1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does Harden have the potential to be better than T-Mac in his prime?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by haiti1804, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

T-mac was a great defender in Toronto, certainly not here

he played defense when he felt like it, and he couldn't match Harden's offensive production

Harden making it out of the 1st round more than 0 times ends the discussion for me

DallasThomas likes this.
  2. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

But following your logic, you are an accomplice of "Hating the Rockets" by commenting in this thread...

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I thought this thread was about who the better player in their prime was? Or are we moving goal posts? No coach, owner or player would choose prime Harden over prime T-mac if it was for a game winning quarter.

T-mac had more clutch moments in one game against San Antonio than Harden has in his career.

PERIOD

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm the superhero trying to defeat the villain
    Like the Dark Knight taking on two face

5. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Dear God PLEASE don't curse Harden by linking him to that "Never Was" McGrady. :rolleyes:

tinman likes this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

13 in 33 was cool, but Harden has had many clutch moments in his career, I could pull up countless clips...how quickly people forget

I'm sure that many people would take Harden over T-Mac if we're talking about a full game or a full season and not just clutch time

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I can think of two. Both against lousy teams. The Suns and the Nuggets.

8. tinman

Supporting Member

When harden gets an injury he still is able to play
    When tmac gets an injury expect a new set of Armani suits courtside

Snow Villiers likes this.
  9. Mr. Motiejunas

Tmac would never get owned by John Simmons, Danny Green and the corpse of Manu.

Ndz, Dopamine and Snow Villiers like this.
  10. Mr. Motiejunas

FIRST BALLOT!
    [​IMG]

Snow Villiers and Dopamine like this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

there's many more, he wasn't that great in the clutch this season, but he has been very good in the clutch for us overall throughout his 5 seasons in Houston

Did u also forget what he did against Chicago at home this season? He was incredibly clutch in that game.

12. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

First ballot and NO NBA Championship Rings. You two be sure to say "Hi" to Charles Barkley at the ceremony. I could care less.

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

we never would've found out because T-Mac would've been eliminated in the 1st round

14. tinman

Supporting Member

Barkley won an MVP and a gold medal and took his team to The finals

McGrady took his team to TNT fishing so many times that the perfect storm was a story about the McGrady Rockets

15. Mr. Motiejunas

That's how great he was. First Ballot with no NBA championships! Sir Charles, member of the Dream Team. Great company. Sir Charles>Harden
    Tmac>Harden :eek:

16. tinman

Supporting Member

Thinking about McGrady when the Rockets are in an elimination game in the semifinals is like thinking about Ebola when you are visiting the Congo

17. Mr. Motiejunas

swyyyguy likes this.
  18. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure people that are picking McGrady in this argument were only just starting to watch basketball when T-Mac was playing. Seeing things through the rose-colored glasses of someone revisiting events from their own glory days.

Either that, or they liked the "look" of McGrady's play style better than Harden's, because objectively, it's really hard to pick McGrady here.

I mean, even in McGrady's best statistical years he didn't come close to what Harden did this year. That's not even factoring in that McGrady was on a shitty team in a historically shitty conference when he padded—I mean put up—those stats. It's also not even mentioning the consistent playoff failures. There's really no legit argument here.

jeevinesh likes this.
  19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The HALL OF FAME Laden laker team STEVE FRANCIS played against would wipe
    the floor with any team TMAC lost too in the first round

The only 'LESSER SEED" Harden has lost too . . . is PORTLAND which had the same record as the Rockets

#1 Seeded OKC
    Portland #5 seed to our #4
    #1 Seeded Golden State
    #1 Seeded Golden State

They now fighting #2 seeded Spurs to try and face the #1 Seeded Golden State
    And these are not #1 and 2 in the West. . . .they are #1 and 2 in the F*CKING NBA!!!

Rocket River

DallasThomas and tinman like this.
  20. tinman

Supporting Member

Thinking about Tmac when the Rockets with Harden are playing the Spurs in the semifinals is like thinking about the titanic when you are on a cruise ship