1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade Harden for Westbrook now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bleedroxred79, May 13, 2017.

?

Would you trade Harden for Westbrook now?

1. Yes

54 vote(s)
    20.8%
  2. No

205 vote(s)
    79.2%
  1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I just don't get this opinion, if you like watching smart basketball I don't see how you could stand watching Westbrick play the game.....it's like all of the worst parts of Kobe and Allen Iverson rolled into one player. Adding a selfish chucker to the Rockets would only make the team a LOT harder to watch.

2. wekko368

wekko368 Member

I don't think that's been proven. Those Pelican teams had injuries.

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

lmao

Yes, the Rockets have dealt with zero injuries during the James Harden era. They've been totally 100% healthy. Never have had any notable players get hurt.

Astute observation

4. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Instead of being so dismissive, how about you look at the games missed by Holiday, Gordon, Anderson, and Tyreke Evans?

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Instead of being so dismissive, how about you look at the games missed by Dwight, Capela, DMo, and Patrick Beverley? And many more!

6. wekko368

wekko368 Member

I have. The Pelicans had much worse luck.

7. Vivi

Vivi Member

Seems like Dudley wouldn't (21:20)

Not sure about that much, two years ago both teams had a lot of injuries. They ended up 8th seed (for miracle) while we ended up 2nd (also ahead of the Spurs), and we did mainly because of Harden (who played better than this season imo).

Deuce likes this.
  8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

daywalker02 likes this.
  9. wekko368

wekko368 Member

From 2014 through 2016, the Pelicans had much worse luck. 2015 was the only year we were close.

In 2015, Dwight missed 41 games, DMo missed 11 games, and Beverley missed 26 games. Holiday missed 42 games, both Anderson and Gordon each missed 21, and Anthony Davis missed 14 games.

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

This is fair enough i'd say.

You forgot injuries to Jones and Papanikolaou but yeah, i remember they had a lot of injuries too, not trying to argue that, we still got 2nd in one of the hardest WC in the last 10/20 years, they got 8th winning the same games as the 9th team (OKC).

11. Juxtaposed Jolt

I agree that, Westbrook with that particular OKC roster, needed to constantly jack up shots. But on a team full of snipers like EGo/Lou/Ariza/Bev/Anderson, I believe Westbrook would have passed it more.

It's a game of "what-ifs," but with the speed and motor of Westbrook, and no one being able to help off a sniper, Westbrook would have had options.

Like another poster said, I love what we did this year with Harden. But I don't think completely disregarding Westbrook-in-place-of-Harden just because of what happened this year with Westbrook's OKC team, is the right thing to do.

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Cool! So...injuries are an excuse for Davis, but not for Harden, despite an immensely greater level of success. Cool, indeed!

13. wekko368

wekko368 Member

It depends on the argument at hand. You claimed that it had been proven that Harden + role players are better than Davis + role players. Major injuries to key Pelican players makes it impossible for such an argument to be "proven". Additionally, you're incorrectly assuming that Harden's effectiveness has remained constant over the years when in fact, he actually peaked 2 years ago.

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

lmao

*Harden consistently carries Rockets role players to much better record than Davis carries Pelicans role players for 5 straight years*

"It's just not proven yet!"

*Harden finishes Top 5 in MVP voting 3 of 5 years as a Rocket. Most recent season is considered historically great*

"Harden's not consistent! Peaked years ago!"

*Key Rockets hurt in each of Harden's seasons as a Rocket*

*Is ignored, yet Anthony Davis gets a pass*

15. wekko368

wekko368 Member

How can it be proven when the Pelicans have had so many injuries? Use some common sense.

Who cares about top 5 in MVP voting? Since when is that a barometer for anything? How about watching the actual games? 2015 Harden was clearly better than 2017 Harden. 2017 Harden benefited from better teammates, but 2015 Harden was a better player. He was in much better condition, shot better, and had a better offensive arsenal.

B/c the Pelicans have suffered many more injuries to key players than the Rockets have. In your opinion, is this fact a true or false statement?

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

lmao

Ok man. The grass is always greener. Same tired offseason arguments every year.

"How about watching the games?"

*Harden puts up historic numbers and the Rockets win more games than anybody predicted possible*

"Yeah but watch the games bro!"

#116 J Sizzle, May 15, 2017
    Last edited: May 15, 2017
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That be noted. If that happens, ESPN will write tons of articles on their NBA front page.

They'd write articles regardless.

18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Now THIS is correct

19. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

As down as I am on Harden, no I would not trade him for Westbrook.

I think that's a lateral move at best.

20. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

I wouldn't trade Bobby Brown for Westbrook. You have to be able to like your team.