1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Travis Scott on Stephen A Smith show

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Captain Hook, May 12, 2017.

1. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

Travis Scott was just on Stephen A Smith show saying that Harden was home and down about the loss and Travis Scott convinced him to come out to his show and hang with the fellas. Maybe Harden really does care, but just used the Houston night life to get his mind off of what happened.

Man I love Houston.

2. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

I wont deny that harden shat the bed but i reject the hell out of the premise that "he doesnt care"

These dudes build their entire lives self worth on what happens as twenty somethings in the playoffs

3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Thanks for providing some additional context.

4. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Seriously. Harden knew how much this mattered, he clearly cares. He's trying to define his legacy, his entire career. He may have choked badly, but I don't think his "caring" or not is the issue here.

Also, I think its time to just stop the extra-curriculur reporting altogether. I have no idea how much these guys party (my guess is a lot) and stories like this only seem to surface after particularly bad losses. Discussing these issues is almost pure speculation, and just leads to more frustration and anger than anything constructive. Remember when Jeremy Lin was out partying after the Trail Blazers loss or whatever? By all accounts he cares a lot and is a good locker room presence.

Though Travis Scott's revelation does make me feel a little better TBH. Gotta love Houston GOATs sticking out for each other.

5. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

lmao travis is just covering for james

6. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

LOL Real friends do real things.

Justin Dela Torre likes this.
  7. Daddy Long Legs

Very well said. This is year one of this experiment where harden is the undeniable leader. He will dark muse

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

honestly man, i do think he cares. but he cares to a certain degree. He cares to the point of being competitive etc. but at the end of the day, he'll be satisfied at a certain point even if it is short of an nba finals or actual title. A playoff run is nice but whenever it ends, it won't eat at him like it would a true great.

but IMO he doesn't care nearly enough to be an actual champion and that's evident year after year. Again, that's just what I see and based on everything I know and seen throughout his career.

9. juanm34

juanm34 Member

We all know he cares but maybe he should care a little bit more during crucial games.
    On to the offseason.:(

macho87, Tomstro and Rox11 like this.
  10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I don't understand how this is a big deal at all.

People want him to work on his game after losing? Work on what? People act like him skipping out on some rocky montage training is the difference between him being a champion or not.

You could also say that he cared too much and that's why he choked.

Some players play without the pressure once they realize it's just a basketball game and there are more important things in life than that.

Freezing up and having anxiety about a game could also look exactly like what happened last night.

Either he cares far too much and becomes a nervous wreck before big games...or he simply doesn't care too much about it at all.

Either way, we won't get far trying to look into mans mind and assume his feelings about things.

11. Daddy Long Legs

We dont know though. None of us can get in his head. He is introverted and distant as hell.

I just believe that you dont get to his level without caring. This is a same guy that wouldve accepted less money to stay in okc to win. This is the dude who bounced back this year. He always seems to be at his best when he has something to prove...

JayGoogle likes this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

the only person that would really know is him but yeah that's just coming from me personally. You know I've been a supporter of his all year. There's just different levels of focus to me. To be in the echelon of a champions, it takes more than what he has done even if he thinks it's enough.

None of us would be having all these discussions had he played last night like it was the last of his career and left it all on the floor. I sure wouldn't have and would have applauded him for his efforts. But it was the complete opposite and I'm still in shock man

Yung-T and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  13. threepointshot3

Good to see it hurts but he has to channel that into improving even more.

Yung-T, wizkid83 and saleem like this.
  14. conquistador#11

I had to google who that was. If only beyonce and jay z could have called jeff van gundy that fateful superbowl day to get an excused absenced for stevie.

15. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Makes no sense unless Travis is saying his shows on the road. Harden hit midtown after the game / Travis concert. I feel bad for harden. One season where it was mainly positive but ppl will remember the last 2 games.

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

propaganda.

daywalker02 and T for 3 like this.
  17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I don't care what he does in his free time as long as it's legal.

Jordan and Barkley were well known for going out themselves.

However.

Wtf is he doing that is making him so sluggish and tired? Is he not sleeping at all? Is he doing purple drank? Non stop shots?

He looks like he's 35 sometimes out there.

18. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

Well damn if you are already out and about with the homies, why not?

19. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Home for 30 mins lol

RasaqBoi likes this.
  20. Genesis

Genesis Contributing Member

Sooo what you're saying is Travis made a huge money line bet with Harden for spurs to win, and by sulking at home, you mean they are celebrating with the boys on westheimer. :D:D

I got ya!