if you were comparing Republican candidates:

Trump and Cruz are equally bad... no, they're not. I don't agree with many of Cruz' stances, but you're talking about a highly intelligent person who is light years above Trump. Same with Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio, etc. Heck, if Trump resigns, I'm fine with Pence. I don't agree with some of his positions, but he's not an embarrassment. Intelligence matters.

Clinton certainly has her faults, like all of them do. Trump is in a completely different category. And every time you try to equate him and Clinton, I'm going to use the same broken-record rhetorical technique you use, "No, they're not."