1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Annoying Commercials

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by MystikArkitect, Jan 3, 2015.

1. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

QFT - this post is right on.

A lot of ones that were mentioned over a year ago are still annoying like Cliff Paul/State Farm, Flo on Progressive, and especially the dorks on Sonic.

That new gatorade commercial is infinitely annoying and I would like to add that stupid Adam Devine character in Allstate and Best Buy.

2. Buck Turgidson

"I'm Scott Elder, and I'm a dealer for the people."

Used car salesman out of Austin, he loooves to advertise on the radio and his commercials are possibly the most annoying things I've ever heard.

My brother's idea was to have a charity benefit, you pay $20 to get in line and punch him in the face.

3. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I hate Scott Elder with a passion.

4. Bob Barker 007

This is just hilarious. I know it's not annoying, but everyone needs to see it:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fzUEU4sYw6g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  5. PhiSlammaJamma

How is that we hear every single thought Matthew McConaughey has while he is driving, but when he decides to fall into a pool with a 5k suit on we don't know what the hell he was thinking? Not a word.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_rhENQftPqs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Also, that Heineken commercial is awful gay. Not that there is anything wrong with that. But flipping meat, seriously, is Heineken marketing the gay market, are they the beer of choice for gays, or just what is going on there I don't know, but it seemed to be a little too in your face there.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/G1X7yDZh5cY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

That Lincoln commercial came on 3 times in one commercial break during the Texans game. Cannot take it.

7. The Boz

The Boz Member

Freakin GEICO

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EnR9ah0v1o4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BjHK2Uczq7o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hwo19jA_wAs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. PhiSlammaJamma

Even more annoying is that they are proud of 97% Customer satisfaction. How about 100% you Geico morons. Or better yet, just lie and tell us it is 100%.

9. Caddman

Caddman Contributing Member

Was watching Bronos v Colts and that commercial came on. Flipped to Rams v Seahawks and the same damn commercial was on.

10. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

Southern California Honda has the most cynical set of commercials I've ever seen. There's a whole bunch of them but here is the first example I found on YouTube.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ENQtstCQMas" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Basically they spend maybe $500 dollars helping somebody out and then tens of thousands telling potential customers about it. There is one on the radio where they literally give diapers to a mother.

11. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

the whole spring and summer of this year on 610, there was an ad to purchase tickets to the OU/UH game...

the guy announcing that had the most redneck, hick way of talking...

"the syooners and the cyoogars"....*******..i hated that **** so much

12. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

I loathe this commercial with a passion

Asian Sensation, el gnomo and Sajan like this.
  13. Juxtaposed Jolt

Just because a gentleman got the last goat cheese garden salad on your latest flight, doesn't mean you can just spew hatred.

Asian Sensation and Hustle Town like this.
  14. BleedsRocketRed

THE ANDERSON'S GOT TICKETS TO THE GAME!?!?

15. Bob Barker 007

"Sold, but I get to pick the movie." "Can I pick the genre?" Genre genre genre

Hustle Town likes this.
  16. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

The Sprint commercial with the guy and his dog that's his "son" which he dresses up like himself. I yell at the tv every time.

17. Sajan

Sajan Member

yes this commercial is ridiculous.

first off no ones getting a goat cheese salad on an airline in economy.
    2nd u agreed to pay for someones movie because u get 30 cents back in cashback?? get out of here.

18. CCorn

CCorn Member

Just when I thought the general couldn't get any worse, they brought in Shaq.

19. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

I hate Flo. I can't stand her voice. I don't listen to the radio anymore just to avoid any Progressive commercials.

ubigred and Bob Barker 007 like this.
  20. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

This. And also, what happened to the guy getting to pick the genre? Either the guy should have backed out of the deal, or Tina Fey should stop being a bully.

Asian Sensation likes this.