1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Before the NBA playoffs resume Friday night, we're talking Rockets, including individual team awards. We're live NOW!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Did John Wall pull a Harden last night???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, May 16, 2017.

?

Did John Wall pull a Harden last night???

1. Yes, they're both frauds.

10.3%
  2. No, at no point in the game did John Wall give up.

89.7%
  1. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

John Wall had a miserable game 7 performance, missing his last 11 shots and scoring ZERO points in the 4th quarter. :eek:

Thoughts???

2. RyanB

RyanB Member

He tried, he didn't quit

lw17, Rox11, Yung-T and 7 others like this.
  3. lionaire

lionaire Member

Both choked, period.

4. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Lol these poll options are all so crazy lately. I dont vote anymore because none of them accurately represent my beliefs about the situation haha

Yung-T, Ozzy, Pen15clubber and 5 others like this.
  5. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

pulling a "harden" alike i hear doesnt mean u have a bad closeout game. he still shot the ball ended with 18pts, had 11asts only 3tos. he tried, so no he just got shut down by a better team and they didnt evne use their bench so that played a big role. dunno what these coaches like mda are doing overplaying their starters in the middle of the po's when they're dead tired. there's a reason you have 13 active players, USE SOME FO THEM!

Yung-T and ilovehtownbb like this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

Wall tried, but he was still pretty atrocious in game 7.

I like Wall, he's fun to watch, but this dude has been getting a lot of hype.

His last 5 games against Boston

7-19
    8-25
    7-17
    9-25
    8-23

Overall, he played well in these playoffs, but it was against the freaking Hawks and Celtics.

I really wish we were in the EC, I'd rather play a game 7 against Boston than any game against SA. The Rockets would've had HCA in the ECF. Smh.

Yung-T and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  7. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

What does accurately represent your beliefs about the situation then, breh???

8. Exiled

Exiled Member

Thoughts! well he was uncharacteristically
    so slow..almost like Harden

9. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Nope. One actually tried.

Rox11 likes this.
  10. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Was he concussed? Getting over the flu? Hungover? Heart flatlined? Part of a 7 man rotation? Playing 5 on 8? There's just to many variables to vote.o_O

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

just because u tried doesn't mean u didn't choke

11 straight misses in a game 7? Only 5 points in the 2nd half? Choke...

12. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Not a question of choking. Puling a Harden means quitting.

13. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

He kind of choked. Some color, though...

- He's not a real MVP candidate. Got close this year. But didn't go from this guy should win the MVP to choking.
    - They both shot horrible down the stretch. Last 5 games (because someone else used the last 5 games... these were Walls bad games, he actually played really well the first two games against the Celtics). Harden 41% on 98 shots. Wall 36% on 109 shots. Both shot 30% on threes their last 5 games, though Harden took 57 threes to Wall's 27.
    - Wall had 43 assists to 16 turnovers his last 5 games. A 2.7 a:to ratio. Harden had 44 assists to 28 turnovers. A 1.6 a:to ratio

If I'm a Wizards fan, I'm not exactly in love with John Wall right now. They did take it to 7, he did basically hit a game winning, season saving 3 pointer, and he's one year younger than Harden.

But he definitely otherwise choked down the stretch.

14. jayfree

jayfree Member

Yes, if you mean he pulled a Harden in Game #2 against the Spurs in SA where he was 3/17 for 13 pts, 10 assists and 7 boards.

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

he sort of pulled a Harden game 5, but what Harden was doing in the final moments of the 4th quarter + OT Wall did the entire 2nd half.

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden's numbers would've looked a lot better if he was facing the Celtics instead of the Spurs in the 2nd round

damn I wish we were in the EC

17. jayfree

jayfree Member

I know right. Much better to lose 4-2 in the ECF against the Cavs than lose 4-2 in the WC Simi Finals to the Spurs

18. Warning-Sign

Warning-Sign Member

It's more like I'd say Harden and Wall pulled a Westbrook

Pen15clubber likes this.
  19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Did Wall (allegedly) pay $20,000 to some random dudes to jump someone outside a strip club!?

Wait a minute, what's pulling a Harden again? It changes.. It changes a lot.

Snow Villiers likes this.
  20. Reeko

Reeko Member

the EC is just not that tough...Harden would be putting up monster games on the regular against that level of competition

we're facing the MVP, a 61 win team, and would've been facing a damn all star squad in the WCF

in the East you're playing teams like Indy, Atlanta, Milwaukee, Boston, and Washington before u get to playing Lebron...