1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade Harden for Westbrook now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bleedroxred79, May 13, 2017.

?

Would you trade Harden for Westbrook now?

1. Yes

54 vote(s)
    20.8%
  2. No

205 vote(s)
    79.2%
  1. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

Just started to seriously contemplate it while eating lunch. Obviously this is the epitome of an off-season thread BUT would ya?

2. DJ

DJ Member

No way! Harden has had countless exceptional performance and is an ideal fit for Houston

Lawlruschang likes this.
  3. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

I agree bro but this team has more talent. Westbrook plays his heart out every night. I'd rather run with someone who would break their body for the team and show raw emotion after taking a tough loss. That's something I would root for even in a first round sweep. Don't know if I would personally pull the trigger but it's a tough choice IMO.

4. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

Both are equally flawed and won't be the number 1 on a championship level team.

5. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

I would in a heartbeat.

Russ goes down swinging and angry. Might lose by a few by over shooting but dammit he's trying.

What Harden did shouldn't be sugar coated. It was sabotage. When the team and organization and fan base all invest and work so hard to be in that opportunity, you can't have your main guy rotten at the core who will sabotage the team.

At least with Russ it hasn't been disproven that there is a chance.

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

lmao

Man...this offseason is gonna be fun

#6 J Sizzle, May 13, 2017
    Last edited: May 13, 2017
  7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Yep, give me the guy with questionable decision making over the guy with questionable heart any day.

8. chandlerbang21

I actually love Westbrook over harden I love his skill set and kobe-like attitude. his only goal is to win and plays hard on offense and defense . both have horrible shot selection though

RyanB likes this.
  9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

If Durant didn't choke last year, it would have been Westbrook vs LeBron in the Finals

RyanB likes this.
  10. malakas

malakas Member

Funny thing if this happened it would save both their teams 10s of millions of dollars since they wouldn't be able to get the ultra max vet extension.

11. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Most definitely not. But he'd be a good option off the bench to back up the Beard!

Lawlruschang and francis 4 prez like this.
  12. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

No, i would not.

14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I would like to see westbrook in antoniO system 7 seconds or less

15. RyanB

RyanB Member

After what I saw from them, id rather have Robot bricking Westbrook than lazy sleepwalking HARDEN

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Nope, I wouldn't trade him. Morey needs to continue building a team around Harden that can take Houston back to the Western Conference Finals, where anything can happen. Guys on the level of Anderson and Gordon won't cut it, in my opinion, although they are nice pieces to have. This is a huge summer for Morey.

17. rocketseagles07

Ultimately I think we'd be in the same situation so no. But if I had to pick one or the other it would be Russ. That's not a prisoner of the moment thing or we hating on James I love the guy. Just my honest opinion

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

lmao, this place was killing Westbrook's stat padding, chucking, and low BBIQ play all season and throughout that 1st round series and now a thread like this pops up...

I think I'm gonna take a break from this place, the sh*t posting and knee jerk reactions are getting corny

19. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I'm not a huge WB fan... but I'd probably have to pull the trigger on it... I wouldn't love it - but I'd do it...

Until I hear a better reason than "the team just couldn't get in a rhythm..." to explain that **** show... I have to assume we are dealing with a weak minded diva who got pissed off and quit... so regrettably I'd do it...

T for 3 likes this.
  20. rocketseagles07

Agree 100%... but I wasn't one of them so I feel justified saying I'd take Russ. Not that you were speaking on me just saying

DanielV and T for 3 like this.