1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

They are little max kellermans

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

#Clutchfanslife
    [​IMG]

Deuce, Vivi, Daddy Long Legs and 3 others like this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

4. Daddy Long Legs

He has like 30 accounts on clutchfans. You arent one of them daywalker, are you?

[​IMG]

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Big Yao brought me here. Who is he?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Lol. Derrick Rose won an MVP. Bet Chicago fans wish they got more in return for him. KD won an MVP. Thunder would be much better off right now had they traded him. Steve Nash won two MVPs and could t get out of the Western Conference. Carmelo finished third in 12/13. Dwight Howard has finished second before.

The logic of "he's finished 2nd in voting for the MVP twice in three years and was a unanimous first team all NBA this year" so can't be flawed and problematic and we have to stick with him for the next 5 years makes no sense to me. Literally just 12 months ago everyone on this board thought media voters were crazy and dumb.

Mind you DMC is getting the same treatment this year.

As the years go by, Harden seems to be becoming more and more Melo like than Lebron like... to me.

Asian Sensation and kjayp like this.
  7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

When the last time Carmelo's team made the 2nd round of the playoffs?

8. Daddy Long Legs

Derrick rose and KD are bad examples. One got injured and the other left in free agency.

If we are to assume that harden will tear his acl or leave in free agency then yes we should trade him now.

If we are too assume that neither of those two things will happen, then we should keep him.

Do you assume he will blow his knee out or leave the rockets?

9. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I assume a record 23 turnovers in a Play Off game knocking the Rockets out of contention yet again or did Les Alexander give the orders to do so and shut the season down? You tell me Mr Investigator.

10. Daddy Long Legs

You seem emotional. Stay calm.

I pointed out how the KD/Rose analogies don't hold water.

What are you talking about when you mention les' orders to shut the season down? How am I Mr Investigator? Lolwut?

11. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

The collective reasoning on CF can be astounding...

james gets snubbed for All-NBA teams last year = voters dont know what they're talking about... #mediaconspiracy...
    james gets 1st NBA team this year = confirms his greatness...

BSPN has us predicted to be a mid level team = they're idiots! #mediaconspiracy
    BSPN had us predicted to be a mid level team = we overachieved! :)

james is #1 in assists at 11.2 - that proves he's not a ballhog...
    westbrook #3 in assists at 10.4 - but oh yeh, he's a ballhog...
    sidenote - how much variance is there for the ability of their teammates to complete the dish for the score and get the assist? ;)

MDA led us to 55-27, #3 record and 2nd rd = proves he's a great coach...
    McHale leads us to 56-26 and WCF = but he obviously sucks...

Teammates do poorly = we need better talent around James
    Teammates do well = james made them better

Even contemplating trading harden = totally stupid....
    He's our 'best chance'... even though he may just up n quit.... but that's ok, because people have "made their peace with it..." lol....

#391 kjayp, May 19, 2017
    Last edited: May 19, 2017
  12. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Game 6 and the end of game 5 had a staged or 'Executive Orders' by Les Alexander feel to it. The team literally changed personalities and played to lose both instances. It was just awful and brought about suspicion.

13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A NEW THEORY!!!!!! love it. I'm putting it in the Game 6 conspiracy theory thread right now. thanks

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  14. Daddy Long Legs

I agree it was dissapointing and sucked. Im pissed too.

Le$ is getting fined for being pissed at refs in the 1st round though. He wouldnt throw a season. Thats paranoid and doesn't pass any smell test at all. It makes no sense.

Harden choked and failed at the end but it wasnt on purpose. He just ran out of gas, lost his rythym and confidence, and lost. It is what it is. I still think he is our best bet moving forward.

I'm not a conspiracy theory guy.

RCPM likes this.
  15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

yes, but you ought to be. ;)

J Sizzle, kjayp and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  16. Caesar

Caesar Member

I mean...we did trade Moses Malone 2X MVP in his prime....not runner up...but actual 2X MVP who got us to the Finals. He then won another MVP and FMVP but b/c he was paired with another legit SUPERSTAR, not just an all-star, but superstar. We can't do that for James just like we couldn't do it for Moses. Were sitting here hoping Ibaka and Gallinari are enough help for Harden to win a ring.

Akeem(and Ralph if he stayed healthy) came out of those dark days post Moses trade. Who is to say our true savior isn't born from a Harden trade?

subtomic and kjayp like this.
  17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I'm, saying this again. Harden is unproven.

He has proven himself to be able to carry a team's offense throughout a season. But he has yet proven to be able to LEAD a team to championship land. Can he do it in the future? That's a 200 million dollar question. I am not in the "Harden is what he is and let's get rid of him before too late" crowd. I am also not in the "Harden is still a top 3 player and all we need to do is keep adjusting" crowd either.

The truth is, Harden is unproven and we don't know how he will turn out in the future. There are players who mature from very flawed early stages of their careers. There are also players who never grow up and squander away their immense talents AND their teams' investment on them, both in money and in time/opportunity.

Trading Harden is obviously a huge gamble. Not trading him is also a gamble. For now, the probability of losing in the gamble of trading him is greater than losing in the gamble of not trading him. So, I'd vote to stand pat. But one more playoffs meltdown next year, I'll probably go to the other side.

subtomic and saleem like this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

Rocket "fans" want to trade one of the 3 best players in the NBA, entering his prime?

No... Rocket fans don't; former Lin and Yao fans want to trade James Harden.

The thread is stupid because the Rockets are not trading Harden this summer, it isn't happening. OP would be better off starting a thread about the Rockets signing KD after he opts out this summer.

Ultimately the Rockets had one top 50 player on their roster and you aren't going to beat many teams that have two (San Antonio) or four (GS).

Daddy Long Legs, RCPM and BigMaloe like this.
  19. threepointshot3

It is some sort of joke? Harden was hardly melo like. He was making an conscious effort to move the ball and get other involved.This was widely acknowledged by the entire media and most pundits in general. You are now going out of you're way to find faults.

riko and BigMaloe like this.
  20. wekko368

wekko368 Member

And after Harden "moves the ball", what does he usually do afterwards?